You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

It not that freakin hard

17 comments in this topic

[ES]
Members
181 posts
14,859 battles

4 games in a Row cruisers and BB hang back don't support the DDs who are all contesting caps and spotting; then other teams Cruisers support their DDs with BBs providing over watch and guess what they crush us. Is basic tactics just unknown.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
18,996 posts
5,340 battles
14 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

4 games in a Row cruisers and BB hang back don't support the DDs who are all contesting caps and spotting; then other teams Cruisers support their DDs with BBs providing over watch and guess what they crush us.

14 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Is basic tactics just unknown.

Just by your teams apparently lol.

• Funny 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,602 posts
2,086 battles

Biggest problem I have trying to support DDs in a cruiser, is the inevitable immediate cap rush followed by detection...and Poof - They Pop smoke and hide... Leaving the Supporting cruiser player out to dry with no vision.  Happens in 90% of random battles.. DD captains seem oblivious of the fact that they are far faster than their support and heavily advanced and providing vision.  9 out of 10 times they get killed by other DDs performing same mad rush.    Usually this results in DD Rage in chat and at somewhat rarer times, coming to forums to gripe about their teams lack of "support"  

• Cool 3

Members
4,679 posts
6,834 battles

Smoke is overused and IMO stupidly used much to often IMO.  Some matches leave you fighting blind due to all the smoke poppers.

• Cool 1

[WOLF6]
[WOLF6]
Members
66 posts
2,209 battles
4 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

Biggest problem I have trying to support DDs in a cruiser, is the inevitable immediate cap rush followed by detection...and Poof - They Pop smoke and hide... Leaving the Supporting cruiser player out to dry with no vision.

The smoke also makes it difficult for the supporting BB's (who, if they're following basic support tactics, are running at flank speed just to stay in support range of the DD's who've left them far behind) to do their job so that the CL's don't get hung out to dry and deleted.

Members
727 posts
33 minutes ago, Sensai_Lawrence said:

because dds are overpowered cancer and nobody wants to get close to them.  

Lol... DD's are usually the first ships dead in the game...

Thinks they're over powered!

But yeah, the OP is right. Many teams refuse to support caps that are anywhere near an island. Is there a cap with no islands? You can be guaranteed most ships are headed there.

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

[YORHA]
Members
3,544 posts
2 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Confuses bote with player...

[M_INC]
Members
104 posts
6,667 battles

...if you've only had that scenario 4 games out of 13, 671 battles, 

lucky u

[USCC2]
Members
3,816 posts
20 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

Biggest problem I have trying to support DDs in a cruiser, is the inevitable immediate cap rush followed by detection...and Poof - They Pop smoke and hide... Leaving the Supporting cruiser player out to dry with no vision.  Happens in 90% of random battles.. DD captains seem oblivious of the fact that they are far faster than their support and heavily advanced and providing vision.  9 out of 10 times they get killed by other DDs performing same mad rush.    Usually this results in DD Rage in chat and at somewhat rarer times, coming to forums to gripe about their teams lack of "support"  

Unsure of what you expect the DD to do, I'm sure you have an idea but I'd be interested in what it is as:

If a DD is forward and gets spotted he has several options open to him, but I can guarantee as the PT indicator starts rising one of the main things will be get out of dodge before rounds start coming in at different times and from different locations. This seems sensible to me and I don't know how many times I've stated DDs should have an escape vector if things go wrong (as fast as they are they can't outrun the ammo being fired at them and where do they 'dodge' if being fired at from different locations; their HP isn't going to last that long?).

So if the DD is expected to have thought forward and planned an escape, then shouldn't the CA (and BB) covering him also have an idea of what to  do? Surely you don't expect the DD to start dancing on the spot until eventually killed. I know if I am in a CA or BB I will know where I'm going if things go bad.

I'm not saying it is an easy solution, my planning hasn't always gone to....plan lol, but not to expect a DD to evade if spotted seems a little harsh, shouldn't everyone be expected to think forward? :Smile_honoring:

Edited by _WaveRider_

[DANKY]
Members
586 posts
1,789 battles

The DD has to respect radar, so the line of scrimmage depends on how far forward your/the other team’s radar ships can get without dying. A BB that tries to force the matter without coordinating runs a huge risk  

Therefore it’s smart for a DD to smoke the radar ships and spot forward of the smoke, pushing the red DDs back out of radar range. But that’s not always easy! The DD has to lay the smoke where the cruiser wants to be. The cruiser has to know it’s coming, and he has to take advantage of the smoke when it’s laid. 

That’s why you watch out for DD/radar cruiser divisions. They clear the field for BBs to push in aggressively the way they’re meant to. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,291 posts
9,598 battles

How far back are this hanging back ships? Ten km for a cruiser and fifteen km  for a BB behind a DD is not hanging back.

[GOOF]
Members
41 posts
3,516 battles
32 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

But yeah, the OP is right. Many teams refuse to support caps that are anywhere near an island. Is there a cap with no islands? You can be guaranteed most ships are headed there.

I have to disagree m8 your typical DD player will rush out to the nearest cap and camp there in smoke as an onslaught of enemy ships comes by and nukes them.

I'm not saying you do this or that everyone does this but it would seem too me that my hardest matches ( I try to cl ca main) are when enemy dds survive. 

I hope you will agree that surviving is much more important and helpful to the team then popping into a cap and smoking and dying. 

A good captain should see that.

• Cool 2