Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MG1962

Torpedo reload question

8 comments in this topic

[BLHK]
Members
474 posts
3,673 battles

Potentially stupid question however............

In a cruiser....say the Charles Martel. I fire my starboard side tubes.............it appears they wont reload until I have also fired my port side torpedoes.

Is that right, or am I missing something. If is correct does anyone know the reason for the mechanic to be like that in the game? 

Members
1,130 posts
8,400 battles

No, they should start reloading immediately after fired. Only the RN ships torps reload bit diff, since you can single fire them; they wont reload till youve fired the full # of torps.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester
5,479 posts
4,072 battles

Do you have a screenshot or a video clip of it happening?

[BNKR]
Members
853 posts
887 battles
1 hour ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

No, they should start reloading immediately after fired. Only the RN ships torps reload bit diff, since you can single fire them; they wont reload till youve fired the full # of torps.

Really? There's no way to force the reload like autoloading tanks in WoT?

Members
1,130 posts
8,400 battles
5 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Really? There's no way to force the reload like autoloading tanks in WoT?

As far as Im aware no. The only way to force reload torps in the RN ships would be to fire off all the remaining torps.

Actually you can force reload. Its the F key, I think.

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

[SYN]
Members
7,356 posts
7,771 battles

The F key forces a reload. However, tubes auto reload once you fire them off, you dont need to fire the other side off to get a reload.

• Cool 1

Members
159 posts
2,021 battles

The little reload indicator over the torpedo icon will only appear if ever single tube is empty, and then it will show the time to get 1 launcher reloaded. A better indicator is the little orange torpedo bars. In settings there should be some options to keep them visible even when on your main guns, so you can see how long the individual tubes will load. Same for main guns.

[WOLFB]
Members
1,834 posts
8,803 battles

Torps tube automatically starts reloading once you fired all your torps. Unless you're playing a British ship, it's impossible to be forced to empty your torps tube before reloading.

Short answer, no you don't need to fire torps on both side. My guess is torps tubes were knocked out and you have to wait (or instantly damage con) before they start reloading again .

Sign in to follow this