You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LoveBote

Steel for the Scrubs!

135 comments in this topic

[-Y-]
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
5,237 posts
7,571 battles

Good news, on the EU forum the following has been published by a forum member claiming this to be a leak (so not official). Many will note that such ships as Flint will be easily obtainable by lazy undeserving sods like me, while others might decide a tier 10  premium without the high skill and committment of clan battles is an attractive route, Brokengrad for the masses.

of course, a minority will be unhappy, those who earned these ships the hard way.

What do you think?

Steel events :

+ In The Name Of His Highness! : max 8k steel (4 stages with 4 directives each, 500 per directive)

• The new game event «In the Name of His Highness!» is dedicated to the heyday of armored ships of the early 20th century. It will last 4 weeks.
  • There are 4 stages of the event. Each stage consists of 4 directives. Each Directive contains 10 to 11 tasks. There is a corresponding reward of camouflage, signals, Christmas containers and even steel. And continuing our new year's tradition, the main prize will be a new premium tier VI German battleship - Prinz Eitel Friedrich!
  • Rules for completing directives are similar to the Royal Navy event. After the completion of all directives, access to the Hall of Fame is unlocked, for which points can be earned in co-op, random, ranked, clan, scenario or special battles.

+ Steel Giants : max 6k steel (5 stages, 750-750-1000-1500-2000), doable in Co-op and Operation battles

• It will be available for purchase in the premium store. The campaign is dedicated to the construction of ships in the early 20th century. By completing its tasks and missions, you can get camouflage, signals, «Secret Santa» containers and steel.

+ Snowflakes :  max 100 steel per tech tree T9/T10 ship,  max 200 coal per tech tree T5-T8 ship including premiums

• Snowflakes are a one-time new year bonus, which is active as part of update 0.7.12.
  • The bonus will work on tech-tree ships from tiers V to X and premium and promo ships from tiers II to X. To "blow off a snowflake" from the ship, you need to go into battle in any mode except Training room and win. For this you will receive resources for the Arsenal: coal and steel. The higher the level - the more resources you get. The bonus may be “blown off” only once for each ship during the event.
  • This means that the more ships you have in the port, the more resources you can get for the Arsenal.

original discussion here :

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/56433-discussion-thread-for-some-interesting-info-around-the-world/?page=505&tab=comments#comment-2743249

reddit thread here : 

https://old.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/a0iz3m/steel_calculations_for_upcoming_events/

Edited by LoveBote
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 8

[ARGSY]
Members
7,055 posts
4,803 battles

I think some of that info may be wrong. From what I've seen, the Blowing off Snowflakes event is for all Tech Tree ships T5 and up, and all premiums.

[TASC]
Members
162 posts
6,151 battles

i would love to get the flint and black. but then i have a problem and get too many ships. 

[-Y-]
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
5,237 posts
7,571 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I think some of that info may be wrong. From what I've seen, the Blowing off Snowflakes event is for all Tech Tree ships T5 and up, and all premiums.

I'll try and update any major corrections, thanks for the tip about t5+.

• Bad 1

[WOLF9]
Members
52 posts
3,942 battles

Thanks for the information.  It will be interesting to see how much of it pans out.  

Would like to see the Snowflake coal reward be higher - around 500 coal per ship.  Not sure it was worth buying back a couple of Tier V US tech tree ships on sale yesterday for 200 coal.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,368 posts
21,808 battles

Well I don't play DD well, so I'm ok with not getting the Black.  Flint doesn't interest me (or the Atlanta)  but I'd certainly look at the BB's

[BOTES]
Members
166 posts
3,354 battles
16 minutes ago, slokill_1 said:

Well I don't play DD well, so I'm ok with not getting the Black.  Flint doesn't interest me (or the Atlanta)  but I'd certainly look at the BB's

BB (that isn't even released)* unless you want to convert to coal.

[SWOB]
Members
2,707 posts
15,956 battles

As someone who stops at rank 5 and whose clan is not going to be doing CB any time soon, I approve of this.

• Cool 2

[5BS]
Members
4,937 posts
46 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

What he posted there is accurate I think; T5 Tech trees CAN blow off snow flakes, they just get Coal instead of steel.

