Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ReddNekk

PSA; Fiji

22 comments in this topic

Members
3,978 posts
14,724 battles

Folks, I was driving my Fiji today and in every battle I was often getting 6-7-8 and even 9 on my Priority target! :cap_haloween: I reckon that the reason for that it that y'all have mistaken Fiji for Belfast. I expect to be focused on while driving Belfast, but with Fiji? Fiji's a adorable 'lil CL and doesn't deserve such harsh treatment! So y'all be nice to Fiji, OK?  :cap_cool:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 7

Members
2,584 posts
2,663 battles

Dear Fiji,

It would be most kind of you if you refrain from eviscerating our friendly torpedo slinging gun toting tin cans with your specialized armor piercing rounds.

Sincerely, 

The Red Team

• Funny 3

[FTH]
[FTH]
Members
297 posts
11,517 battles

I still recall seeing my priority target counter hit 11 one night in a cv game at 10...lol.

Members
115 posts
6,356 battles

Agreed! Fijis are lovely little botes - They look nice and sleek, and they're great CLs too. 

It's like kicking a cute puppy? Would you kick that poor dog? No? Then let's do the same to our dear Fijis!

[FOXEH]
Members
3,407 posts
12,717 battles

Those were just a admirers, not hostiles. Fiji is loved by all. Gifts flow freely to her each match...

Edited by Khafni
  • Funny 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,888 posts
15,669 battles

All Fiji's should be focus fired when sighted. Until dead. As many times as needed.

Beta Testers
417 posts
9,624 battles

My most played ship, poor little Fiji doesn't deserve the abuse. It's sweet and innocent and doesn't fire dirty HE at things. People should love them.

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,109 posts
9,888 battles

Fiji's just pad my cit and dev strike record for my BBs

[WOLF9]
Members
3,342 posts
9 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

Folks, I was driving my Fiji today and in every battle I was often getting 6-7-8 and even 9 on my Priority target! :cap_haloween: I reckon that the reason for that it that y'all have mistaken Fiji for Belfast. I expect to be focused on while driving Belfast, but with Fiji? Fiji's a adorable 'lil CL and doesn't deserve such harsh treatment! So y'all be nice to Fiji, OK?  :cap_cool:

No way!   The only RN CL MORE irritating to play against is Minotaur.   Thus, when it's spotted, it gets shot.    DIE PUNY AP SPAMMER!!!!!!   (and you KNOW what you can do with those torpedoes.)

Besides, they taste good!  <burrp>

[ARGSY]
Members
7,054 posts
4,803 battles
10 hours ago, ReddNekk said:

They should at least have the decency to misidentify the Belfast as an Edinburgh, right? :Smile_teethhappy:

[LEGIT]
Members
1,368 posts
21,808 battles

Yes, the Fiji.  Often affectionately referred to a the "Fifi," though her RN pedigree belies the French poodle moniker.   She can often be found near the front of the battle, playfully peeking out of her smoke screen whilst cheerfully plying BB's and cruisers with her AP.  True; she does get a bit upset at the annoying rats trying to send torps at her friends, but she sends them back home readily with their tails between their legs.  And if a dogged CL tries to rush her smoke, Fiji has some friendly torps waiting to greet them.

So lets not focus the Fiji, she's not that detested Belfast.  Let alone the cursed Atlanta!

Edited by slokill_1

[PVE]
Members
6,368 posts
11,327 battles

Fiji doesn't need to be mistaken for a Belfast to be considered a priority target. Frankly, IMO, Fiji is a superior ship to Belfast and more of a threat.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Members
1,590 posts
4,356 battles

Hard to resist shooting something that squishy.  I think I dev struck one through the bow...with a cruiser. To be fair, one doesn’t usually land 8 of 9 rounds on a bow in ship...but, it’s hilarious when you can catch one at close range.  Fiji is a good ship...but, I’d agree she doesn’t up Tier that well...as evidenced by the fact that Edinburgh isn’t exactly regarded as a monster of a ship.

I didn’t keep mine. Finished the grind and moved on. I vastly prefer Leander.

Members
3,978 posts
14,724 battles
13 hours ago, hexeris said:

My most played ship, poor little Fiji doesn't deserve the abuse. It's sweet and innocent and doesn't fire dirty HE at things. People should love them.

My most played ship too, over 380 battles. And tied with Helena as my Favorite CL.

57 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Fiji doesn't need to be mistaken for a Belfast to be considered a priority target. Frankly, IMO, Fiji is a superior ship to Belfast and more of a threat.

I agree. I have Belfast and I do much better with Fiji. I do better with Helena too. IMHO, Belfast aint the overpowered beast that she has the reputation of being.

The high number of PTs, not to mention a massive amount of potential damage, that I got while driving Fiji yesterday blew my mind. Hell, I don't get that many driving DDs! :Smile_amazed:

Edited by ReddNekk

[FTH]
[FTH]
Members
297 posts
11,517 battles

part of Edinburgh's problem is it's the same guns torps etc as Fiji, just sees a tier higher MM...if you want to play a Edinburgh but don't want to buy one, faildiv in a Fiji.

[PVE]
Members
6,368 posts
11,327 battles
14 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

My most played ship too, over 380 battles. And tied with Helena as my Favorite CL.

I agree. I have Belfast and I do much better with Fiji. I do better with Helena too. IMHO, Belfast aint the overpowered beast that she has the reputation of being.

The high number of PTs, not to mention a massive amount of potential damage, that I got while driving Fiji yesterday blew my mind. Hell, I don't get that many driving DDs! :Smile_amazed:

Yeah when I got Belfast in a crate I was like OMG I will wreck stuff now. Then I played it and was like … :Smile_sceptic:

I prefer Fiji no question. Now, I only play Co-op so that may be part of it. Belfast just lacks in Co-op.

[VOC]
Members
81 posts
57 battles

I also love Fiji. Especially those who brake up to smoke while being detected. A very nice trick with your BB: aim at him for roughly 1/4 speed. Fire the second he goes undetected. Oneshot in lots of the cases. That goes for every RN cruiser for that matter. It's my greatest hobby in this game: one shooting RN cruisers at the moment they sigh a breath of relief thinking they're safe. Cost me some Karma. But that was a trade I was very willing to take.

[-K-]
Members
644 posts
5,292 battles

The Fiji is a lovely vessel. Doing British things to other vessels. 

Its even great at hunting Belfast in smoke with radar or torp spam. 

Need more Fiji appreciation threads. 

Big thanks to those players that tater in it to keep the vessel un-nerfed.

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this