You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Can't get a good hit with my BB's now

28 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
1,300 posts
4,971 battles

I've been playing Killer Whale with a coop or 2 thrown in over this holiday weekend. Saturday & Sunday the dispersion went into the crapper. Fire a broadside at the forts and my shells would circle the fort. Fire at a ship & my shells would straddle. This was happening at all ranges. I'm shooting at the stationary BB and missing or getting non-pens & bounces. Normal I have the cruiser that comes from the north sunk before the BB appears, not over this weekend. It would take 2 broadsides at close range to delete the last 14% of HP on the cruiser. When half of your shells hit under & the other half over your target at 8km it is very difficult to adjust.

It is strange that such a drastic change occurred and for at least 2 days. Hopefully Monday will be back to normal.

[INTEL]
Members
8,808 posts
26,251 battles
16 hours ago, kgh52 said:

I've been playing Killer Whale with a coop or 2 thrown in over this holiday weekend. Saturday & Sunday the dispersion went into the crapper. Fire a broadside at the forts and my shells would circle the fort. Fire at a ship & my shells would straddle. This was happening at all ranges. I'm shooting at the stationary BB and missing or getting non-pens & bounces. Normal I have the cruiser that comes from the north sunk before the BB appears, not over this weekend. It would take 2 broadsides at close range to delete the last 14% of HP on the cruiser. When half of your shells hit under & the other half over your target at 8km it is very difficult to adjust.

Ripple your turrets one at a time. That usually helps.

16 hours ago, kgh52 said:

It is strange that such a drastic change occurred and for at least 2 days. Hopefully Monday will be back to normal.

No change occurred. You just had a run of bad RNG. I played BBs on Sun and Mon and the guns were fine. 

[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,073 posts
7,882 battles

There is currently a bug in the game where your turrets fire while not being fully turned despite the UI telling you that they're turned they're actually not. If you get salvos that look weird, this is probably why. 

• Cool 1

[OBS]
Members
146 posts
664 battles

yah i had someone broadside for three friggin volleys in my bart at about 12k and didnt hit squat. there is def something up

Members
565 posts
168 battles

BBs have had overperforming accuracy since late 2015. If you can't land a  relatively good portion of your shells, even at around 80% of your max range, it is a serious player skill issue.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

Members
4,205 posts

In the three years I've played, after every large update my shooting goes into the toilet for about a week.  Not sure why, but its been consistent.

[TDRB]
Members
1,300 posts
4,971 battles

No change occurred. You just had a run of bad RNG. I played BBs on Sun and Mon and the guns were fine. 

Dispersion has not changed... 

I am inclined to believe it was a run of bad RNG. The strange thing is I have 4 T6 BB's and experienced the same thing on all 4. I have 6 T6 cruisers and RNG was fine.

4 hours ago, NeoRussia said:

There is currently a bug in the game where your turrets fire while not being fully turned despite the UI telling you that they're turned they're actually not. If you get salvos that look weird, this is probably why. 

3 hours ago, Mothermoy said:

yah i had someone broadside for three friggin volleys in my bart at about 12k and didnt hit squat. there is def something up

I seen another posted he thought something was up Saturday. I just thought it was strange and wanted to see if anybody was having the same bad luck.

23 minutes ago, Sbane12 said:

BBs have had overperforming accuracy since late 2015. If you can't land a  relatively good portion of your shells, even at around 80% of your max range, it is a serious player skill issue.

My T6 collection has 4 BB's, 1 DD & 6 cruisers. If it is a "lack of skill" issue then why was I able to land a good portion of my shells with the cruisers & DD I ran this same scenario with? Yes, I run scenarios with all of them to complete missions & grind commander points. Why was I able to hit with normal accuracy the previous days?  The same shooting mechanics apply to all 3 classes I listed. It appears you were too quick to pass judgment.

[TDRB]
Members
1,300 posts
4,971 battles
4 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

In the three years I've played, after every large update my shooting goes into the toilet for about a week.  Not sure why, but its been consistent.

I've been playing less than a year. With learning the game I haven't paid much attention to post update woes. Maybe I should from now on.

Members
565 posts
168 battles
5 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I am inclined to believe it was a run of bad RNG. The strange thing is I have 4 T6 BB's and experienced the same thing on all 4. I have 6 T6 cruisers and RNG was fine.

I seen another posted he thought something was up Saturday. I just thought it was strange and wanted to see if anybody was having the same bad luck.

My T6 collection has 4 BB's, 1 DD & 6 cruisers. If it is a "lack of skill" issue then why was I able to land a good portion of my shells with the cruisers & DD I ran this same scenario with? Yes, I run scenarios with all of them to complete missions & grind commander points. Why was I able to hit with normal accuracy the previous days?  The same shooting mechanics apply to all 3 classes I listed. It appears you were too quick to pass judgment.

