You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
steelers_rule_2018

This TIER 8 MM is utter [edited]. Provide us with PROOF!

55 comments in this topic

Members
167 posts
2,908 battles

"Supposedly" they were building matches around 8's if you were an 8 well that is utter [edited] for anyone that plays 8s, especially premiums. 

Terp B, Mass all back in X matches at least 50% of the time. How is that possible on prime time if you are FREAKING BUILDING AROUND AN 8?

I think i noticed ONE or TWO days it was better now it is back to where it was before. 

Answer- it is not. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

Members
167 posts
2,908 battles

yeah give us some math then and show tier 8, especially premiums otherwise i dont believe a damn thing they are saying. I am not even sure THE developers believe it. Bethesda 2.0

Just came off another Tier X bottom tier of course (TERP B) at Saturday PRIME TIME>>> lol

Edited by steelers_rule_2018

[PLPT]
Members
760 posts
7,308 battles

I got the Mass B and have had almost entirely Tier X matches. Not only did they mislead us with the doubloon offer, but clearly nothing changed for T8 matchmaking either. Lies and damn lies. 

• Cool 6

[FART]
Members
129 posts
5,102 battles

In the 25 or so Tier 8 matches I've played today (both on my event turkey account and my main account), I have been bottom tier in an 8 in all but one.

I will say this though -- in all of those bottom tier matches there were more Tier 8's than 10's, when lately it seemed I'd be the only Tier VIII in a Tier X match, so maybe they did tweak something.

Members
167 posts
2,908 battles

I dont mind the mass so much but almost any other 8 is going to have problems in a X match with high range HE firespitters and IJN DDs throwing 12 torps at ya. 

These guys need to publish stats and the algorithim otherwise it is all [edited]. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,546 posts
506 battles

PLAY 100 Battles and keep tabs on how many times you are MID tier... BOTTOM tier and TOP tier... and MATH.... rather than all this jibber jabber

it was done by a few players a while ago.... do it NOW that there was a  change...
Two or three battles aint gonna tell ya CRAP

• Cool 2

Members
167 posts
2,908 battles

My job is not to do WG's JOB. I am the customer, they need to prove to me this is not smoke and freaking mirrors. They might want to read some of Bethesda's press on how not to handle the public.

PLUS you have the posts above to prove how much [edited] it is or if you dont believe multiple people's recent observations buy a Terp B or Mass/B  or any black or Tier 8 prem. go try it yourself.  

• Bad 2

[-SYN-]
Alpha Tester
1,119 posts
4,715 battles

@steelers_rule_2018, the problem isn't Tier VIII against Tier X, the problem is you currently hold a 48% rating in under 2000 battles (not attempting to stat shame here as this is average for new accounts that aren't rerolls. 3/4s of those battles are in battleships and most are with tier VIII premium ships. It really annoys me when people say that people shouldn't buy premium ships until they grind the regular lines, but in your case I think a little more experience would probably do you more good than posting these threads and expecting WG to confirm to your demands. You seem to struggle in tier IX and Xs as well, so it isn't purely the MM.

Members
167 posts
2,908 battles
3 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

@steelers_rule_2018, the problem isn't Tier VIII against Tier X, the problem is you currently hold a 48% rating in under 2000 battles (not attempting to stat shame here as this is average for new accounts that aren't rerolls. 3/4s of those battles are in battleships and most are with tier VIII premium ships. It really annoys me when people say that people shouldn't buy premium ships until they grind the regular lines, but in your case I think a little more experience would probably do you more good than posting these threads and expecting WG to confirm to your demands. You seem to struggle in tier IX and Xs as well, so it isn't purely the MM.

So KingCakeBaby Unicom WG defender- SINCE WHEN DID I TALK ABOUT WIN/LOSS? I talked about how they promised changes to the MM and as far as my experience goes and others above and in other threads it has not significantly changed. Also, i don't play in a clan like you do and artificially inflate your stats since i play all randoms. Most of win/loss percentage is tied to clans and mic'd up and has almost zero to do with your "skill'. 

• Bad 1

[CLAWS]
Beta Testers
63 posts
7,246 battles
6 minutes ago, steelers_rule_2018 said:

So KingCakeBaby Unicom WG defender- SINCE WHEN DID I TALK ABOUT WIN/LOSS? I talked about how they promised changes to the MM and as far as my experience goes and others above and in other threads it has not significantly changed. Also, i don't play in a clan like you do and artificially inflate your stats since i play all randoms. Most of win/loss percentage is tied to clans and mic'd up and has almost zero to do with your "skill'. 

So you're using a holiday weekend (which are KNOWN to be wonky both in terms of team comp and player skills) to complain about getting put at the bottom?

Members
167 posts
2,908 battles
4 minutes ago, HLS30 said:

So you're using a holiday weekend (which are KNOWN to be wonky both in terms of team comp and player skills) to complain about getting put at the bottom?

Dude, i am not the only one complaining about how nothing has changed. Understand? And if "weekends are wonky" then they should say something in their "Dev" talks. 

