You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
_Rumple_

Unfair CV play

15 comments in this topic

[SIDE]
Members
1,324 posts
9,334 battles

Played a game in my Dreadnought; there were 4 CV's in the game. The Dreadnought has ZERO AA. How is this remotely fair? I watched one of their seal clubbing CV's just devastate every BB and cruiser that dared attack.

No doubt, some of you will say, stick together for protection, but when there is little to no AA available, this falls flat.

WG needs to tone down CV seal clubbing at lower tiers where these players take advantage of other players with zero to little AA. There is no fairness. Limit the games to no more than 2 CV's or give the lower tier ships a fighting chance and add some AA.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[USFTW]
Members
196 posts
1,997 battles
22 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

Played a game in my Dreadnought; there were 4 CV's in the game. The Dreadnought has ZERO AA. How is this remotely fair? I watched one of their seal clubbing CV's just devastate every BB and cruiser that dared attack.

No doubt, some of you will say, stick together for protection, but when there is little to no AA available, this falls flat.

WG needs to tone down CV seal clubbing at lower tiers where these players take advantage of other players with zero to little AA. There is no fairness. Limit the games to no more than 2 CV's or give the lower tier ships a fighting chance and add some AA.

This is one of many reasons we have a total CV rework on the way right now.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SAA]
Members
915 posts
28,031 battles

It's a surface warfare game, CV's shouldn't have been introduced to it.  Go ahead and disagree and come up with your [edited] excuses on why they should be here, but we all know that having a unit in the game that can do damage with impunity makes the game suck at times.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 3

Members
508 posts
12,799 battles

I have repeatedly said that I don't like the AA layout at low tiers. Most of the ships modeled at low tier are from an era before the airplane or when the airplane was a slow, lumbering land locked entity. CVs didn't become a real threat until the 1930s. If you had ships in your navy from before that era you would slap on AA wherever you found deck space if you sent that relic to a forward area where airplanes might be an issue.

Wargaming should ignore the historic AA values on tech tree ships and give them SOMETHING. I am not asking for a 99 rating, but a little something that will knock down a plane or 2.

Members
1,546 posts
506 battles

I BOUGHT A PREMIUM SHIP AND WAS KILLED BY ANOTHER SHIP>>>> THIS IS NOT FAIR...

thats all I got from this post

CV at low tiers is tough.... but it is not as bad as this thread is trying to make it...BBs should not be alone, at ANY tier...

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,600 posts
10,062 battles

A Chappy sunk my Massachusetts after I put 48 FORTY EIGHT shells into it...  It just kept coming,  total oblivious I was even shooting at it..  And torped me at point-blank range.

Whatever..  It's a premium ship so it won't lose credits. 

Switched over to low tier DDs and clubbed away the pain.

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,324 posts
9,334 battles
1 hour ago, neptunes_wrath said:

I BOUGHT A PREMIUM SHIP AND WAS KILLED BY ANOTHER SHIP>>>> THIS IS NOT FAIR...

thats all I got from this post

CV at low tiers is tough.... but it is not as bad as this thread is trying to make it...BBs should not be alone, at ANY tier...

Any ship with zero to little AA has no chance against any CV at this tier, regardless whether premium or not.

Members
2,589 posts
5,595 battles
4 hours ago, _Rumple_ said:

I always thought it would be nice to have as MM selection Option before going into battle for certain condition you would like. Like NO CV's or NO SUBS, Tier spreads to limit or expand from your own tier. Like stay within one tier up/down or all the way as in "Just throw me into ANY Tier game - I don't care"   LOL!   Of course that means a X tier ship cannot play a Tier 1 game...!!  You can only UP TIER not down Tier otherwise it may be a slaugherfeast! 

[SIDE]
Members
1,324 posts
9,334 battles

Can't wait for a re-work; got one shotted(AP bombs ftw) by a Midway in my Moskva after watching that same carrier one shot a Des Moines. At least the Des Moines managed to kill 2 planes.

[SIDE]
Members
30 posts
6,699 battles

I too was one-shotted by Midway dive bombers in a Des Moines. CVs just need to be removed. There is no fairness when you pay for camos and flags and Boom!, you're out of the battle in one pass. They're a total exploit.

Edited by ClayMoore_TPF

Members
2,165 posts
3,365 battles

And if the OP had been deleted by a DD instead he'd be complaining that DDs are OP vs BBs.

Get some WASD hax and stop YOLOing, otherwise you're still going to get slapped around *after* the CV rework.

• Bad 1

[SIDE]
Members
1,324 posts
9,334 battles
7 hours ago, Harathan said:

And if the OP had been deleted by a DD instead he'd be complaining that DDs are OP vs BBs.

Get some WASD hax and stop YOLOing, otherwise you're still going to get slapped around *after* the CV rework.

I am not a new player, I know how to maneuver. At the time, In Dreadnought, I was not yoloing. None of your so-called insights explains how having zero AA is fair when there are four carriers in the game. Next time, think of a more cogent argument.

Edit--nvm, I see the reasoning behind your comment. Average tier of five, and 3 CV's in your top ten ships played...another sore CV player who likes the status quo where they can cause dmg with impunity.

Edited by _Rumple_

Members
2,165 posts
3,365 battles
1 hour ago, _Rumple_ said:

I am not a new player, I know how to maneuver. At the time, In Dreadnought, I was not yoloing. None of your so-called insights explains how having zero AA is fair when there are four carriers in the game. Next time, think of a more cogent argument.

Edit--nvm, I see the reasoning behind your comment. Average tier of five, and 3 CV's in your top ten ships played...another sore CV player who likes the status quo where they can cause dmg with impunity.

Hooray, here comes the stats warrior folks. Can't have an opinion on the game if you don't meet whatever criteria he's arbitrarily picked in his head. And you didn't even do it well; I play BBs more often than I play CVs, and DDs more often than both, and my average tier puts me in exactly the spot you're busy whining about.

Dreadnought is T3, so worst case you were up against T4 CVs unless you were in a fail division. T4 CVs have 1 attack squadron of each type. Unless the CVs were magically coordinating their drops so they were cross dropping on the same targets, you're basically trying to claim that your entire team fell victim to 4 plane squadrons randomly attacking them. It doesn't stand up to scrutiny.

Edited by Harathan