You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
U12MONKEYS

BLACK FRIDAY BLACK SHIPS

33 comments in this topic

[TCAN]
Members
26 posts
2,319 battles

OK! I got the 4 ships of the Black Fleet, however, the only ship that I can get the 'gold rush' is on the one (standard) ship that I already had (Asashio). What's the point of the Gold Rush if you don't already own the original ship? Booourns!

• Bad 1

Members
2 posts
2,292 battles

they're bait and switch, it's in the fine print at the bottom part of the description of the sale. I thought it was a bug, but apparently nope, they want you to buy multiple versions of the same ship by offering you a mission for the old one. Debating on doing a chargeback even though I know my account will get banned for it, I've been into WG games since 2014 and don't know why they seem to try and kill their customers trust with this kind of thing. inb4 all the fanbois tell you to read the fine print. It's still a cheap trick and shame on you WG.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 5

Members
159 posts
2,021 battles

The point of the good rush is to give a little reward or incentive to people who already own the normal ships, encouraging them to buy the loot boxes or ship bundles even if they already have them because they can get some extra gold. The Black Friday ships are already discounted and have a seemingly reasonable drop rate, so for most people the gold rush would just be a little extra gravy on top if they have the ship to complete the mission.

• Cool 4

[SC]
[SC]
Members
56 posts
7,747 battles

So hey....

I just got the Trips  B....from a black box. I don't have the perma black camo. I do have a mission line for the ship BUT....when I play the ship, it does not register on the missions. Ie.....play a battle and get 250 doubs...I play a battle and got no doubs......

It's Gold Rush on Tirps.......play any battle and get 250 doubs......10 set of missions. I played in my Tirps B .....and I did not get they 250 doubs....or any credit towards the missions even though I'm playing in a Tirps B

Plus...I don't have the perma black camo

Does anyone know what's up with that ??

Edited by Renuz

[WPP]
Members
622 posts
6,231 battles
6 minutes ago, Renuz said:

So hey....

I just got the Trips  B....from a black box. I don't have the perma black camo. I do have a mission line for the ship BUT....when I play the ship, it does not register on the missions. Ie.....play a battle and get 250 doubs...I play a battle and got no doubs......

It's Gold Rush on Tirps.......play any battle and get 250 doubs......10 set of missions. I played in my Tirps B .....and I did not get they 250 doubs....or any credit towards the missions even though I'm playing in a Tirps B

Plus...I don't have the perma black camo

Does anyone know what's up with that ??

The idea is that people can get the Black ships and not feel bad about getting a duplicate - the normal ships and black ships are the same, but technically they are not since they have different names.

So, you got the Tirp B.  Cool?  But you don’t need compensation because you don’t have the Tirp.  Right?  So that mission you unlocked is NOT for the Tirp B.  It’s for the Tirp.  If you don’t own it it’s not for you.

• Cool 2

[SC]
[SC]
Members
56 posts
7,747 battles

I see.....thx for the response...

What about the black perma camo tho?

Tirps B .....B is for black ..I thought

[KNTI2]
[KNTI2]
Members
180 posts
8,766 battles

I must be one of the few who understood the Gold Rush mission for buying a Black ship. I already knew I was going to be a sucker when I purchased Black Massachusetts but I personally don't like the camo on the original (I was hoping for the Alabama blue camo). I wish these Black camos are sold as camo so it would be cheaper instead of a separate ship but I do appreciate that they willing to compensate with the Gold Rush mission for owners who have the original which is why I pulled the trigger on the Black Massachusetts.

[4HIM]
Members
1,955 posts
4,780 battles

I got the Black Mass on a whim.  Almost bought the regular Mass with the 30% off coupon but decided on the Prinz Eugen instead.  But it was a coin toss between the PE and Mass.  The Mass B is about the same price as the regular one with the coupon.  I did see that mission on the sales page and wondered what it was.  If it was something like "Get a Kraken in five consecutive games while playing a Marblehead" I'd have known I couldn't do it.  But the discounted price plus 2500 dubs is a 'too good to be true' thing.  But I've heard a lot of people say it's a fun bote to play so I sprung for it.  Haven't had a chance to play it yet though.  

Not a huge fan of the all black camo.  Hopefully in the future they'll have an alternate for it.  Right now it just looks like a black blob shaped like a BB.  But as others have said, it's not a good ship for competitive play.  But a secondary build can make a good lulzbote.  And from my limited experience playing it, the secondaries on the Bama are pretty good.  One time I had one of those "Get XX hits with secondary batteries" tasks.  Played back to back battles with Torpitz and Bama.  Got more hits with the Bama.  So if the Mass has even better secondary suite, it should be good for some secondary fun.  