[-SYN-]
Alpha Tester
1,119 posts
4,715 battles
7 minutes ago, steelers_rule_2018 said:

I'm an average player and my clan exists purely for the benefits that come from having a researched base. We rarely division and I think I have maybe 10 co-op battles in the three years the game has been live. All that is irrelevant to the post, which is that Tier VIII can very easily run with Tier X outside of a very few notable exceptions, and the Tirpitz isn't one of them. You're projecting your annoyance with a skill gap and learning curve on the game without taking your own inadequacies into account. This is probably equally true for others who complain that Xs have an unfair advantage over VIIIs. The only real difference is that VIII are easier to punish for making misplays.

[CLAWS]
Beta Testers
63 posts
7,246 battles
3 minutes ago, steelers_rule_2018 said:

Dude, i am not the only one complaining about how nothing has changed. Understand? And if "weekends are wonky" then they should say something in their "Dev" talks. 

People complain when the sun comes up in morning. I'm not surprised that people are complaining, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that nobody complaining has actually compiled any kind of database that would actually allow them to analyze if MM has actually been changed or not. 

Members
167 posts
2,908 battles

Dude- I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about if your don't think X's have an advantage over 8's. Nuff said, go away. Plus that wasn't the point of this post anyway. 

Members
3,713 posts
6,424 battles

Actually when you announce nothing has changed - it IS up to you to prove it and it can be done easily by players.  They are not going to give out their IP to prove anything to players since it is their IP and releasing it would be idiotic. 

You have the tools - prove it and understand statistics like has been explained in the other threads on the exact same subject.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,028 posts
10,708 battles

In the 18 games I've played as a T8 battleship and recorded before the change the average tier was 9.27.

In the 24 games I recorded in a T8 destroyer before the change the average tier was 9.04.

In the 19 games I've played in a T8 destroyer since the change the average tier has been 9.06.

In the 21 games I've played in a T8 battleship since the change the average tier has been 8.95.

My conclusion? Insufficient data. Even a single game in 20 games top/bottom swings the average (T9 average would mean balanced and mid-tier average) quite a lot.

[CLAWS]
Beta Testers
63 posts
7,246 battles
20 minutes ago, steelers_rule_2018 said:

Dude- I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about if your don't think X's have an advantage over 8's. Nuff said, go away. Plus that wasn't the point of this post anyway. 

What are you talking about? I didn't say anything about 10s being better or worse than 8s. You claimed MM hadn't changed. I said you're using an anomalous time span and no math to actually prove your point.  

• Cool 1

Members
167 posts
2,908 battles
5 minutes ago, HLS30 said:

What are you talking about? I didn't say anything about 10s being better or worse than 8s. You claimed MM hadn't changed. I said you're using an anomalous time span and no math to actually prove your point.  

No KINGCAKE BABY in all his wisdom said  "Tier VIII can very easily run with Tier X outside of a very few notable exceptions... "

Seriously? A Yammy or Mont or Zao and all the others against any of it's tier 8 counterparts has a SERIOUS advantage. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
167 posts
2,908 battles
10 minutes ago, mofton said:

In the 18 games I've played as a T8 battleship and recorded before the change the average tier was 9.27.

In the 24 games I recorded in a T8 destroyer before the change the average tier was 9.04.

In the 19 games I've played in a T8 destroyer since the change the average tier has been 9.06.

In the 21 games I've played in a T8 battleship since the change the average tier has been 8.95.

My conclusion? Insufficient data. Even a single game in 20 games top/bottom swings the average (T9 average would mean balanced and mid-tier average) quite a lot.

I don't understand this or why you wouldnt think this is stat insignificant. . Shouldn't the avg be at 8 or under,  if they are "building the MM around you" or whatever that quote was? Plus 8 has to be one of the most populated spots especially at this time. 

• Boring 1

Members
1,546 posts
506 battles
16 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Actually when you announce nothing has changed - it IS up to you to prove it and it can be done easily by players.  They are not going to give out their IP to prove anything to players since it is their IP and releasing it would be idiotic. 

You have the tools - prove it and understand statistics like has been explained in the other threads on the exact same subject.

7 minutes ago, HLS30 said:

15 minutes ago, steelers_rule_2018 said:

people have already provided stats. look it up or don't idgaf. 

I dont see LEGIT stats based on 100 PLUS games to show the % difference pre patch in tier 8 games, based on MATH..
YOu cry about WG not providing PROOF the MM is better, while providing LESS than WG in saying MM is the same or worse

Having played with you yesterday and your "abilities" being pointed out, one would easily come to the conclusion the MM is not the issue here..
BUT having said that, AND, having said what I said above a few posts up, PROVIDE ACCURATE NUMBERS PROVING THE MM IS AS BAD AS IT WAS IN MAKING TIER EIGHT SHIPS MORE BOTTOM TIER THAN MOD AND TOP COMBINED and you might be on to something....
All you are doing is RANTING and shutting down ANYONE who disagrees with you OR who ask's you to provide MATHEMATICAL proof to your claim...u just cant come here, claim injustice and NOT BACK IT UP... YOU called WG out so the burden of proof is now on you...
And even though you are also a steelers fan, I am still VERY disappointed and will not play favorites because they are my FAv too
Yo

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1