Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sparviero

Duca d'Aosta and scenarios.

6 comments in this topic

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
875 posts
63 battles

I constantly see people say this ship is not one for scenarios. This is Killer Whale with a 10 point captain not using IFHE and no battleships or carriers on the human team. D'Aosta may not be the most efficient ship however you can rake in the scenario xp with ease. Just for the next time someone searches for this. :Smile-_tongue:

MeBUURm.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,689 posts
17,952 battles

Accurate, fast-ish guns, if you can hide in DD smoke or otherwise avoid getting focused, great for zoting the anklebiter trashbotes that infest the Op.

Hmm... Maybe I should have a go at it with my Donski-lite, (Molotov.)

• Cool 1

Members
432 posts
5,475 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Accurate, fast-ish guns, if you can hide in DD smoke or otherwise avoid getting focused, great for zoting the anklebiter trashbotes that infest the Op.

Hmm... Maybe I should have a go at it with my Donski-lite, (Molotov.)

Molotov will be citadeled from every angle.

Duca is infinitely better for scenarios. Trust me, I've tried to make Molotov work.

[RLGN]
Members
8,689 posts
17,952 battles
1 hour ago, The_Painted_Target said:

Molotov will be citadeled from every angle.

Duca is infinitely better for scenarios. Trust me, I've tried to make Molotov work.

Four games so far; done pretty good...

...if it wasn’t for the usual haxor level bot programming cheats, and moronic idiots who apparently aren’t even trying to win.

Played Molotov in Raptor (CV version,) and  even 5* it.

[CVA16]
Members
2,466 posts
10,153 battles

Some ships are more suited to scenarios than others influenced by what scenario it is (does it have aircraft for example). Sub-optimal ships can be made to work in Scenarios. The player just has to be better than average with the ship and work harder. The Duca isn't THAT sub-optimal for most scenarios so should be OK with a decent player. Not having a potato team is the biggest factor.

Case in point, for most scenarios, DDs are VERY suboptimal. Most players will be hurting their teams chances by bringing one. If you are really good in DDs, (like say, Lightninger) you can not just be an asset to your team,  you can even do  very well. Have to make an honest appraisal of your abilities in a class or a specific ship. 

Edited by Sabot_100
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this