Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sipher351

Stockpiling Ship Upgrades

7 comments in this topic

[-RNG-]
Beta Testers
4 posts
1,487 battles

Is it possible to buy ship upgrades standalone? Taking advantage of sales in Tanks to stockpile on the most used and expensive pieces was always a huge plus. If it's possible in this game, I can't seem to figure out how.

Members
115 posts
6,356 battles

Modules? Like concealment modules etc? Can't really do that here. The only thing you can kinda do would be buy a module, demount w/ dubs, then buy a different one in the same slot.

Unfortunately we don't get to stockpile these things.

Members
2,584 posts
2,663 battles

Standard modules: Buy, dismount (for doubloons), repeat.
Special modules: Use coal. Repeat. 

Not sure about ship upgrades though. I don't think any of them are cross capable. 

Members
1,120 posts
8,400 battles

Not standalone, but there is a trick I read on reddit recently. Im not sure which all ships you can do this with, but it sounds like the ships you get for clan wars rentals you may be able to.

https://old.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/9zr2cp/psa_buy_some_mods_at_50_for_your_rental_ships_and/

Members
115 posts
6,356 battles
7 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

Standard modules: Buy, dismount (for doubloons), repeat.

Only issue with that plan is you can't buy multiples without a bunch of ships - Once you demount one, the next one you try to put on a ship will be the demounted one.

Members
2,584 posts
2,663 battles

Fair enough. I just assume this would done by someone with a lot of cash to burn and already has a bunch of premium ships to do this on in their port. Then add all those dismounted goods onto their tech tree ships.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,781 posts
2,670 battles

As @TheOmegaDuck, a distant descendant of mine, says, the only way you can stockpile upgrades is to buy the thing on a bunch of ships that don't need it, then dismount them into inventory.  That will cost you 50 Db each to dismount what was there, then dismount the new module into the stockpile.  50 Db ~= 25¢ or 75,000 Credits.  Still a deal.

Sign in to follow this