You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
LAnybody

Issue with Icarus torps....

2 comments in this topic

[BIER]
Members
139 posts
2,205 battles

OK, so I just got out of a match in my Icarus.

I managed to torp a full-strength (100% health, 12,100 hp - B hull, no SE) Icarus with one salvo.  One torp hit broadside midsection, one slightly bow of that.

Yet, I didn't kill him. In fact, I only did 10992 damage.  That's with the upgraded Mk VII torps which have a base 15733 damage.

wth?  Not only is that barely 2/3rds the proper damage from a torp (given Icarus has ZERO torp protection), I thought they removed the ability of DDs to tank multiple torp shots via damage saturation? There's no way that 2 torps to the middle should not kill ANY DD.

That's gotta be a bug. There's no way that should have happened - either one torp midsection should absolutely have killed that DD, or the two combination should have.

Unfortunately, I don't have a replay. :-(

[USFTW]
Members
196 posts
1,997 battles
1 hour ago, LAnybody said:

OK, so I just got out of a match in my Icarus.

I managed to torp a full-strength (100% health, 12,100 hp - B hull, no SE) Icarus with one salvo.  One torp hit broadside midsection, one slightly bow of that.

Yet, I didn't kill him. In fact, I only did 10992 damage.  That's with the upgraded Mk VII torps which have a base 15733 damage.

wth?  Not only is that barely 2/3rds the proper damage from a torp (given Icarus has ZERO torp protection), I thought they removed the ability of DDs to tank multiple torp shots via damage saturation? There's no way that 2 torps to the middle should not kill ANY DD.

That's gotta be a bug. There's no way that should have happened - either one torp midsection should absolutely have killed that DD, or the two combination should have.

Unfortunately, I don't have a replay. :-(

Possible you just got awful damage rolls. But some kind of damage saturation is much more likely.