You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Takethatyoubeast

How about some cover

8 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
4,762 battles

I'm not a good player in fact I wouldn't even claim to be average but.....

Estuary map T7 - T9 MM. I'm in a Baltimore and with 1 DD we are left by the rest of our team to cap and hold west flank cap. DD does well but is taken out leaving me alone against, at that time, 5 enemy ships. Choices : Make a futile gesture or get the hell out of dodge.

I chose to fall back rather than get blown out of the water and have to fight a running battle with 2 enemy DD's with still no friendly support as they are in a lemming train half way round the map

Our 2 remaining DD's are keeping each other company whilst capping and spotting

I then get a message in chat telling me I am not playing well from 1 of the DD's 

Ok. We won the battle, I got more exp than the DD that was telling me how poor my play was and I had no support from my "team" for much of the match with the nearest ship a BB over 10 'km away and at no stage did any other ship ask me if I needed help or, as I would have done as a DD driver, head back to spot / screen for me 

I've never posted here before but what more could I have done other than join the lemming train at the start and leave our DD heading west with no support at all ?

[PVE]
Members
10,843 posts
7,979 battles
2 minutes ago, Takethatyoubeast said:

I'm not a good player in fact I wouldn't even claim to be average but.....

Estuary map T7 - T9 MM. I'm in a Baltimore and with 1 DD we are left by the rest of our team to cap and hold west flank cap. DD does well but is taken out leaving me alone against, at that time, 5 enemy ships. Choices : Make a futile gesture or get the hell out of dodge.

I chose to fall back rather than get blown out of the water and have to fight a running battle with 2 enemy DD's with still no friendly support as they are in a lemming train half way round the map

Our 2 remaining DD's are keeping each other company whilst capping and spotting

I then get a message in chat telling me I am not playing well from 1 of the DD's 

Ok. We won the battle, I got more exp than the DD that was telling me how poor my play was and I had no support from my "team" for much of the match with the nearest ship a BB over 10 'km away and at no stage did any other ship ask me if I needed help or, as I would have done as a DD driver, head back to spot / screen for me 

I've never posted here before but what more could I have done other than join the lemming train at the start and leave our DD heading west with no support at all ?

Some people will complain no matter what you do. You can have a Kraken and Confederate and people will still complain. One of the annoyances about PvP.

Members
2,584 posts
5,591 battles

yeah..some complain with whatever you do....hey you should drop the REPLAY file here on the paper clip so we can see okay?

Members
3 posts
4,762 battles

I could have understood if I left a 4 vs 4 battle so I didn't take any damage but it was me vs 5 with no support

It's a shame a good game has to be spoiled by the "Do as I say not as I do" brigade

[WOLF2]
Members
939 posts
7,706 battles
23 minutes ago, Takethatyoubeast said:

I could have understood if I left a 4 vs 4 battle so I didn't take any damage but it was me vs 5 with no support

It's a shame a good game has to be spoiled by the "Do as I say not as I do" brigade

It happens.   I'm usually in the same situation, as MM likes to put me on the outskirts, usually with a lone DD.  Maybe a cruiser.

And when I see the red lemming train approach, I usually take the "hold yer ground" stance.   In the case of dual lemming trains, if I can hold them up, that gives my team time to flank and destroy.

And it's hold.... hold... hold... hold...

Um... hold.   Priority target is at 5.... 6.... 7.

And our lemming train is stalled at the first cap they went to.    And continue to stay at said cap until they're finished off.

Take such sage advice from these D cap huddlers with a grain of salt....   as salt is all they're offering.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
359 posts
5,285 battles

Don't let it get to you.  So many people get tunnel vision in this game and are just completely oblivious to what's happening outside of their crosshair.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,231 posts
6,596 battles
2 hours ago, Takethatyoubeast said:

but what more could I have done other than join the lemming train at the start and leave our DD heading west with no support at all ?

On some maps, I know the right cap/right caps to go to, and sometimes, the teams go absolutely in the wrong direction, and I know it's wrong. Going to the "right cap" solo is just a way to die and help the team suffer for it's bad decision, but you suffer the most by dying first. I bail. And if another teammate was going to the "right cap" with me, I bail publicly, announcing that I'm bailing in team chat, and will generally aim that announcement at the guy the I had heretofore been preparing to support, and I say why. I'm giving him a fair chance to know that he's on his own, and then he has a chance to bail out, too. If you're heading to the right cap with inadequate force, you ain't heading to the right cap. Neither is te rest of the team, but you can't do anything about them.

For example, on the map "Neighbors", B/C is generally the successful play. Most teams go there, and whoever gets the upper hand in C usually wins. I've been on teams that go A/B. It's pointless for one or two of you to head to C if the team has gone A/B, knowing the odds are very high that you'll meet seven reds there. If you know you're heading for a bad matchup, bail fast, bail early, and bail loudly, and you might avoid the additional mistake of dividing the team. A lemming train going in the wrong direction needs to get a decisive upper hand quickly in order to win. Standing on principle and underscoring the "lemming-ness" of the lemming train might be the principled play in theory, but in reality, most of those hopping on the lemming train aren't paying enough attention to learn from experience.

Sometimes, you gotta join the lemming train.