I do think the sale page on the store for the black ships is slightly bait-and-switch-ish.  Not overtly so.  I mean, the info is there if you care to look.  I did, but it wasn't a deal breaker given the reduced price of the ship.  I think those that expected to get this ship plus 2500 dubs are impulse buyer types and didn't look into the conditions before buying.  But this is entertainment money and not an investment.  Over my remaining time in WoWS, I'll probably get decent entertainment value out of it.  

[HINON]
Supertester
19,654 posts
13,211 battles
4 hours ago, Renuz said:

I see.....thx for the response...

What about the black perma camo tho?

Tirps B .....B is for black ..I thought

Check your filters in port.

[KRON]
Members
2 posts
282 battles

Very disappointed with the bait and switch in this.  I know compared to the $120.00 10,000 gold isn't that much but it was a nice little push.  As a newcomer it makes me wonder how much more insidious and duplicious the offerings are for the other transactions.  I figured for $120 they may as well throw in the gold.  Plus I had the buy commanders for the rented ships that suddenly showed up in my inventory (Yamoto, Hindenburg, and Gearing)?  That's like insult to even worse injury!

I know there is a lot of salt in the Mediterranean Sea around Cyprus where the Wargaming HQ is but I am feeling they imported a bunch to my house.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,654 posts
13,211 battles
14 minutes ago, LtDanner said:

Very disappointed with the bait and switch in this.

All the information was given up front, including the fact that the doubloon missions were only for the original ships, not the black ones. These doubloon missions are a compensation for people who have the original ships, as a 'thank you' for buying the same ship again basically.

I'll admit they could've done a better job making that information visible, but it was there. And all over the forums.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

[SIDE]
Members
1,324 posts
9,334 battles
13 minutes ago, LtDanner said:

Very disappointed with the bait and switch in this.  I know compared to the $120.00 10,000 gold isn't that much but it was a nice little push.  As a newcomer it makes me wonder how much more insidious and duplicious the offerings are for the other transactions.  I figured for $120 they may as well throw in the gold.  Plus I had the buy commanders for the rented ships that suddenly showed up in my inventory (Yamoto, Hindenburg, and Gearing)?  That's like insult to even worse injury!

I know there is a lot of salt in the Mediterranean Sea around Cyprus where the Wargaming HQ is but I am feeling they imported a bunch to my house.

If you had taken the time to carefully read the text, it explains it reasonably well. It could of been better worded, but there is no duplicity on WG's part; it's just poorly worded, which is pretty typical. They really need to hire someone to edit the information they present, so there can be no doubt.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

[PIZZA]
[PIZZA]
Members
185 posts
3,896 battles

I have a Magnu-S for Tirpitz, but do not own the ship yet.  Really bummed to find out I will have to buy two ships if I want to use my it and own the Black one.  They could have sold the black as camos. 

Edited by 0NutsNBolts0

[WOLFB]
Members
2,788 posts
5,374 battles

Stop calling it a bait and switch. Because it is not you should read everything you can about something before you buy it.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[WOLF8]
Members
358 posts
6,630 battles

I’m an attorney.  If it’s not a bait and switch, it’s surely deceptive marketing.  WG’s revenue must be slowing.  They didn’t do underhanded things like this in the past.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

Members
3,709 posts
6,418 battles
6 hours ago, Zekran said:

Debating on doing a chargeback even though I know my account will get banned for it,

It won't...

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
1,032 posts
6,441 battles
53 minutes ago, MikeLWX said:

I’m an attorney.  If it’s not a bait and switch, it’s surely deceptive marketing.  WG’s revenue must be slowing.  They didn’t do underhanded things like this in the past.

i have this bad feeling that their failing games are dragging the whole company down, war planes and total war. too proud, don't want the embarrassment of selling them off. it reeks of inefficiency. The great games should get the lionshare of resources, like hardcore game development programmers. warships clearly lacks programmers. it's all fluff... too many artists, art directors, dancing chicks etc.

[WOLFA]
Members
30 posts
9,166 battles

I did not realize I needed an attorney just to buy a ship from WOW turns out I was wrong. I have been watching for a sale on a few ships I been wanting, and so pops up the Black edition ships. I see the asashio on sale with in big writing with 2500 hundred gold available for mission. Then after playing 3 games and no gold increase I say wth go online and read the fine print Bleep Bleep bait and switch tricky advertisement, so I have to complete these missions in another ship the original which of course I don't have. I thought I could get the lame thing on sale as its not that good of a ship anyway. 

Shame on you WOW you again deceptively word something this time taking my money ENOUGH!!  This is the last straw with this lame shady tactics. Did you really for one second not think people would not get the advertisement confused on the Doubloons deal the way it is put online. I think I probably not the only one bit in this bad deal I did not realize you would use bait and switch tactics. Is WOW really bleeding this bad to resort to this? 

