You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
3r22r

Excessive service fees?

15 comments in this topic

[WWSB]
Members
60 posts
1,523 battles

Played my first game on Massachusetts B last, got a few hits, was not hit myself much, did not use repair or any consumables, completed the mission in CO-OP, I ended up with MINUS 7000 credits

No fee camo, did not put anything extra except 1 plag.

Can anyone explain what the hell happened? Or something I did wrong?

Had to play Blackswan to make up the numbers.

Members
1,139 posts
6,417 battles

You didn't do enough damage to break even, that's all. Happens all the time with higher tier ships in Co-Op if you don't play well.

[USCC2]
Members
3,819 posts
11 minutes ago, 3r22r said:

Played my first game on Massachusetts B last, got a few hits, was not hit myself much, did not use repair or any consumables, completed the mission in CO-OP, I ended up with MINUS 7000 credits

CoOp Tier 8 you need a good game to earn, Tier IX a very good game. Every other tier will make money.

[WWSB]
Members
60 posts
1,523 battles

Thought I had a so-so game but it was very short game I think I scored around 49 000 credits so I dont understand why that's all.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,640 posts
13,211 battles
50 minutes ago, 3r22r said:

The higher the tier, the more expensive the ship is to run. This is to - ehm - 'encourage' the sales of premium time, premium ships and doubloons, which is how WG keeps the lights on. WoWS is free to play, but not free to develop. In fact, developing, animating, texturing, rigging, balancing and testing even a single ship takes easily more than half a year and is very expensive. Plus, WG is a for-profit company.

Premium ships like your Huanghe and your Massachusetts Black earn more credits and cost less to service than tech tree ships of the same tier, but you still have to achieve a base line performance to break even in them.

Also, coop has much lower credit and XP rewards than PvP / randoms, so breaking even in high tier is more difficult in coop than in randoms, given the same base line performance.

You are a very new player and haven't reached a higher tech tree ship than tier 2. I would very strongly recommend just making your way up the tech trees and learning the game before plunging in to high tier matches. This game isn't a race to tier 10, the higher the tier you play the more cutthroat and experienced the opposition and the more expensive the ships.

You asked if there is something you did wrong. I wouldn't say it's 'wrong' per se to buy a high tier ship and support the game and Massachusetts Black is a very good ship, just know what you're getting in to plunging into an olympic swimming pool against highly experienced players when you yourself are still very new and getting used to the basics of game play.

• Cool 2

[WWSB]
Members
60 posts
1,523 battles

I knew that BEFORE I spend $50.00 CAN on Massachusetts Black

I admit that I am not that good yet

I'm 58 and not a gamer, I was not born with a keyboard in my hands like younger people

That game asks for multi tasking and people need more than one set of eyes because so much is happening all at the same time.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,788 posts
5,374 battles

You will get there we all struggled at the beginning and the games economics is hard to understand at first. 

[WTFAW]
Members
67 posts
10,449 battles

I'm 63 in the same boat as you, I play a bit below average but still having a blast. You did the something I did, I bought Prinz Eugen when I was a low tier player, promptly got wacked, lost money and thought WTH. Parked the boat and waited until I reached tier 8 before playing it and did fine. 

It is difficult, not impossible to make money, ie credits, XP free XP with a free account at high tiers. I buy premium ships, and premium time, I don't go crazy, I kinda call it my entertainment budget, a pizza and a couple of beers cost more per month than I spend on the game. As apposed to some people I don't mind giving some money to the developers, it a great game and I'd like it to stay around.

Lert gave good advise, he collaborates with Little White Mouse on ship reviews, a must read before buying any ship. Also watch videos from Notster, Ichase, and Jingles and yes even Flamu, they help.   

One last thought, with a free account the game is rigged to lose money, this is to force you to play lower tiers to pay for the higher.

• Cool 1

[HARU]
Members
72 posts
1,492 battles

If you buy consumables they are used up in the battle whether you make use of them or not. In co-op consumables are not really needed so you can save a lot of credits by not mounting them.

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,145 posts
13,521 battles

@3r22r 58 ah a youngster! 66 here. That's the shock one gets jumping to a high tier ship early on. 553 battles is barely out of tier 1 that by the way cost nothing to but time to make a good positive credit balance. When just a few mediocre and bad tier 8 results will eat that balance up. Play those lower tier lower cost battles well and the higher tiers sparingly until you can afford the losses attempting to get a good pay off win. Premium time helps also.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,317 posts
9,621 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

The higher the tier, the more expensive the ship is to run. This is to - ehm - 'encourage' the sales of premium time, premium ships and doubloons, which is how WG keeps the lights on. WoWS is free to play, but not free to develop. In fact, developing, animating, texturing, rigging, balancing and testing even a single ship takes easily more than half a year and is very expensive. Plus, WG is a for-profit company.

Premium ships like your Huanghe and your Massachusetts Black earn more credits and cost less to service than tech tree ships of the same tier, but you still have to achieve a base line performance to break even in them.

Also, coop has much lower credit and XP rewards than PvP / randoms, so breaking even in high tier is more difficult in coop than in randoms, given the same base line performance.

You are a very new player and haven't reached a higher tech tree ship than tier 2. I would very strongly recommend just making your way up the tech trees and learning the game before plunging in to high tier matches. This game isn't a race to tier 10, the higher the tier you play the more cutthroat and experienced the opposition and the more expensive the ships.

You asked if there is something you did wrong. I wouldn't say it's 'wrong' per se to buy a high tier ship and support the game and Massachusetts Black is a very good ship, just know what you're getting in to plunging into an olympic swimming pool against highly experienced players when you yourself are still very new and getting used to the basics of game play.

The cat is smart but something he didn't touch on was to do well in co-op you have to be hyper aggressive or you will not do particularly well in experience or credits.

Members
2,584 posts
5,591 battles

Young Whipper Snappers...I must be KING of the HILL...(age wise) at least for now...70 and 71 this Feb.  LOL!    yeah..finally bought the Biszmark and I tell you I was in the NEGATIVE and has some NEGATIVE thoughts not printable here LOL!!   had to park her for a while as it was NOT ready for that level a while back ago.  Most of the time to earn back what I lost I will use my Dresden with 16 point captain and go for the slaughter in Random. AND use Premium time a day at a time if I remember to do that B4 battle... 

[WOLF7]
Members
10,359 posts
3 hours ago, 3r22r said:

Higher tiers cost more. You have to play better to break even. Buying a tier 8 with 550 games is certainly your choice, but you're going to find the skill level of the bots far harder at tier 8. 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,640 posts
13,211 battles
51 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The cat is smart but something he didn't touch on was to do well in co-op you have to be hyper aggressive or you will not do particularly well in experience or credits.

Good point.