Jack_BNimble

Can't Go Fullscreen after Most Recent Update

6 comments in this topic

Members
3 posts
299 battles

After updating to the most recent versions of Windows 10 and Nvidia graphics driver (Version 416.94), I've been running into this issue where every time I start up WoWS and WoT, it will not go to fullscreen. I've tried changing the graphic settings in-game but the game still only displays in windowed mode.

Has anyone else been experiencing this issue. Is there a way to fix it or will I have to wait for a patch from Wargaming? Any help is greatly appreciated thank you!

[WOLF9]
[WOLF9]
Members
167 posts
3,887 battles

FYI, after the last Wows update I had to reconfigure my in game graphics settings.  I finally got it back to where it needed to be.  It seemed to be something with the game update not my Win 10 update.  Sorry I can't be more specific but it definitely happened after the last game update.

Community Department
2,208 posts
542 battles
21 hours ago, Jack_BNimble said:

After updating to the most recent versions of Windows 10 and Nvidia graphics driver (Version 416.94), I've been running into this issue where every time I start up WoWS and WoT, it will not go to fullscreen. I've tried changing the graphic settings in-game but the game still only displays in windowed mode.

Has anyone else been experiencing this issue. Is there a way to fix it or will I have to wait for a patch from Wargaming? Any help is greatly appreciated thank you!

Did you try to delete preferences.xml file in the game folder? It will be recreated with the next game launch. Plus you'll need to chech all settings, but still in most cases this may help to fix issues with settings.

Members
3 posts
299 battles

I deleted the preferences.xml file and it did launch to full screen but only at 1200x800 resolution. When I went into setting to reconfigure the display, it kept reverting to 1920x1080 windowed mode no matter which fullscreen resolution I chose. This is quite frustrating but I do appreciate the input received so far.

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
572 posts
9,037 battles

Try installing/updating the monitor driver. It isn't really a driver (more of an INF file), but it tells Windows and the video card what it is capable of. Some won't work properly when detected and using the built in Windows "generic PnP" driver.