You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

Tier 8 MM is more broken than ever

81 comments in this topic

Members
167 posts
2,899 battles
2 minutes ago, IronMike11B4O said:

8 of 10 bottom tier 2 of 10 with 4 DDs on one side and 3 on the other.

Mike- get ready for cupcake baby and neptune needing a GF to start asking for stats and tell you 8's are just as good as 10. GL my friend. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

[WOLFB]
Members
2,787 posts
5,374 battles

So much salt over this. We need to see how things settle I see black versions of ships all over the place today. Also you will need to learn how to play teir 8 differently when you are bottom tier. And it’s a lot better then Tanks where most 8 can’t even hurt teir 10. 

[OBS]
Members
148 posts
664 battles
4 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

So much salt over this. We need to see how things settle I see black versions of ships all over the place today. Also you will need to learn how to play teir 8 differently when you are bottom tier. And it’s a lot better then Tanks where most 8 can’t even hurt teir 10. 

not true. when you get to perma tier ten mm in tanks i just grind my scorpion g. thats the problem with botes, aside from the barty barterson, there is no real good tier 8 prems to grind in ten mm

[SALVO]
Members
17,707 posts
18,486 battles

You guys keep arguing about tier 8 MM not being fixed, but your sample size examples are all vastly too small for true statistical meaning.  They're no better than anecdotal "evidence" with such tiny sample sizes.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[XXX]
Members
840 posts
2,775 battles

Crucis, then why is it that no one shows proof that is was fixed?

My very first match tonight in Mass be was a T10 fight with me & one other T8. All others were 10s.

Server go down?

• Bad 3

Members
1,130 posts
8,400 battles
8 minutes ago, DeathLord1969 said:

My very first match tonight in Mass be was a T10 fight with me & one other T8. All others were 10s.

Server go down?

They are not going to show us the algorithm. There is a good chance people could "game" the algorithm if it were public. 

The only proof we will have is after enough data is collected by us the players.

• Boring 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,787 posts
5,374 battles
53 minutes ago, Mothermoy said:

not true. when you get to perma tier ten mm in tanks i just grind my scorpion g. thats the problem with botes, aside from the barty barterson, there is no real good tier 8 prems to grind in ten mm

The scorpion is one of the few examples of a T8 tank that can do damage and it’s behind a large paywall. So that’s not a good example to say look T8 works in tanks.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,183 battles
33 minutes ago, Crucis said:

You guys keep arguing about tier 8 MM not being fixed, but your sample size examples are all vastly too small for true statistical meaning.  They're no better than anecdotal "evidence" with such tiny sample sizes.

11-13 bottom tier so far finally had a tier 9 battle.

[SALVO]
Members
17,707 posts
18,486 battles
17 minutes ago, DeathLord1969 said:

Server go down?

They'd never show you the algorithm, like Octavian pointed out.  Furthermore, the update was only dropped last Wednesday.  It takes time to collect serious data.

Frankly, I've had a pretty fair number of battles where I've been top tier in a tier 8.  But that's only relative, since the number of battles where I've been in a tier 8 in the first place is probably around 10.  And I don't bother collecting data.

[SALVO]
Members
17,707 posts
18,486 battles
Just now, IronMike11B4O said:

11-13 bottom tier so far finally had a tier 9 battle.

Well, like I just said, I've had plenty of top tier battles in my tier 8's, but I've probably played around 10 or so tier 8 ships since the update dropped.  So, my sample size is quite small.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,183 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

Well, like I just said, I've had plenty of top tier battles in my tier 8's, but I've probably played around 10 or so tier 8 ships since the update dropped.  So, my sample size is quite small.

12-14 now all today 

Edited by IronMike11B4O

[SALVO]
Members
17,707 posts
18,486 battles
9 minutes ago, Lonewolfpj said:

The scorpion is one of the few examples of a T8 tank that can do damage and it’s behind a large paywall. So that’s not a good example to say look T8 works in tanks.

Also, many tier 8 TDs have strong guns that can hurt tier 10 tanks.  Tier 8 medium tanks, not so much.

[SALVO]
Members
17,707 posts
18,486 battles
Just now, steelers_rule_2018 said:

How many times have you seen a tier 6 in an 8? almost never. So again, just tell us what the percentages are especially with premiums so we can understand this mess. 

They're not going to give you that data.  They never have to the best of my recollection, and I doubt that they'll start now.

If people would just suckitup and look at it as a challenge, rather than getting all salty and whiny and self-entitled, they might do better and have more fun when bottom tier.  Frankly, I think that a lot of players do poorly when bottom tier because they hurt themselves with their negative attitude.  They expect to do poorly and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, instead of accepting the challenge and going out there trying to find ways to help the team win, and doing the best they can.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 2

Members
167 posts
2,899 battles

Crucis- You have a crap load of battles and unless WG pays you THEY OWE you to be more transparent in how they "game" matches. UNLESS YOU HAVE NEVER BOUGHT A SHIP WITH REAL MONEY, then they need to 

PROVE what they SAY!. It has nothing to do with your blather on play better, LHTP and all that [edited]. People that pay for a Tier 8 expect to play in mostly Tier8 UNLESS they are told otherwise. UNDERSTAND? QUIT trying to tear down people that complain that they want something better for their money or gaming experience, or be considered a troll. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
315 posts
2,076 battles
20 minutes ago, steelers_rule_2018 said:

Crucis- You have a crap load of battles and unless WG pays you THEY OWE you to be more transparent in how they "game" matches. UNLESS YOU HAVE NEVER BOUGHT A SHIP WITH REAL MONEY, then they need to 

PROVE what they SAY!. It has nothing to do with your blather on play better, LHTP and all that [edited]. People that pay for a Tier 8 expect to play in mostly Tier8 UNLESS they are told otherwise. UNDERSTAND? QUIT trying to tear down people that complain that they want something better for their money or gaming experience, or be considered a troll. 

