You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
BlailBlerg

Musashi or Jean Bart?

16 comments in this topic

[FAE]
Members
2,241 posts
2,770 battles

Which is more consistently fun? Which one has more plays?

Is the down tiered ho ho ho power of the Yamato guns just too good to pass up? 

JB frankly also seems to have wayyy too many strengths lol, including exceptional pen and accuracy??

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,442 posts
4,041 battles

depends on your playstyle. Musashi needs to leverage overmatch and sit about 15km away from targets bow in. JB really needs to push flanks with speed boost, and get around. You cant overmatch a list of cruisers so you really do need to position well and get the flanking shots in.

either way you will need to position well. it mainly comes down to if you want to support a flank, or lead one.

I would go as far to say they are both overpowered. musashi in particular as a bottom tier ship that can effectively ruin t10 BBs, or force them to play differently, is a value to a team.

please do not buy a musashi and shoot at t7 BBs...if you wanted to shoot at t7 BBs, you throw away every advantage your ship has, literally an Amagi would be better at shooting a t7 BB (they both overmatch). Musashi needs to walk up to the biggest ugliest ship in the MM and punch them square in the face, no questions asked. Otherwise youre wasting your ships potential.

• Cool 4

[KAPPA]
Members
358 posts
4,642 battles

I have little experience with them, but while I've been turkying, I've found how nice Musashi's special spotting plane is. It comes off cooldown in only 2 minutes, and lasts 2 minutes, allowing you to be the most terrifying thing to shoot over islands. I also haven't noticed taking any sigificant chunks of damage due to not bow tanking so long as I actually keep her cit's shape in mind and make sure to angle accordingly. I'd actually call her a more fun Yamato.

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,442 posts
4,041 battles
3 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

I have little experience with them, but while I've been turkying, I've found how nice Musashi's special spotting plane is. It comes off cooldown in only 2 minutes, and lasts 2 minutes, allowing you to be the most terrifying thing to shoot over islands. I also haven't noticed taking any sigificant chunks of damage due to not bow tanking so long as I actually keep her cit's shape in mind and make sure to angle accordingly. I'd actually call her a more fun Yamato.

if you played an IS6 in WOT the shape should be a familiar. angle it off ever so slightly for the best results! (assuming youre being shot at by another musashi or yammy)

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
10,113 posts
4,429 battles

I've only had one co-op fight in the Moosashi so I dunno yet. Also don't own the JB. My initial feels on the first are guarded, especially just spending a third of the free XP I had.

[PTRGT]
Members
99 posts
23,464 battles

Musashi is being removed in about 2 months so I'd grab it while you can. They did the same to the Missouri about this time last year and its only available in random super containers now.

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,340 posts
10,981 battles

Do you have the Yammy?  If so go for the JB (also has insane AA and can protect itself from CVs) otherwise you can go Mushi.

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
1,903 posts
19,312 battles

I have both but so far have not tried them out yet

Beta Testers
929 posts
4,013 battles

I personally REALLY do not care for my Musashi. Before I spent the 750k fxp on it, I did what I thought was a lot of research on her drawbacks. The decreased sigma was mentioned, but my god, I was not expecting this ship to shotgun as much as it does. It is one of the few ships where I can say that it feels like you're literally rolling dice everytime you pull the trigger. And that just doesn't feel very fun or rewarding. Maybe the target audience is newer people or just people who never really mastered the aim in this game, because when the dice DO decide to go your way, the results are... well... impact...full if you catch my drift.

Based on my experience with her though, I just can not recommend her. The amount of RNG, coupled with complete lack of AA(which will hurt her A LOT when the CV rework decides to come around), just make her punishing to play.

And as for the JB, she looks quite good. I liked the Richelieu the most out of the entire French BB line, and this one seems like one on crack! Haven't played the JB yet, but she is also unique in the fact that it is the only T9 premium to be sold for $$$ so far. AA is really good for a BB as well, so that gives you a bit of future-proofing. If I had the option, I would pick up the JB over the Musashi.

Edited by BattlecruiserOperational

[SVF]
Members
988 posts
1,362 battles
1 hour ago, GrimmeReaper said:

If so go for the JB (also has insane AA and can protect itself from CVs)

For now, at least.  If the post-rework AA changes go through as is, all of Jean Bart's AA is of the avoidable flak cloud type and therefore loses much of its current strength.

Members
3,481 posts
8,660 battles

In The Warships Podcast Episode 109: Black Friday with ViirtualSenpai and NoZoupForYou they all wonder out loud in puzzlement about why the player base so widely believes JB is a particularly solid, must-buy BB. I agree with them. 

// I also need another BB and on that note I'll say T9 and 10 premium and reward DDs are overdue. I hope that Neustrashimy will lead a new trend. 

[WOLFB]
Members
647 posts
23,310 battles

I have both and play both. The JB is a great boat with reload booster it eats CA's. It's far more than a Richy (which I also have) but for me JB is the most fun.

Mushi just like the Yamato burns fast. And in tier 10 battles JB can hold it's own.

Members
1,724 posts
7,424 battles

I believe that Musashi is similar to Kutuzov in how people treat the ship.  I always had an opinion that Kutuzov is one of the best ships in class at its tier, but before it was made unavailable bunch of people argued that some of the other premiums were better.  Same with Musashi, I always thought it’s one of the most blatantly overpowered ships in its class and tier, but there are many people that think some of the other ships are better.  Just wait and see what people will say once Musashi becomes unavailable.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,315 posts
9,621 battles
4 hours ago, DeathsStalker said:

Musashi is being removed in about 2 months so I'd grab it while you can. They did the same to the Missouri about this time last year and its only available in random super containers now.

I don't think the Musashi or the Kronshtadt are going to get the Missouri treatment.

On the OP if you like the Richelieu you will like the Jean Bart and if you like the Yamato you will like the Musashi. If you like both the Jean Bart will be around for some time so I would grab the Musashi.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
572 posts
1,195 battles
1 hour ago, landcollector said:

For now, at least.  If the post-rework AA changes go through as is, all of Jean Bart's AA is of the avoidable flak cloud type and therefore loses much of its current strength.

Unless they buffed it recently, the short range AA was barely noticeable per Notser, so the flak cloud still produced the best results if they bloomed close enough to be unavoidable.