Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GravyDave1

Games Changes

37 comments in this topic

Members
5,078 posts

After reading what changes WoWs is doing to CVs. I do wonder why they keep them? 1 CVs were balanced in Alpha. Then they change them in closed beta. This action gave IJN CVs the edge then. I have posted what they need to do to balance CVs. As of right now they are in my opinion are being phase out of the game. Many a person has work hard to get them and spent gold to convert XP. Many players cry about them but never look at their actions that could have stop them from being sunk. 1 more thing I wish they would bring the Ocean map back. One can not hide behind a island with that one. More of a challenge to win on that map. As always (for the ones that know me) post your thoughts. If you disagree list why.I do love a debate. Until then be cool have fun in game.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
10,113 posts
4,429 battles

They didn't listen to us back then. Hopefully they will at least now by adding in the Q and E keys for some form of ship control while your ammunition is literally flying out to the target.

And yes, bring ocean map back.

• Cool 1

[-Y-]
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
5,289 posts
7,571 battles

Dev team is being held hostage by aliens and spoon fed LSD in an intergalactic experiment to see how stupid humans can be.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

[BUOY]
Members
325 posts
3,494 battles

I dont know where WG "finds" these approval giving players for the CV rework. I am in multiple discord channels with hundreds of people and never have I heard a word of positive review for the CV rework.

Maybe those who like the CV rework play just for fun and they like the arcade mode which is just [edited] imo.

They didnt even need to complete rework the CV. All they had to aas balance the CVs and balance the spotting effect of CVs as they are planning for the radar.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[-TXT-]
Members
123 posts
7,679 battles

I would say phasing them out is incorrect, they just massively changed them to remove the tactics that they couldn’t control and that most of the player base hated. Namely:

1. Crossdropping, this was the lamest tactic ever and should never have been allowed. Even with the best of luck and skill, the poor ship involved would either be wrecked or dead after the torpedoes flew. Although the new system lets the same torpedo squad drop multiple times on you, at least it will be one Arc of torpedoes at a time to dodge.

2. Stafing, by which the better carrier player would decimate the enemy and gain free reign and control of the map. Now fighters are defense only/consumable-like.

3. Scouting the whole map, now there is only one active squad and can’t cover multiple caps/areas.

Not sure about approvals, but maybe some CV captains will be happy to finally play competitive, because at the end of this they will surely be allowed to. The non CV players will be thrilled about the changes. As far as cost, WG has put out an extensive info post on how the payback will work if you want money back.

Oceans is fun every now and then, but it was used too much before.

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,442 posts
4,041 battles
7 hours ago, GravyDave1 said:

Many players cry about them but never look at their actions that could have stop them from being sunk.

they couldve never left port

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,442 posts
4,041 battles
5 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

bring ocean map back.

its in the rotation with low odds of being chosen

Members
3,709 posts
6,418 battles

Has a ton more about the controls and the difficulty of playing CVs and the very few people playing them, not to mention even less who were good at them, than anything else. 

[WOLF2]
Members
1,592 posts
13,627 battles
4 hours ago, IAMMUDBONE said:

I would say phasing them out is incorrect, they just massively changed them to remove the tactics that they couldn’t control and that most of the player base hated. Namely:

1. Crossdropping, this was the lamest tactic ever and should never have been allowed. Even with the best of luck and skill, the poor ship involved would either be wrecked or dead after the torpedoes flew. Although the new system lets the same torpedo squad drop multiple times on you, at least it will be one Arc of torpedoes at a time to dodge.

2. Stafing, by which the better carrier player would decimate the enemy and gain free reign and control of the map. Now fighters are defense only/consumable-like.

3. Scouting the whole map, now there is only one active squad and can’t cover multiple caps/areas.

Not sure about approvals, but maybe some CV captains will be happy to finally play competitive, because at the end of this they will surely be allowed to. The non CV players will be thrilled about the changes. As far as cost, WG has put out an extensive info post on how the payback will work if you want money back.

So, are Saipan and Kaga keepers or dead weight? I don't care about details - a YES/NO will do :)

[TDRB]
Members
1,322 posts
5,041 battles

1 more thing I wish they would bring the Ocean map back.

So many cruisers & DD's are design for hide & seek tactics I believe the ocean map would created a riot.

