Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Marsproject

It seems they don't want my money....

7 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts
162 battles

I honestly don't understand why.  I am trying to buy the Admirals Bounty for World of Warships and the two payment methods I use, Paypal and my card, don't seem to work.  Whenever I try my card I get a 'Payment Failed' message saying I should contact my bank or use a different card, which is weird since my card works for any other purchase I try to make and have made.  Paypal method just times out and gives me a payment error and that I should use another method.

Come on wargaming, I want to give you my money, why won't you let me?

• Bad 1

Members
1,035 posts
13,270 battles

Many of us have had problems with our bank cards the first time we've tried to use them for a WG purchase. It's your bank's fraud unit in action making sure you're not being ripped off by a bunch of foreign(Russian) hackers. Simply call them and tell them that you authorize this and all future purchases to this company.

• Cool 1

[NOBS]
Members
647 posts
6,704 battles
5 minutes ago, Marsproject said:

I honestly don't understand why.  I am trying to buy the Admirals Bounty for World of Warships and the two payment methods I use, Paypal and my card, don't seem to work.  Whenever I try my card I get a 'Payment Failed' message saying I should contact my bank or use a different card, which is weird since my card works for any other purchase I try to make and have made.  Paypal method just times out and gives me a payment error and that I should use another method.

Come on wargaming, I want to give you my money, why won't you let me?

Does it fail in game and on the website? I have had trouble in game, but the website always seems to work. 

• Bad 5

Members
2 posts
162 battles
15 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

Does it fail in game and on the website? I have had trouble in game, but the website always seems to work. 

Both.

Also if my bank had a problem with it they would have called me about it by now.

Edited by Marsproject

[FARQD]
Members
446 posts
6,708 battles
37 minutes ago, Marsproject said:

Both.

Also if my bank had a problem with it they would have called me about it by now.

Not sure how it works now, but previously my bank used to call me even if I spent a dollar on WG website. The transaction always failed anything above $100 and my bank told the system in place to prevent frauds declined as it was deemed to be a fraud transaction (involving a Russian/Cyprus bank). I took an alternative route of buying subway gift cards and redeeming them. But that was 7-8 months back as I dont buy anything from WG now. Try if that works out for you, but again Subway wont send the gift cards immediately at nights. 

Edited by sansfaille

[STURM]
Members
318 posts
3,131 battles
1 hour ago, Marsproject said:

Both.

Are you sure? It is/was Sunday, and when my bank had a problem with steam, they didn't bother contacting me, even on a Tuesday.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,154 posts
4,869 battles

I bought stuff with Paypal over the weekend and there were no issues. Refusing paypal is odd.

Sign in to follow this