[LOU1]
Members
3,174 posts
8,432 battles
6 hours ago, MikeLWX said:

How is it deceptive?  It is highlighted on the main announcement page and stated in the first paragraph of each ship sale page?:

"Please note: Massachusetts B is a separate ship. If you already have the standard Massachusetts in your collection, you can use her to complete a special Combat Mission after purchasing the bundle. Conditions: simply enter battle on Massachusetts to claim 250 doubloons. The mission can be obtained only once per account and completed 10 times until January 31."

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/8904/

"Please note: Tirpitz B is a unique ship. If you already have the standard Tirpitz in your collection, you can use her to complete a special Combat Mission after purchasing the bundle. Conditions: simply enter battle on Tirpitz to claim 250 doubloons. The mission can be obtained only once per account and completed 10 times until January 31."

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/8900/

"Please note that after you purchase bundles with black ships, these missions can only be completed on standard Tirpitz, Asashio, Atago, and Massachusetts ships."

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/black-friday/

[HINON]
Supertester
19,654 posts
13,211 battles
20 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

How is it deceptive?

Most I can figure is that you can go right to the purchase screen for a bundle from the store main screen, and thus skip the contents list with the clarification that the missions are for the regular ships alone, not their Black variants. That's - well - questionable, at the very least.

r6dq9xA.jpg

Mouse-over a bundle, and a bright orange 'purchase' button appears that takes you straight to the checkout screen, skipping the full contents screen for the bundle. As such people can buy a bundle without the clarification ever appearing on screen.

<Edit>

Even on the checkout screen the information is not very clear:

YW1W8YS.jpg

Yes, if you know that the mission is for the regular Mass only and not for the Blassachusetts it's very clear, but if you're al excited about your new purchase and read through the description only briefly with your mind distracted, it's not clear at all. Maybe if it had said "Combat Mission for 2,500 doubloons on regular Massachusetts, if owned" that would leave no doubt whatsoever.

So ... Bait and switch? No. I wouldn't say so. False advertising? .... Probably not. Could / should WG have been more clear / upfront? Yeah I'd say so.

• Cool 1

[KRON]
Members
2 posts
282 battles

Perhaps, depending on how you purchased the pack it isn't TECHNICALLY a bait and switch (see LERTs post above), however it is sleazy, double dipping, and underhanded at its best.  With a $120 purchase to be stingy with gold and require additional purchases after touting the amazing advantage of these additional missions which magically open up if you drop this load of cash with tricksy wording is dirty pool.  Especially for a newcomer to the game who doesn't understand the ins and outs of the different variants and so on.  Considering it was my first transaction and I already feel the company pulled a fast one I am not sure there's a good trusting relationship to be building here..

Anti-consumer.  I was taken in and, as they say "fool me once".  I'm a Whale with games I feel treat me fairly and with respect but this is, IMO even if not technically duplicitous it is certainly disrespectful.  They would be better off not have even MENTIONED it, not had a bonus mission, halved the reward or done something else if they were going to be so stingy or so money grubbing as to try to bend you over to go after crates as well as the Black Quad Ship Pack.

And, frankly I'm surprised to see so many people here either so pleased with themselves THEY clearly wouldn't have been taken in and having a good time laughing at the rubes who did or are so interested in protecting Wargaming to the point they'll see they have enough white knights they can keep up these word games and other... questionable approaches.

Makes me wonder who the real suckers are.

Edited by LtDanner

[LOU1]
Members
3,174 posts
8,432 battles

I don't know if we are pleased with ourselves or making fun of rubes (that hurt).  I know that did not cross my mind.  I posted to ask a genuine question of a professional in their field.  

[SC]
[SC]
Members
56 posts
7,747 battles

Ok...so I got the Tirps from a container. It's the Tirps B, but I don't have the perma black camo for it. I believe I should have it....no??

It's nowhere to be found in my camo area.

Edited by Renuz

Members
1,130 posts
8,400 battles
8 minutes ago, Renuz said:

Ok...so I got the Tirps from a container. It's the Tirps B, but I don't have the perma black camo for it. I believe I should have it....no??

It's nowhere to be found in my camo area.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Port#Carousel_Filter

Ship Visuals Filter

The visual filter menu can be accessed from selecting the two gears icon at the far top right of the carousel section. These are toggle options for whether the player wants to see a ship with its unique visual or not, such as the Arpeggio ships. However, for ships such as the High School Fleet ships, because their unique visuals are also mountable camouflage schemes, they will have their camouflages demounted and hidden from the player.

•  
  • Cool 1

[SC]
[SC]
Members
56 posts
7,747 battles

Ok...I just found it.

Thanks for the response !!

Edited by Renuz