Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

51 19Pt Captains

41 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,183 battles

I just trained my 51st 19PT Captain this weekend. It's only taken 16K random battles to get to this point.

I now have a 19 in the RU DD line tier 4-10 Khaba line. Tier 4-8 and 10 US cruiser line, no way I'm keeping the tier 9 Dumpster fire US cruisers. Plus I have 19's in all the Commonwealth and Italian lines. 

It in my opinion is better to focus on leveling up a 19 rather than spreading the wealth when u have a low number of 19's when u get a bunch it doesn't really matter.

Cheers

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
7,173 posts
4,869 battles
16 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

I just trained my 51st 19PT Captain this weekend.

You're fifty ahead of me, my friend.

I'm trying to decide which one is going to be #2, especially given that I burned most of my flags getting #1. In the meantime, now that I've got the Cossack and I don't have to bother about achieving particular tasks, I really should just spam the hell out of Twilight Mode for the rest of this patch and unlock as many of the extra ships as I can, so I've always got a 19-pointer ready to go and I'm always accumulating elite captain XP.  God give me strength.

[TF_34]
Members
1,141 posts
7,083 battles

Must be nice. XP in coop is crap, so training captains takes forever. I've got a few 15s and 16s but that's it. 

• Cool 1

[SUCIT]
Members
914 posts
3,863 battles

I'm sitting somewhere around 20.  I mainly only play T10, and I have 19 pointers in all of my T10's except the Moskva and Conqueror.  I think I have 6 19 point USN captains though.  Not bad for a hair over 2.7k random battles imo.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,699 posts
10,076 battles

Wow that blows me away lol! Nice work. I think I have about 5 or 6 of them.

[WOLF2]
Members
939 posts
7,706 battles

Well done.   Got my first 19 pt skipper just about one year ago (end of November).   At 11 skippers now, and about to make French Dasha my 12th 19 pointer.

I agree with your approach to focus XP on a particular skipper.   They move up pretty quickly.   I did pause the 19 point grind (taking existing 19 pointers and playing them every day to rack up CMDR XP).   Too many grinds WG is throwing at us, and there's free stuff to be had.   I'll probably finish up 2018 with 12 skippers.     Should WG slow down the constant grinds, I may jump back into adding a ton more 19 pointers for 2019.

Grats!

[PQUOD]
Members
439 posts
6,871 battles
26 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

no way I'm keeping the tier 9 Dumpster fire US cruisers. 

lol, this has been my hardest ship to grind so far. USN T9 CL. It seems to be a AA specialized ship. Most higher tier battles seem to be CV free. So far the best two strategies has been either utilizing islands which means turning into a sitting duck, or shadowing behind a BB and acting like a 2nd set of 2ndaries.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,173 posts
4,869 battles
7 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

Too many grinds WG is throwing at us, and there's free stuff to be had. 

With 11 captains to play with and plenty of grinding to do, shouldn't this enhance your ability to accumulate ECXP and get more 19 pointers? Even if all of them are in tech tree ships and you have no premiums, shouldn't you be in a comfortable position to attack most tasks if not all?

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,182 battles
1 hour ago, IronMike11B4O said:

I just trained my 51st 19PT Captain this weekend. It's only taken 16K random battles to get to this point.

I now have a 19 in the RU DD line tier 4-10 Khaba line. Tier 4-8 and 10 US cruiser line, no way I'm keeping the tier 9 Dumpster fire US cruisers. Plus I have 19's in all the Commonwealth and Italian lines. 

It in my opinion is better to focus on leveling up a 19 rather than spreading the wealth when u have a low number of 19's when u get a bunch it doesn't really matter.

Cheers

Have I told you that I hate you this week? lol

• Funny 1

[DENY]
Members
249 posts
6,941 battles
1 hour ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Cheers

Congrats, seriously, that took planning and time. You have twice my number of Captains, and I'm going to guess that you started way before the captain change when it was even harder to get a 19 point captain.

[WOLF2]
Members
939 posts
7,706 battles
37 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

With 11 captains to play with and plenty of grinding to do, shouldn't this enhance your ability to accumulate ECXP and get more 19 pointers? Even if all of them are in tech tree ships and you have no premiums, shouldn't you be in a comfortable position to attack most tasks if not all?

Some events, definitely.     

What I meant by the ECXP grind was that I'd take my 19 pt USN skipper, and play him in every premium ship to get the first win bonus.  Then, switch over to my RN skipper, do the same.     I'd repeat the process with all my skippers - running their ship and then the premiums.     But, I'd already be at 10 - 12 games just grinding ECXP before I even got to the missions/campaigns.     Sure, some of the results of those games would apply to the mission criteria.   But not always.

Thus, I focused on mission/campaign grinding.   Sometimes, I could use my 19 pointers, and many times (depending on ship class, etc.), I just used whatever skipper I had assigned.

[RLGN]
Members
8,686 posts
17,940 battles

Just 14, at 2k or so less games; but not as many PvP probably.

Including one ARP 19-pointer, (Kongo.)

[WOLF3]
Members
6,918 posts
2,714 battles

Y'all have too many.

It's not fair.

Something must be done.

Mine.gif.45224faa32920bcedc93b8c77eb22394.gif

[LOU1]
Members
3,170 posts
8,432 battles

Only 7 right now.  Up to 2.3M Elite XP, but haven't been able to decide which line to finish off the high pointers in.  Now that I think about it, that XP is doing no good just sitting there...

[H_]
Members
280 posts
7,726 battles

Amazing.. just simply amazing.. I don't know how you guys do it.. I just got a few of my captains to 17pt..

One day..

[ARGSY]
Members
7,173 posts
4,869 battles
19 minutes ago, S16_Hunter said:

I just got a few of my captains to 17pt..

Concentrate on just one. That's the key. I chose one of my British captains because he was homed in a cruiser (Edinburgh) but also had a premium destroyer (Gallant) and two premium battleships (Warspite, Nelson) to drive, for all of which his skill set worked reasonably well. Thus I had variety for which ship I chose to play, and not all of them were difficult high-tier propositions. 

Things are going to get better once I have a second, because then I'll have a 19 point captain to take out at once if the first one gets sunk early in the battle. That's why events like Space Battles and these Halloween things are so valuable, especially if you have nothing else to concentrate on, because you can spam 19 point captains like crazy and you've always got one (and a ship) ready to go.

[RKLES]
Members
7,541 posts
9,573 battles

I have  4x 19 point captains on Bismarck, Yamato, Gearing, and QE/ all my Premium RN BBs that share the QE Captain.

Missouri, Gneisenau/ Scharnhorst, Graf Spee, and Harekaze/ Kagero have Captains that are getting close to 19 points. Rest of my ships make do with 10-16 point captains depending on what they need. Honestly many ships are adequately equipped with captains in that range, and only a relatively few ships require the 19 point captains such as full secondary build ships like Bismarck. But having some 19 point captains on some really good ships does help ensure your other ships can get their 10+ point captains without having to struggle grinding a Captain for a new ship. You can just recruit new 1 point Captain on your brand new ship and use the ECXP to level him to 10+ points.

Members
663 posts
7,302 battles
3 hours ago, IronMike11B4O said:

Cheers

18,643 games! Holy C IronMike, that's like 15 games a day. No offence, I like the game too, but wow.:cap_wander_2:

Sign in to follow this