You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_RC1138

Stealth Nerf to BB Dispersion from the perspective of a Cruiser player

30 comments in this topic

[5BS]
Members
4,993 posts

Has anyone else noticed that BB's seem to be more shotgunny since the patch? And I'm saying that from the perspective of their target; cruisers. I find that I am getting away with maneuvers in the past few days that usually would have cost me 25% to 50% of my health with 0 or maybe 1 overpen. My Moskva seems to be unhittable all weekend. And when they DO hit, BB's seem to mostly be doing either bounces or overpens. I got a 2.7 mil potential damage match in the Moskva, and a 2.5 in the Mino just before that, without getting dreadnought. That's not how it ever works. And it isn't just a bunch of Mass B's with [edited] accuracy missing me, it's Yamatos, Monty's and Conqs all basically being worthless. I tried a few matches in CoOp and BB's feel a little more shotgunny and the shells seem to be useless against cruisers, way too many Overpens. Anyone else experiencing something similar?

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,203 posts
7,195 battles

BB dispersion hasnt been messed with, that would have been in the patch notes because thats kind of a major change to BBs if it were

[5BS]
Members
4,993 posts
1 minute ago, tcbaker777 said:

BB dispersion hasnt been messed with, that would have been in the patch notes because thats kind of a major change to BBs if it were

Hence the word 'stealth'

[CLAWS]
Beta Testers
63 posts
7,246 battles
Just now, _RC1138 said:

Hence the word 'stealth'

It's more likely that you're seeing larger numbers of people who don't usually play, or don't place as much due to the holidays, and thus there are more people that either don't know how to deal with long flight times or aren't looking for cruisers to punish.

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Members
4,993 posts
Just now, HLS30 said:

It's more likely that you're seeing larger numbers of people who don't usually play, or don't place as much due to the holidays, and thus there are more people that either don't know how to deal with long flight times or aren't looking for cruisers to punish.

I've played enough matches to be able to spot the difference between taters and RNG [edited]with people: I'm getting away, repeatedly, with being caught dead to rights broadside to a loaded TX BB with AP at ~12 km and having a halo of shells around me. And it keeps happening hence my curiosity if anyone else is noticing the same.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,012 posts
10,692 battles

I think 'the lock-on bug' is getting worse.

• Cool 3

[5BS]
Members
4,993 posts
Just now, Lonewolfpj said:

RNG is shining down on you. Don’t worry your luck will end soon

Yeah but in CoOp/Operations, where I'll play BB's, they seem to be... off. Like it shouldn't be possible to get BOTH overpens *and* shatters on a broadside target but that keeps happening, and the accuracy feels off, especially in known snipers like Warspite and Fuso. I noticed that in twilight mode, that new accuracy booster is killer (god I would pay real money for dispersion like that, you know, where the skill of the aimer actually get's to be shown) so I'm wondering if WGing borked the accuracy of ships across the board by accident (it would not be the first time they did something like that).

[BNKR]
Members
853 posts
884 battles

I just left a match in my Massachusetts in which 4 salvos against a broadside New Orleans yielded a couple overpens from about 11 kilometers. The overpens man. The overpens. I can't buy a citadel anymore.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,012 posts
10,692 battles
6 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Lock on bug?

It's not a confirmed bug, but there is a suggestion that there's an error where a ship can appear 'locked on' i.e. with the crosshair around the name, while it is in fact not. A symptom seems to be that the crosshair appears around their name in the main screen while it may not on the mini-map.

As I'm sure you know the 'lock' the shell dispersion increases significantly and it doesn't use an 'informed' range connection.

The supposed cure is to press 'X' repeatedly to cycle the lock on.

[5BS]
Members
4,993 posts
4 minutes ago, mofton said:

It's not a confirmed bug, but there is a suggestion that there's an error where a ship can appear 'locked on' i.e. with the crosshair around the name, while it is in fact not. A symptom seems to be that the crosshair appears around their name in the main screen while it may not on the mini-map.

As I'm sure you know the 'lock' the shell dispersion increases significantly and it doesn't use an 'informed' range connection.

The supposed cure is to press 'X' repeatedly to cycle the lock on.

Hmm... interesting. Maybe it got worse as you say because the dispersion I'm seeing some BB's fire on me are in excess of 1 km between shells and that SHOULD be impossible.

