You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Anij

Stealth Nerf to BB dispersion

26 comments in this topic

Members
54 posts
3,620 battles

All day cruisers and bbs sailing broadside and the shells fall all around them BUT NOT ON THEM!. The latest nonsense this evening was at a range of 4km every damn shot missed the DD sailing perfectly broadside but the shots are on but somehow they magically fall around the target. The other thing I notice was how for every 4-6 hits per salvo only 1 shot actually does any damage. 3 over-pens 1 ricochet, 1 non pen and 1 hit and this is how people who aim well are rewarded. Sorry u r not allowed to aim so well so we will make sure your good aim counts for nothing. Meanwhile useless keyboard monkeys who spam HE all day can close their eyes and get a fantastic hit rate and do fantastic damage while they have a carrot up their [edited]. Either you did this on purpose or your latest patch screwed up BB dispersion.

Fix it

• Funny 2
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 7

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,836 posts
4,814 battles

There was no change to BB dispersion in the latest patch notes.

What you are witnessing is the work of RNGesus.

Members
9 posts
2,963 battles

Me either. Fought several lately. From Tiers 3-8. US, UK, IJN, German. Bellerophon is still a slow old moo cow and Massachusetts rocks. :)

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,457 posts
6,801 battles
2 hours ago, Anij said:

Meanwhile useless keyboard monkeys who spam HE all day can close their eyes and get a fantastic hit rate and do fantastic damage while they have a carrot up their [edited].

In the vast majority of cases HE shells have the exact same dispersion pattern as AP shells.

In those rare few exceptions, like NC, Iowa, Des Moines, Baltimore, the HE has worse dispersion due to flatter ballistics, leading to a larger vertical dispersion.

• Cool 2

[INTEL]
Members
8,828 posts
26,291 battles
16 hours ago, SireneRacker said:

In the vast majority of cases HE shells have the exact same dispersion pattern as AP shells.

In those rare few exceptions, like NC, Iowa, Des Moines, Baltimore, the HE has worse dispersion due to flatter ballistics, leading to a larger vertical dispersion.

No wonder. I use AP a lot more in Cherry Blossom, noting it was doing steadier damage to the DDs....

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,760 posts

As a battleship captain, I've not seen any change lately. Course my engagement ranges are usually within 5km, I like to see the panic in their eyes when a Republique comes around a corner next to them

[ICBM]
Members
366 posts
5,492 battles

I tried that carrot trick the OP suggested and it really didn't help with my HE spam. It made my salad gross, though.

• Funny 1

[SBS]
Members
2,833 posts
2,379 battles

I don't think its a stealth nerf.  In another thread there is talk about the target lock bug.  That could be what the OP is experiencing.  For anyone that isn't aware the target lock bug is when it appears you have a target lock but your shots have the dispersion of non-locked shot.  If you play BBs it might seem like RNG is just trolling you.  If you play DDs its pretty obvious when you're shooting at another DD and your shots look like a shotgun at 6km.  I bet if you pay attention you'll notice this bug yourself, as it happens fairly often.  

[YORHA]
Members
3,544 posts
8 hours ago, Anij said:

All day cruisers and bbs sailing broadside and the shells fall all around them BUT NOT ON THEM!. The latest nonsense this evening was at a range of 4km every damn shot missed the DD sailing perfectly broadside but the shots are on but somehow they magically fall around the target. The other thing I notice was how for every 4-6 hits per salvo only 1 shot actually does any damage. 3 over-pens 1 ricochet, 1 non pen and 1 hit and this is how people who aim well are rewarded. Sorry u r not allowed to aim so well so we will make sure your good aim counts for nothing. Meanwhile useless keyboard monkeys who spam HE all day can close their eyes and get a fantastic hit rate and do fantastic damage while they have a carrot up their [edited]. Either you did this on purpose or your latest patch screwed up BB dispersion.

Fix it

Question:

Why would anyone want to play with a "carrot up their [edited]"?

Follow up question:

How do you know they are playing with their eyes closed?

Members
1 post
5,104 battles

I have to agree, my GK has never been this inaccurate before (and i have 7% accuracy improvement mod) and it has only been since the last patch.  I assure everyone they have nerfed dispersion quite significantly

Members
479 posts
8,529 battles
On 11/25/2018 at 1:48 AM, Anij said:

Fix it

You see this when your rigged

[ADR]
[ADR]
Members
46 posts
5,812 battles

something seems to be different the last couple of days.  I've been playing almost exclusively BBs.  I just got out of a battle where I had a CV at 10km, traveling along side, and couldn't hit it all.  One shell would fall on the near side, the other on the far side.  this happened over and over.

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
1,030 posts
6,428 battles

Slimeball is right, there's a target lock bug WGing isn't acknowledging, probably because they have no idea why it happens. Streamers mention it occasionally even. it's incredibly obvious when it happens, a Missouri will shoot like the Roma when it happens.

Try manually locking onto targets and see if it helps

Edited by HorrorRoach

[KRAK]
Members
1,539 posts
14,138 battles
On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 1:48 AM, Anij said:

Fix it

I usually cannot hit the broadside of barn in a BB and lately I have been pretty accurate. RNGesus giveth and he taketh away. This "nerf" is all in your head.

[KRAK]
Members
1,539 posts
14,138 battles
On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:46 AM, JCC45 said:

Question:

Why would anyone want to play with a "carrot up their [edited]"?

Follow up question:

How do you know they are playing with their eyes closed?

Don't you think if you had a carrot up yours your eyes would be closed?

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
1,030 posts
6,428 battles

There has to be a reason why people think BB dispersion got nerfed, threads pop up on a weekly basis. RNG CANNOT be that bad for a whole series of games. Occam's razor is that it's the lock on bug. Sigma doesn't allow for RNG to be terrible for that long... It's a statistical guaranty that a certain number of shells are going into a certain area. it's like a gradient map of probability in the shape of a dispersion ellipse. You cannot have terrible gun RNG for long periods of time

Edited by HorrorRoach