Anyway, I see no problem giving steel in this way, you can get it relatively easily in Ranked without even going above rank 5.

[PVE]
Members
10,680 posts
7,908 battles
44 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

Good news, on the EU forum the following has been published by a forum member claiming this to be a leak (so not official). Many will note that such ships as Flint will be easily obtainable by lazy undeserving sods like me, while others might decide a tier 10  premium without the high skill and committment of clan battles is an attractive route, Brokengrad for the masses.

of course, a minority will be unhappy, those who earned these ships the hard way.

What do you think?

Steel events :

+ In The Name Of His Highness! : max 8k steel (4 stages with 4 directives each, 500 per directive)

• The new game event «In the Name of His Highness!» is dedicated to the heyday of armored ships of the early 20th century. It will last 4 weeks.
  • There are 4 stages of the event. Each stage consists of 4 directives. Each Directive contains 10 to 11 tasks. There is a corresponding reward of camouflage, signals, Christmas containers and even steel. And continuing our new year's tradition, the main prize will be a new premium tier VI German battleship - Prinz Eitel Friedrich!
  • Rules for completing directives are similar to the Royal Navy event. After the completion of all directives, access to the Hall of Fame is unlocked, for which points can be earned in co-op, random, ranked, clan, scenario or special battles.

+ Steel Giants : max 6k steel (5 stages, 750-750-1000-1500-2000), doable in Co-op and Operation battles

• It will be available for purchase in the premium store. The campaign is dedicated to the construction of ships in the early 20th century. By completing its tasks and missions, you can get camouflage, signals, «Secret Santa» containers and steel.

+ Snowflakes :  max 100 steel per tech tree T9/T10 ship,  max 200 coal per tech tree T5-T8 ship including premiums

• Snowflakes are a one-time new year bonus, which is active as part of update 0.7.12.
  • The bonus will work on tech-tree ships from tiers V to X and premium and promo ships from tiers II to X. To "blow off a snowflake" from the ship, you need to go into battle in any mode except Training room and win. For this you will receive resources for the Arsenal: coal and steel. The higher the level - the more resources you get. The bonus may be “blown off” only once for each ship during the event.
  • This means that the more ships you have in the port, the more resources you can get for the Arsenal.

original discussion here :

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/56433-discussion-thread-for-some-interesting-info-around-the-world/?page=505&tab=comments#comment-2743249

reddit thread here : 

https://old.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/a0iz3m/steel_calculations_for_upcoming_events/

I wonder what the spread will be, if this 'leak' isn't just a trial balloon to see how much of a ruckus will form. :Smile_sceptic:

T10 is 100 steel max, so maybe 10 per tier? So 25 coal per tier for T5-T8 to get to 200 coal for T8 tech tree?

[-Y-]
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
5,237 posts
7,571 battles
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I wonder what the spread will be, if this 'leak' isn't just a trial balloon to see how much of a ruckus will form. :Smile_sceptic:

I know! Shocking right? WG should pay me for making these informative and helpful forum topics.

• Funny 2
  • Bad 2

[ARGSY]
Members
7,055 posts
4,803 battles
Just now, LoveBote said:

WG should pay me for making these informative and helpful forum topics.

They'd owe @Kizarvexis a lot more for his efforts over RN and Easter, and LWM should be a billionaire on that score.

• Cool 3

[-Y-]
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
5,237 posts
7,571 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

They'd owe @Kizarvexis a lot more for his efforts over RN and Easter, and LWM should be a billionaire on that score.

I hope not a billionaire in one of WOWS currencies that seem to devalue at an impressive rate.

[TBOW]
Members
1,321 posts
10,951 battles
2 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

I hope not a billionaire in one of WOWS currencies that seem to devalue at an impressive rate.

With you going by LoveBote I immediately decided we needed this:

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,792 posts
3,935 battles

I don't buy it that much to be honest. The person leaking seems to be mostly accurate with previous leaks, as it was said on the reddit post, but I think the amount is too big.

Now, if this is the amount of Steel you can earn in the PTS, then the leak makes much more sense to me, since every amount is multiplied there compared to the live server.