How dare he have a different opinion from you. Clearly, he's a troll unless he agrees with you. :Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,442 posts
4,041 battles
51 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

They are not going to show us the algorithm. There is a good chance people could "game" the algorithm if it were public. 

The only proof we will have is after enough data is collected by us the players.

also other companies could steal it. 

[XXX]
Members
840 posts
2,775 battles
46 minutes ago, Crucis said:

They'd never show you the algorithm, like Octavian pointed out.  Furthermore, the update was only dropped last Wednesday.  It takes time to collect serious data.

Frankly, I've had a pretty fair number of battles where I've been top tier in a tier 8.  But that's only relative, since the number of battles where I've been in a tier 8 in the first place is probably around 10.  And I don't bother collecting data.

Never asked for a algorithm, just proof. Of which, no one ever produces.

Members
167 posts
2,899 battles
10 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

also other companies could steal it. 

steal what crappy MM? lol.  It seems this whole "New" tier 8 crapfest is a new thing for them. I am sure someone could look at their code and decide it is below avg. "AKA if X = Y then do Z. Bam!

[SALVO]
Members
17,707 posts
18,486 battles
26 minutes ago, steelers_rule_2018 said:

Dude, you're wrong.  I don't have to prove anything.  You're the one making the assertion that there's still something broken about tier 8 MM.  That makes it YOUR responsibility to prove your assertion.  That's how proper logic and debate goes.  The person making the assertion has the responsibility to prove that assertion.

And WG does NOT "owe" me or anyone else any transparency.  Would it be nice?  Sure it would, but they're under no legal responsibility to do so.

As for suggesting that perhaps I've never bought a ship, that one earned a very, VERY large belly laugh from me, since I own … well, I own a LOT of premium ships.  A LOT OF THEM.  Plus, I regularly pay for premium time.  The fact of the matter is that I'm probably spending more on the game than you.

Additionally, like @MelonFlavoredShells  said, how dare I have a different opinion from you?  Right now, the only troll I see here is you.

The fact of the matter is that my stats say that I'm only a little above average.  I like to think that I'm perhaps a little better than that, but not really all that much.  But I don't throw a hissy fit when I end up bottom tier a little more often than I might like, unlike you, who seems to think that you're entitled to perfect MM.   Would I love to see perfect MM?  Who wouldn't?  But the reality is that MM can only work with what's in the queue at any given moment.  WG can't make people enter the queue in a perfect tier distribution that would allow for perfect MM.  But you seem to think that they can.    Try getting off your high horse and stop whining.

I was playing this game back in open beta when +/-3 tier MM was being used.  So, +/-2 tier MM seems like a gift to me.  I had to face Yamatos in a Colorado, and was forced to spam HE to do anything.  And ya know something?  I didn't whine about it.  I just did whatever was necessary to find ways to help my team.  BTW, I also have 33k+ games in WoT from before I ever started playing WoWS in the Open Beta.  I'm used to having to play a bottom tier vehicle in +/-2 tier MM.  And let me tell you, it's more difficult over in WoT.  And if you can learn to adapt to being bottom tier in WoT, you won't find being bottom tier in WoWS anywhere near as difficult.  But you seem unwilling to man up to challenges.  You seem to want everything given to you on a silver platter.  If you want to be top tier all the time, get some tier 10 ships and then you'll be good to go.  :Smile_child:

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,442 posts
4,041 battles
10 minutes ago, DeathLord1969 said:

Never asked for a algorithm, just proof. Of which, no one ever produces.

no one saying its worse has produced any either...

Members
9 posts
691 battles
31 minutes ago, Crucis said:

They're not going to give you that data.  They never have to the best of my recollection, and I doubt that they'll start now.

If people would just suckitup and look at it as a challenge, rather than getting all salty and whiny and self-entitled, they might do better and have more fun when bottom tier.  Frankly, I think that a lot of players do poorly when bottom tier because they hurt themselves with their negative attitude.  They expect to do poorly and it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, instead of accepting the challenge and going out there trying to find ways to help the team win, and doing the best they can.

Hi i know i am new. I have not logged nearly enough hrs to even compare to the knowledge others on this forum have. I agree with you to a point. I also believe there is a problem in this game. Its appears to be a game style issue. Most seem to meet every challenge with an attitude of just overwhelm an equal opponent with firepower and people, sure this wins. However, is that really the spirit of competition? Again it wins. But is the spirit of competition all about winning?  Personally I would rather be good player then win. Anyone can win this game no matter what skill level, JMHO. I Know this because i have battled the guys alone who swear up and down about teamwork and focus fire. Who left by themselves to fight die easily. 

[OBS]
Members
148 posts
664 battles
51 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Also, many tier 8 TDs have strong guns that can hurt tier 10 tanks.  Tier 8 medium tanks, not so much.

this....i can play my borsig, or my 152 in tier ten matches all day an be fine. WOWS doesnt really have any counterparts.