[RNDM]
Members
130 posts
3,137 battles
10 hours ago, GravyDave1 said:

bring the Ocean map back. One can not hide behind a island with that one. More of a challenge to win on that map.

I think they should make a small version of the map for lower tiers too. The map is actually fun when it come up. It should be put back in the more normal rotation and not once in a hundred games or so like it is now.

• Cool 2

Members
5,078 posts
11 hours ago, LoveBote said:

Dev team is being held hostage by aliens and spoon fed LSD in an intergalactic experiment to see how stupid humans can be.

haaahhahahahaa love that one

Members
5,078 posts
2 hours ago, kgh52 said:

So many cruisers & DD's are design for hide & seek tactics I believe the ocean map would created a riot.

The smaller map for lower tiers I think is a good idea.

Members
5,078 posts
9 hours ago, lungiwear said:

I dont know where WG "finds" these approval giving players for the CV rework. I am in multiple discord channels with hundreds of people and never have I heard a word of positive review for the CV rework.

Maybe those who like the CV rework play just for fun and they like the arcade mode which is just [edited] imo.

They didnt even need to complete rework the CV. All they had to aas balance the CVs and balance the spotting effect of CVs as they are planning for the radar.

I have seen this before. Think you have a point.

Members
5,078 posts
2 hours ago, Commander_367 said:

So, are Saipan and Kaga keepers or dead weight? I don't care about details - a YES/NO will do :)

Without looking if they are even tier keep them. Odd tiers they are taking out of game to my understanding. I would keep the odd tier ones until they remove them. So get the XP for them.

Members
5,078 posts
2 hours ago, kgh52 said:

That is why I want it back. Also to many BBs want to hide behind islands. Instead using tact tactics. 

Members
19,031 posts
5,347 battles
2 hours ago, Commander_367 said:

Doesn't matter at this point.

Sell them now, and net some credits. Wait for the rework, and get the whole doubloon cost refunded.

Plus, we don't know how their current "gimmicks" will translate.

The fact that they are T7 CVs being moved into T8 means nothing. As long as they have appropriate HP and AA, the rest all depends on what they get for planes. If you buffed the HP and AA DPS, it wouldn't matter if the CVs themselves were moved to T10.

[USN]
Members
1 post
703 battles

Did they just kick everyone off the server?  I was just kicked at start up, and got a message that the server is unavailable.

Members
19,031 posts
5,347 battles
4 minutes ago, GravyDave1 said:

Without looking if they are even tier keep them. Odd tiers they are taking out of game to my understanding. I would keep the odd tier ones until they remove them. So get the XP for them.

The Kaga and Saipan are premiums, so being moved up to T8. If you sell them at the rework, you get a full doubloon refund.

But there's no reason to sell anything now, or before trying them out, post-rework.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,592 posts
13,627 battles
4 minutes ago, GravyDave1 said:

T7 … they wouldn't just take out 2 premiums like that would they?

Nvm, I think I just answered my own question :(

• Cool 1

Members
5,078 posts
2 hours ago, CylonRed said:

Has a ton more about the controls and the difficulty of playing CVs and the very few people playing them, not to mention even less who were good at them, than anything else. 

I use to love playing CV. I like all classes of warships. The mid to higher tiers CAs and BBs AA is deadly to planes. With US lines most effected. I think they do good to split the CV line with CV and CVL lines. The British, US and IJN had them. The problem with the line is is how the squadrons are broken down. To me it is very unbalanced. Giving the IJN line the advantage for attacking ships.

Members
5,078 posts
6 hours ago, IAMMUDBONE said:

Good points like the feed back.

5 hours ago, Hanger_18 said:

they couldve never left port

lol

Members
5,078 posts
3 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

T7 … they wouldn't just take out 2 premiums like that would they?

Nvm, I think I just answered my own question :(

To my understanding they are bumping them up to tier 8

9 hours ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Next up: Flying submarines!

ahhaahaha love the show when I was a kid.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,592 posts
13,627 battles
3 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

The Kaga and Saipan are premiums, so being moved up to T8. If you sell them at the rework, you get a full doubloon refund.

But there's no reason to sell anything now, or before trying them out, post-rework.

So they get uptierd … I'm assuming with a buff?

Do they perform better/worse than originals or is this unknown?

I thought they had advantages that should be preserved :(

Sign in to follow this