You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Is 3 years too long to expect a working Port UI?

20 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
3,311 posts
9,774 battles

Performance optimization for the port UI is long overdue. My GPU is going to burn itself out from sitting on what is considered a game menu screen....

Also, would be nice to have a fully functioning, non buggy Chat interface and shoot....

It would be nice to have a working inventory as well.... image.png.2a3e0de15aa02301bf3f11ef76398d74.png

These are mostly minor issues, but WG doesn't seem to care about polishing what they got up right now. Is it too much to expect pages in the port to open up quickly? Should we expect it be so laggy all of the time?

• Cool 3

[TBOW]
Members
1,342 posts
10,981 battles

I have started having to restart the game, cause UI just stops responding.  Like I will be in a division, can't change the ship to the one I want, I get stuck there and can't ready up the ship I am on even.  It just stops taking input.

[FARQD]
Members
447 posts
6,732 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

Nope https://www.videogamer.com/news/world_of_warships_officially_launches_on_september_17

It's release, despite the 0.X.X version numbers

Yeah remember reading that article :)

I meant to say WG still doesn't want to iron out little trivial things as if it is still beta mode. Those things should have been fixed by now and sadly they don't care about it. It gets so frustrating when the Arsenal tab just keeps loading forever and would have to restart the game. 

[OO7]
Members
3,311 posts
9,774 battles
4 minutes ago, GrimmeReaper said:

I have started having to restart the game, cause UI just stops responding.  Like I will be in a division, can't change the ship to the one I want, I get stuck there and can't ready up the ship I am on even.  It just stops taking input.

Have had numerous ui errors the last couple days and have had div mates have problems. and sometimes a restart isn't fixing them.

Edited by Ducky_shot

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,329 posts
9,639 battles

I would be happy if new UI windows that you open would open on top of already open windows instead of behind.

[LOU1]
Members
3,175 posts
8,440 battles

Sad to hear you guys are having those problems.  I haven't had any of these issues, but the upcoming 64-bit client and dx change should help. 

[DAKI]
Members
644 posts
7,042 battles

I just want a new engine versus the old wot engine. If it aint broke isnt an excuse for not upgrading your game. But WG is just in it for making bang out of the buck before cv rework kills the majority of the game pop.

:p

[OPG]
Supertester
1,974 posts
10,878 battles

*Opens friends list*

*goes to the kitchen to grab a drink*

*gets back, port is still frozen*

*goes to use the restroom*

*gets back, list is up, now to scroll through all the offline people to try to find who is online*

*find online friend, click to send them an invite*

*Goes and checks email*

*checks back with game to see port still frozen*

*goes checks reddit*

*gets back and message is open, type it out, hit send, see friend is already now offline*

*give up just play solo*

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[WOLF3]
Members
6,930 posts
2,724 battles
8 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

Sad to hear you guys are having those problems.  I haven't had any of these issues, but the upcoming 64-bit client and dx change should help. 

What upcoming 64-bit client?  I thought that the Big World engine was staying at 32-bit?

Members
672 posts
2,396 battles

It would be nice if they moved that I icon to the left so it stops poping up windows over the captain window when I'm trying to shift guys into prem ships while they are at it.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,183 battles
1 hour ago, sansfaille said:

Aren't we still in 'beta' testing? :D

Yes the game is still essentially in Beta but WGing doesn't consider it Beta. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,329 posts
9,639 battles
1 hour ago, SyndicatedINC said:

*Opens friends list*

*goes to the kitchen to grab a drink*

*gets back, port is still frozen*

*goes to use the restroom*

*gets back, list is up, now to scroll through all the offline people to try to find who is online*

*find online friend, click to send them an invite*

*Goes and checks email*

*checks back with game to see port still frozen*

*goes checks reddit*

*gets back and message is open, type it out, hit send, see friend is already now offline*

*give up just play solo*

Mine isn't that bad but the delays for some parts of the port UI to react to a click are way too long.

Members
3,713 posts
6,424 battles

I played with a GTX 670 for 3 years and recently got a GTX 1080 and the port does not thrash the video card at all.  In my experience - the UI is the least 'buggy' think in WoWs.