Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Jester_of_War

I finally got the Cossack

11 comments in this topic

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,842 battles

I just got my 50th Guinea, and exchanged them all for the Cossack!

I'm pretty happy actually, because I thought I wasn't going to get it done today to be able to take advantage of the 50% off sale on Upgrades.

But Real Life ebbed and flowed to let me have some game time tonight and I got it done. I played 6 games with the Wyvern, Basilisk, Scylla and Leviathan signals to got all the credits I needed to complete the "A Warrior's Haul" mission and I am done.

The Cossack is mine. I got all the Upgrades, took her into a Co-op battle and finished top of team on the scoreboard. While surviving with literally just 27 HP left.

I need to take a nice long break from this game. At least until we dive into Clan Battles.

• Cool 1

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
359 posts
5,285 battles

While the Cossack is definitely an amazing ship, I really hope Wargaming doesn't drag events on for months like they have with this one.  Half the time I would finish the directives then just exit the game because it was getting tiring doing them week after week.

[WPP]
Members
620 posts
6,185 battles

First game in Co Op I did 153K damage and 164K in the second.  I am not a good player so I was really impressed without how brutal this thing is.  Best $.99 I've spent so far.

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
7,154 posts
4,869 battles
7 hours ago, Jester_of_War said:

I need to take a nice long break from this game.

I certainly needed to take a nice long break from doing anything at all stressful. Or so I thought, but then I got a premium Black Friday crate in a twitch stream raffle that gave me 14 days premium time. Can't waste that, can I? It didn't stop me from derping around in co-op last night, gently and derpily grinding out the Mutsuki's B hull and gun turrets.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,948 posts
9,842 battles

I’ve pretty much been playing normally, paying attention so I know when I need to play BBs to get the citadel missions done. At 48 right now. Will get it after the reset on Wednesday. 

[ARGSY]
Members
7,154 posts
4,869 battles
44 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

I’ve pretty much been playing normally, paying attention so I know when I need to play BBs to get the citadel missions done. At 48 right now. Will get it after the reset on Wednesday. 

May all your tasks be easy and the citadels flow like water. I tend to take the Konigsberg out into co-op for those, although I had one co-op game with the Furutaka post-buff in which they just fell into my open arms (after I'd got the requirement done of course, LOL).

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,948 posts
9,842 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

May all your tasks be easy and the citadels flow like water. I tend to take the Konigsberg out into co-op for those, although I had one co-op game with the Furutaka post-buff in which they just fell into my open arms (after I'd got the requirement done of course, LOL).

I triple citadel’d a Hindenburg in one salvo at the start of a game at long range in my Republique this weekend. Poor guy had only a few k left and quickly stealthed up. 

I was grinning like an idiot after that shot and apologized to the Hindenburg driver. 

[TIBN]
Beta Testers
53 posts
5,453 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I certainly needed to take a nice long break from doing anything at all stressful. Or so I thought, but then I got a premium Black Friday crate in a twitch stream raffle that gave me 14 days premium time. Can't waste that, can I? It didn't stop me from derping around in co-op last night, gently and derpily grinding out the Mutsuki's B hull and gun turrets.

Damn, I can relate. I bought 30 days prem with a bunch of doubloons a while back because they had a sale where you got a large amount of doubloons if you buy for 50$ USD. Figured, with 20k Doubloons, I can buy 4 prem T10 camos (at the time, had no T10s). Started grinding hard. Got the Moskva, more grinding. Earn a ton of Free XP and enough coal to buy a ship of each currency. About to close out my month of prem. WIN another 14 days from a SC. Sigh... ok, gotta keep grinding. Can't waste it!  FINALLY end my 45 days of premium last Tuesday. Just needed to get 4 more guineas to get the Cosssack... play play play.... oh! black Friday crate... mebbe ship? no... 24 hours of premium. FINE WARGAMING! I'll just kiss my Sunday goodbye! FINE! play play play.

Also, Cossack? Damn... I LIKE that boat. I don't even have concealment expert on my captain yet and I can deftly handle myself in T10 battles (and often top 3).

Also also, bought the Salem and the Musashi. To hell with the Alaska.

I need a break.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,154 posts
4,869 battles
3 minutes ago, Cereberus99 said:

I don't even have concealment expert on my captain yet and I can deftly handle myself in T10 battles

I have a seven-pointer moving up through the British DD ranks and I'm trying to decide what to do with points seven through ten when she finally works them up.

One side of me says Concealment Expert. The other says RPF.

7 minutes ago, Cereberus99 said:

Also also, bought the Salem

If she's still there when I get enough coal, I will probably do the same. Otherwise, JB.

7 minutes ago, Cereberus99 said:

and the Musashi.

The Jean Bart was a hundred Canadian dollars on release, which gives me an idea of how I should value Musashi. If there's a 35:1 conversion around Christmas time I'm going to pounce; I'd just like it to be as late as possible without being TOO late, so I can grind out more FXP and bring the conversion cost as far down as possible. If there isn't, I'll convert at the last possible minute and snap her up. At least they have given us a firm end-date, and there will be blood in the water (metaphorically speaking) if they pull her early.

5 minutes ago, Cereberus99 said:

To hell with the Alaska.

Amen. If I want to play a fast armoured cruiser with major-calibre guns, I have the Scharnhorst. The matchmaking is more pleasant, and I can make bank in co-op even on a standard account.

14 minutes ago, Cereberus99 said:

ok, gotta keep grinding. Can't waste it!

The current program, now that I have the Cossack and can let the remaining missions drop, is to play the Twilight captains for all the ECXP I can wring out of them until they go away, and my 19 pointer in Edinburgh and Cossack in between to advance the permanent campaigns. Hopefully they gift us a free re-spec soon, because I know now that I made a mistake when I assigned the last four points - which, to be fair, I did before I knew I could get a T8 premium UK destroyer for the cost of a choc-topped doughnut. :Smile_teethhappy: 

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
359 posts
5,285 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I have a seven-pointer moving up through the British DD ranks and I'm trying to decide what to do with points seven through ten when she finally works them up.

Concealment.  Without that on the RN DDs, they're sitting ducks that will get destroyed before they can even get close to the fighting.

[TIBN]
Beta Testers
53 posts
5,453 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You know... I didn't think of RPF. That would definitely be a boon to this type of boat. My worry is that with constant uptiering, the boat will need all the hiding it can get. But yeah... RPF... One at 10 points and the other at 14 for sure. God, this boat is refreshing. This weekend was extremely frustrating (winrate of around 38%!) so when it was getting too much for me, I'd play the Cossack as a palette cleanser.

Sign in to follow this