Clearly I was not too quick. Objectivity > Subjectivity.

Clearly there were other underlying factors, that made you completely unable to perform even with an overpowered ship type. Skill has to be a major part of it.

Who knows... maybe you spend most of your time in the CAs and DDs at ranges far less than 75% of your max range in those ships, and spent most of your time at 100% of your max range in your BB.

• Bad 1

[ICBM]
Members
366 posts
5,492 battles

Last night I had a Yammy broadside my khab at 9 km. He hit me center mass with what looked like a killing volley but I only took 1k or so damage. Thought that was weird.

[SIDE]
Members
1,574 posts

Musash I trolled me hard for several games this weekend. Usually multiple hits on broadside B.B. targets would only ring up 4800 damage. Several salvos went that way. I did get a cit or two but with dozens of shells hitting, what was usually a regular occurrence (citadel), seemed to be much lower than normal occurrence. Meh, hopefully things back to normal today.

Beta Testers
405 posts
3,817 battles

That sounds more like a bad string of RNG than anything.

I played a number of games this weekend with my Missouri and didn't see any weird shots or questionable accuracy that was beyond the standard RNG values.

In an Operation though the accuracy is a bit reduced as the AI ships have camo iirc which adds to your dispersion making them go a bit wilder.

Beta Testers
731 posts
3,316 battles

I played some BBs yesterday. I did well in the Yamato in the first game of the day but each one of my other games were consistent trash. I was seeing a hit rate of less than 25% consistently and of those most were junk hits.

If it was just a bad run of RNG then there would’t be so many people here complaining about the same thing.

[TDRB]
Members
1,300 posts
4,971 battles
50 minutes ago, Sbane12 said:

Clearly I was not too quick. Objectivity > Subjectivity.

Clearly there were other underlying factors, that made you completely unable to perform even with an overpowered ship type. Skill has to be a major part of it.

Who knows... maybe you spend most of your time in the CAs and DDs at ranges far less than 75% of your max range in those ships, and spent most of your time at 100% of your max range in your BB.

I believe you have miss the major point, I'll rephrase. It was a sudden change from good to very poor in a specific time period.

This is a video game, all the power comes from the code the game is running.

With the large number of secondary hits I get I do not believe I'm long range sniping.

[TDRB]
Members
1,300 posts
4,971 battles

If it was just a bad run of RNG then there would’t be so many people here complaining about the same thing.

The reason I started this thread was I saw another stating the same thing Saturday. The posters was asking about clandestine nerf to BB accuracy. I don't believe BB accuracy was nerfed but it was poor for me over the weekend.

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
1,030 posts
6,386 battles

Do you manually switch between targets frequently? I'm pretty sure there's a bug where if you manually switch to another target, occasionally the server doesn't register it so you get a 50% dispersion penalty. I've seen it happen to myself, seen it happen on live streams etc. It doesn't happen often though, so it wouldn't explain a whole string of bad RNG. I bet they have absolutely no idea why it happens so they never officially admit it exists, doesn't happen often enough i guess.

You're not accidently shooting at an unselected target because it's near a selected target?

Edited by HorrorRoach

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
3,421 posts
2 hours ago, Sbane12 said:

Oh yay, this pathetic little crusade again. 

Members
565 posts
168 battles
43 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I believe you have miss the major point, I'll rephrase. It was a sudden change from good to very poor in a specific time period.

This is a video game, all the power comes from the code the game is running.

With the large number of secondary hits I get I do not believe I'm long range sniping.

All of the power does not come from the code unless the game is completely automated.

You were playing the game and not watching some bot play, correct?

If you were in secondary range and having issues it sounds like an extreme player error issue.

• Bad 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
3,421 posts
13 minutes ago, Sbane12 said:

All of the power does not come from the code unless the game is completely automated.

You were playing the game and not watching some bot play, correct?

If you were in secondary range and having issues it sounds like an extreme player error issue.

kgh52, whatever the issue is, pay no attention to the above troll -- it's some combination of looking to get a reaction out of you, and his delusion that BBs are unstopped hyperaccurate killing machines in this game.

[5BS]
Members
4,987 posts

IDK I've been noticing it in my Cruisers (hence why I made a topic on Saturday about this very thing) that I can get away with things that I couldn't  before. BB's seem to have taken a hit to accuracy and I know there's something wrong with their penetrations: shells hitting me that I know should be causing Cits are shattering/overpening, even on the Mino. Long range shells from USN BB's that usually wreck a Mino seem to be doing nothing, if they even hit. From almost any angle, it should more or less impossible for a USN 16" Shell to shatter/bounce on a Mino, and that's been happening with alarming frequency this weekend. And while *I* like it, cause I love playing the Mino/Cruisers in general, it's not how it should work at all. Right now the Moskva feels more usable than any actual BB.

Edited by _RC1138