You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
lungiwear

Rigged MM

23 comments in this topic

[BUOY]
Members
325 posts
3,494 battles

after watching the latest waterline series, I just cant think that the MM is rigged to a certain value.

In the waterline episode, they talk about the MM changes to tier 8 and how they wont be uptiered that often. In that conversation they mention that if a player is mostly uptiers when playing tier 8, then the MM takes into account the number of battles that player was uptiered and after a certain number that player is guaranteed to be top tier... so in a way they fixed tier 8 MM and not really fixed it. And they are so vague about this certain value, its as if they dont want people to get suspicious of what other settings MM has (I dont really play tier 8, I play only tier 10s now because who wants to be uptiered lol)

but that made me think what other adjustments or settings does the MM have. winning streaks, losing streaks, bad players, statistics, ship statistics, RNG values, potato protection etc etc... Many times I was on the bad team and we won i dont know how even when enemy team had multiple unicum players yet they lost. MM is rigged to a certain extent.

We need WG to come out and post an article on these specific values that the MM has, maybe the random MM after all is not that random after a certain point, it is rigged.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
167 posts
2,902 battles
44 minutes ago, lungiwear said:

after watching the latest waterline series, I just cant think that the MM is rigged to a certain value.

In the waterline episode, they talk about the MM changes to tier 8 and how they wont be uptiered that often. In that conversation they mention that if a player is mostly uptiers when playing tier 8, then the MM takes into account the number of battles that player was uptiered and after a certain number that player is guaranteed to be top tier... so in a way they fixed tier 8 MM and not really fixed it. And they are so vague about this certain value, its as if they dont want people to get suspicious of what other settings MM has (I dont really play tier 8, I play only tier 10s now because who wants to be uptiered lol)

but that made me think what other adjustments or settings does the MM have. winning streaks, losing streaks, bad players, statistics, ship statistics, RNG values, potato protection etc etc... Many times I was on the bad team and we won i dont know how even when enemy team had multiple unicum players yet they lost. MM is rigged to a certain extent.

We need WG to come out and post an article on these specific values that the MM has, maybe the random MM after all is not that random after a certain point, it is rigged.

Oh Man Neptune and Cupcake boy are coming for u. POST STATS or your observational opinion does not matter. 

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,468 posts
6,804 battles
47 minutes ago, lungiwear said:

(I dont really play tier 8, I play only tier 10s now because who wants to be uptiered lol)

This sums up the entire problem of T8. This is why the MM change was needed.

[PQUOD]
Members
448 posts
6,876 battles
58 minutes ago, lungiwear said:

(I dont really play tier 8, I play only tier 10s now because who wants to be uptiered lol)

If I get in a T10 match with a T8 I look at it as a glass half full opportunity. Just try to quickly decide how to work the match with what ever I brought. Usually my Benson. I just smoke, spot, try to use torps wisely, only shoot if I am hidden or when I have to.

I got my first T10 kill in my Benson. Made me extra proud.

[TDRB]
Members
1,322 posts
5,041 battles
37 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

If I get in a T10 match with a T8 I look at it as a glass half full opportunity. Just try to quickly decide how to work the match with what ever I brought. Usually my Benson. I just smoke, spot, try to use torps wisely, only shoot if I am hidden or when I have to.

I got my first T10 kill in my Benson. Made me extra proud.

If you get in a T10 match?????? It is so rare for my T8's not to be in a T10 match I stopped playing randoms for the time being.

• Cool 1

[H_]
Members
939 posts

Lets' see.  Since the update.  our clan fields a division most nights.  For the past several nights, we've had more than a dozen Tier 8 matches and were top tier once.  I gave up counting losses of those matches; I think we won three....  They weren't even close......they were stomps from minute 3 or so...  I'm tired of endless losses.  I do pretty well at Tier 8 but it sure would be nice to play with my peers occasionally.

So, if they fixed MM, I haven't seen anything that shows me they have?

Edited by Asym_KS
  • Cool 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,468 posts
6,804 battles
1 hour ago, steelers_rule_2018 said:

wth are you talking about. sums up what? it sucks or better?

Playing T10 all day, hence the T8s get uptiered against so many T10s. That ruined T8 MM.

[PQUOD]
Members
448 posts
6,876 battles
8 hours ago, kgh52 said:

If you get in a T10 match?????? It is so rare for my T8's not to be in a T10 match I stopped playing randoms for the time being.

Sometimes T9 matches

[INTEL]
Members
769 posts
8,341 battles
8 hours ago, FirestormMk3 said:

Here's the new tier 8 / MM is rigged thread.

1594240695_BSGrestarttheclock.gif.32fc997f1551dc254dc19c758db462eb.gif

I'm sure WG has ongoing internal conversations along the lines of, 'We'll never make them happy and the level of complaints we have about it will never go down.  Let's just accept it and not spend anymore time on this.'

Supertester, Alpha Tester
2,462 posts
4,759 battles
7 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

Playing T10 all day, hence the T8s get uptiered against so many T10s. That ruined T8 MM.

and in some ways there is the problem.  Playing T9/10 is so cheap that you can play all day.   The costs of playing those ships is extremely cheap and almost non-existant..  it's pretty much impossible to loose money.

When the rates for playing T10 were hammered down, then it meant anyone could play those tiers without issue..   before that, people were forced into lower tiers to make money to play t10's.  Therefore, more people at lower tiers, less issues with MM.

Now you get all those that just like top tier easy mode sucking up cannon fodder from lower tiers to make their dreams come true.

That's why, over the last year, I've been seeing more and more old timers playing tiers 4 through 7 to enjoy the game.

Members
19,030 posts
5,347 battles
10 hours ago, lungiwear said:

In the waterline episode, they talk about the MM changes to tier 8 and how they wont be uptiered that often. In that conversation they mention that if a player is mostly uptiers when playing tier 8, then the MM takes into account the number of battles that player was uptiered and after a certain number that player is guaranteed to be top tier... so in a way they fixed tier 8 MM and not really fixed it. And they are so vague about this certain value, its as if they dont want people to get suspicious of what other settings MM has....

No need to be suspicious, just read the patent, you'll see what other settings MM can have.

The one you described is the one people (mistakenly) refer to when trying to "prove" that WG is putting them on the "bad" team.

https://patents.google.com/patent/US8425330B1/en

Here you go. You don't need WG to post it, it's a matter of public record.

Edited by Skpstr

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,468 posts
6,804 battles
2 hours ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

and in some ways there is the problem.  Playing T9/10 is so cheap that you can play all day.   The costs of playing those ships is extremely cheap and almost non-existant..  it's pretty much impossible to loose money.

When the rates for playing T10 were hammered down, then it meant anyone could play those tiers without issue..   before that, people were forced into lower tiers to make money to play t10's.  Therefore, more people at lower tiers, less issues with MM.

Now you get all those that just like top tier easy mode sucking up cannon fodder from lower tiers to make their dreams come true.

That's why, over the last year, I've been seeing more and more old timers playing tiers 4 through 7 to enjoy the game.

Amen. This is 100% correct.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,968 posts
13,211 battles

Who else came here after reading the thread title, looking for a video showing how they melt in your hand, not in your mouth?

Edited by Soshi_Sone

[OO7]
[OO7]
Alpha Tester
6,988 posts
3,577 battles

Tier 8s in Tier 10 matches is the most overblown complaint in WoWs. Very few Tier 8 ships just flat out suck in Tier 10 matches.