You know, I thought about it, they are definitely locked on. I use PT on my Mino and they were DEFINITELY locking onto me to shoot, they were just missing with nearly 100% of their shells.

Edited by _RC1138

[SIDE]
Members
1,316 posts
9,325 battles

Played Vanguard and my dispersion was all over the place against oblivious broadside cruisers at 12km range; this from one of the supposedly more accurate BB's in the game. I'm putting it down to bad rng, but who knows...

[ICOP]
Members
992 posts
3,604 battles
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

Has anyone else noticed that BB's seem to be more shotgunny since the patch? And I'm saying that from the perspective of their target; cruisers. I find that I am getting away with maneuvers in the past few days that usually would have cost me 25% to 50% of my health with 0 or maybe 1 overpen. My Moskva seems to be unhittable all weekend. And when they DO hit, BB's seem to mostly be doing either bounces or overpens. I got a 2.7 mil potential damage match in the Moskva, and a 2.5 in the Mino just before that, without getting dreadnought. That's not how it ever works. And it isn't just a bunch of Mass B's with [edited] accuracy missing me, it's Yamatos, Monty's and Conqs all basically being worthless. I tried a few matches in CoOp and BB's feel a little more shotgunny and the shells seem to be useless against cruisers, way too many Overpens. Anyone else experiencing something similar?

Noticed more zero damage pens.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,906 posts
15,356 battles

Careful.  You guys are starting to rile yourselves up into a state like the "WG Nerfed Missouri's dispersion!" dealio months ago.  That was a hilarious time for me on these boards to witness.

[POP]
Members
618 posts
12,388 battles

Felt fine to me, had some horrid teams but massive games. Yamato seemed to be hitting just fine.

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,431 posts
4,041 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Careful.  You guys are starting to rile yourselves up into a state like the "WG Nerfed Missouri's dispersion!" dealio months ago.  That was a hilarious time for me on these boards to witness.

Do i start tellin people to calm down? or do i just watch the world burn?

[WOLFB]
Members
1,824 posts
8,785 battles

Just yersterday I almost Dev Strike a Buffalo with my Musashi. Almost. I only landed 2 citadel instead of 3. They definitely ninja nerfed BB dispersion.

:Smile_hiding:

WG haven't touched BB dispersion, it's just RNG 

Members
2 posts
3,623 battles

I mean it could totally be RNG, which I really hope it is, but when I took my T7-10 BBs out today, I was bracketing a lot more than (what I thought) was usual. playing BBs felt wonky. I might be arrogant in saying but I know my ships pretty well, and I know I aimed well, I bracketed those shots, but either I didn't get the citadels (pens and overpens instead) or just straight up the dispersion was so bad I missed entirely. I don't wanna point fingers, and WG doesn't really do "stealth nerfs" of this magnitude, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Then again, I'm a hopeless baBBy so what do I know.

[CUTIE]
Beta Testers
4,288 posts
8,094 battles

Probably the famous lock-on bug. I used to experience these shot-gunny shots so often, but then I got used to re-locking with X before every shot to ensure the lock is active and it simply stopped happening for me.

[INTEL]
Members
871 posts
9,052 battles
5 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Pretty sure you were in Narai with me last night when I mentioned having problems with aim and dispersion on Discord. I said it felt like my client and the server were a bit off from each other. 

A lock bug would explain multiple instances of entire salvos falling well short of a target. It would also explain my Buddyonny throwing multiple salvos that would make a Scharnhorst blush with shame. 

Edited by Ares1967

[WOLF9]
Members
3,358 posts
9 hours ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

I just left a match in my Massachusetts in which 4 salvos against a broadside New Orleans yielded a couple overpens from about 11 kilometers. The overpens man. The overpens. I can't buy a citadel anymore.

I ended up burning and secondary killing a tier 8 RN BB I was brawling with last night, because Mass's guns REFUSED to hit it.   And when they did hit, it was for $hitty superstructure overpens, when I'd aimed at the waterline...

But then, in my French BB's, I couldn't seem to miss, lol.   Lyon and Alsace aren't exactly known for accuracy.   Someone forgot to tell my gunners yesterday, though, because both ships were in full on beast mode.

It's the joy of battleships:  teaching the pope to swear like a drunken sailor since the game started...   If you aren't violently cussing the devs, or wanting to kick one in the nuts- you aren't playing BB's often enough.