Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
UltimateNewbie

Haida - will it ever appear in the tech tree for doubloons?

8 comments in this topic

[FML]
Members
1,921 posts
10,605 battles

Now the UK event awards a new permanent camoflage for the Commonwealth T7 DD Haida, will it become available in the tech tree for doubloons anytime soon? 

I bought some doubloons on sale a while back in anticipation of the Haida and, as far as I know, she's never been available on the tech tree.  Its been super-frustrating. 

Anyone have any insights?

[DENY]
Members
382 posts
5,090 battles

Hope it will ever show up the next Canada Day, it might never happen , it a hard ship to play

[FML]
Members
1,921 posts
10,605 battles

Canada Day would be a really long wait...

I mean, if they also offered the T-61 in the interim to tide me over, those are the two ships I want.  No deal, so far...

[SOUP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,772 posts

After a few months, it should enter rotation as most premium ships do; every couple updates they swap em out for fresh boats to keep everything from being over-saturated.

Canada Day though is pretty much a guarantee, only ship us Moose jockeys will get in the game unless they add some of our more obscure ships 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,964 posts
18,842 battles

There is always a chance that a premium ship will become available on the tech tree. The good thing is they usually announce what ships will be leaving and what ships will be coming when Dasha gives the Update Briefing video prior to a patch launching. I don't think they say anything until then, it is possible they mention it in the notes for play testing the patch, I just don't remember that happening. Course am old and my memory is kind of crap... IMHO your best bet is to figure out how many doubloons the ship/ships you are wanting will cost and keep that balance so you are prepared ahead of time. Buying doubloons on sale and hoarding them until what you want becomes available is a sound strategy. I did this with the Huanghe by saving the Halloween doubloons we got cheaply and just waiting. The good news is that they usually add ships to the tech tree around Christmas AND offer them at a discount. Last year I skipped the crates and used lots of my discounted doubloons to buy discounted premium ships from the Tech Tree. It was a huge savings, I even bought the Italian cruisers on a whim because of the low cost in real money. 

My advice is to be patient and save doubloons until what you want becomes available. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

[USCG]
Members
251 posts
13,445 battles

She will probably show up during Christmas, either in Santa crates or for sale in the tech tree. Last year they offered most of the premiums at a 30% discount if I remember correctly. I’m looking for her as well. 

[WOLF2]
Members
1,592 posts
13,627 battles

Will they offer, reintroduce the red/white camo on her … or does it show up in game as purchasable once you have her?

Edited by Commander_367

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,964 posts
18,842 battles
9 hours ago, cgbosn4 said:

She will probably show up during Christmas, either in Santa crates or for sale in the tech tree. Last year they offered most of the premiums at a 30% discount if I remember correctly. I’m looking for her as well. 

IIRC the discounts were 30 - 50% discount based on tier. Seems the low tier stuff was pretty dang cheap so if you are missing those, hang on to a few doubloons for sure. 

Sign in to follow this