Edited by warheart1992

[5BS]
Members
4,937 posts
14 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

T10 is 100 steel max, so maybe 10 per tier? So 25 coal per tier for T5-T8 to get to 200 coal for T8 tech tree? 

That's not how I read that; I'm reading 'Max' as within that spread, that is the max coal/steel that can be earned. So for example steel can only be earned by T9 and T10 Tree ships, with a max of 200, says to me that Tier X ships will get 200 for their First win per ship, and Tier 9 will get some value < 200 steel for their first win per ship. So for example you have 3 Tier 10 and 3 Tier 9's, you play all and win all for their one reward; you get get 600 steel from the Tier X's (3*200) and, let's say hypothetically, 300 Steel from the 3 tier 9's (3*100 (hypothetically)). The same holds true for the sub T9's with coal.

Members
565 posts
168 battles

Looks like the loss of whales across all servers is starting to finally demand action from shareholders. That is why, as a game company, you don't use unique classes as competitively gated rewards

Edited by Sbane12
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[SUCIT]
Members
907 posts
3,831 battles
2 minutes ago, Sbane12 said:

Looks like the loss of whales across all servers is starting to finally demand action from shareholders. That is why, as a game company, you don't use unique classes as competitively gated rewards

Just stop.  Literally just stop.  

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[5BS]
Members
4,937 posts
8 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

but I think the amount is too big.

Well let's do this math:

200 Max per TX; there are 20 Tier X ships that are trees (assuming Stalingrad, Salem ect are exempt as they are *technically* premiums as far as game-coding is concerned). So that's, max, 4000 Steel possible on JUST Tier X's.

Now, let's assume I'm right and that Tier IX's get 100 Steel for their first win (less than the stated Max of 200); there's similarly 20 Tier 9's. That works out to be 2000 max steel (maybe).

Including in the other rewards, 6k from Steel Giants, and 8k From the Highness, that works out to, total, 20000 Steel, +-2000 steel. I don't have the game open but I don't think that's even enough to buy more than 1 of the lower rewards.

Edited by _RC1138

[SUCIT]
Members
907 posts
3,831 battles
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

Well let's do this math:

200 Max per TX; there are 19 Tier X ships that are trees (assuming Stalingrad, Salem ect are exempt as they are *technically* premiums as far as game-coding is concerned). So that's, max, 3800 Steel possible on JUST Tier X's.

Now, let's assume I'm right and that Tier IX's get 100 Steel for their first win (less than the stated Max of 200); there's similarly 19 Tier 9's. That works out to be 1900 max steel (maybe).

Including in the other rewards, 6k from Steel Giants, and 8k From the Highness, that works out to, total, 7600 Steel, +-1900 steel. I don't have the game open but I don't think that's even enough to buy ANY single Steel Reward in the game.

Your math is a bit off there.  6k+8k+1900 is 15900, or about 3/4 of the way to Stalingrad with a coupon.  

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
336 posts
3,383 battles
3 minutes ago, Sbane12 said:

Looks like the loss of whales across all servers is starting to finally demand action from shareholders.

Doubtful this WeeGee right now after all the money they have made off JB alone.

226336632_y.gif.b5ef38e5d13d87e441afe90af2f9ba5e.gif

• Funny 2

[5BS]
Members
4,937 posts
1 minute ago, XpliCT_ said:

Your math is a bit off there.  6k+8k+1900 is 15900, or about 3/4 of the way to Stalingrad with a coupon.  

I made a few mistakes (damn me for rushing). It's closer to 20,000 +-2000 total potential steel.

[-Y-]
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
5,237 posts
7,571 battles
1 minute ago, XpliCT_ said:

I'd like to get a sure figure, to display in the OP. But yeh, reddit is coming up with similar figures. For many people who are members of clans that have participated in Clan Wars, without advancing very far, this will be enough to finally unlock Stalingrad.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,792 posts
3,935 battles
1 minute ago, _RC1138 said:

I made a few mistakes (damn me for rushing). It's closer to 20,000 +-2000 total potential steel.

Bourgogne is 30k Steel for comparison, without taking into account the coupon.