GAME4WAR

Looking for a list of real life WOWS Ships

9 comments in this topic

[BLOME]
Members
23 posts
12,559 battles

I am wondering if there are any threads or list of all real life ships in WOWS that really existed and/or saw action in WW2 for quick reference.
I can't seem to find a list like this any where and going through every ships wows wiki page gets pretty mundane. I pretty much finished every branch and i am looking to get into certain ships for their historic aspect.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,650 posts
2,333 battles

USN, All BBs except MT. All cruisers except (I think) Seattle and Worcester. Omaha is also a combination, not an actual ship. DDs all existed I'm pretty sure. CVs all existed

IJN. BBs, not sure about the low tier ones, but Kongo, Fuso, Nagato, and Yamato are real, Amagi and Izumo are not. Cruisers, up to the Mogami. I don't know about the DD line, it's had so many changes I honestly forget. Pretty sure the new T9 and 10 gunboats are paper. CVs are real up to T9.

KMS. BB up to T8 (Bismark and Tirpitz). I believe some of the hulls on some of them are fictional, but the ships themselves did exist in some configuration. The Gneisenau's upgrade to 15" guns was planned, but never completed, always had the 11" like the Scharn. Cruisers up to Roon existed I think. Not sure on DDs, but most of them are real.

RU: yeah, no.

Seriously, I think a few of them were real, but WG had to stretch things pretty good to fill in the cruiser and DD lines.

RN. Mostly historical. CL up to T8, not sure about Neptune. Minotaur is paper. BBs, Yes up to T7. Monarch, contrary to what WG says, is paper, as are Lion and Conqueror. Vanguard however is very definitely historical, as is of course Dreadnought. Not sure on the DDs, I think up to at least T8 are real. And the upcoming CVs are historical.

France. No idea on the cruisers. Not sure on the BBs, I know T8s were real, the T9 and 10 are not. The others are at least based on real ships.

Premiums: I think all the USN ones are real. The others are all over. Tirpitz is quite real, but Graf Zepplin isn't (was proposed, and even laid down).

Comprehensive list does not exist. Best way is just to google the name of the ship you're interested. Hope this helps.

Beta Testers
113 posts
1,349 battles
57 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

USN, All BBs except MT. All cruisers except (I think) Seattle and Worcester. 

I

Worcester was a real ship that was built. The USN Tech tree only has 4 paper ships I think, Nicholas, Phoenix, Seattle and Montana. 

Make it 5, forgot about the Dallas.

Members
239 posts

@Phoenix_jz has a really great thread for this:

Although he hasn't updated it for some of the latest additions (RN destroyers, IJN destroyer branch).

As for premiums the majority existed. This is an attempt at a quick list of the ones that didn't exist or existed but were never completed (ignoring anime ships). I may of course have overlooked some but it should be a reasonable start:

• Ishizuchi - Paper
  • Iwaki - Paper
  • Fūjin - A fictional Kamikaze-class destroyer
  • Ashitaka - Laid down but scrapped due to the Washington Naval Treaty
  • Kii - Paper
  • Graf Zeppelin - Laid down and launched, sunk as target ship after Germany surrendered
  • T-61 - Laid down and launched, destroyed by aircraft before completion
  • Imperator Nikolai - Laid down and launched, ended up scrapped due to the Russian civil war
  • Okhotnik - Paper
  • De Grasse - Paper...ish, laid down but finished as another design
  • Gascogne - Paper
  • Huange - Existed, but not in the form it has in-game
Edited by Snowyskies

[REVY]
Members
969 posts
7,809 battles
On 11/24/2018 at 10:12 PM, AJTP89 said:

USN, All BBs except MT. All cruisers except (I think) Seattle and Worcester. Omaha is also a combination, not an actual ship. DDs all existed I'm pretty sure. CVs all existed

IJN. BBs, not sure about the low tier ones, but Kongo, Fuso, Nagato, and Yamato are real, Amagi and Izumo are not. Cruisers, up to the Mogami. I don't know about the DD line, it's had so many changes I honestly forget. Pretty sure the new T9 and 10 gunboats are paper. CVs are real up to T9.

KMS. BB up to T8 (Bismark and Tirpitz). I believe some of the hulls on some of them are fictional, but the ships themselves did exist in some configuration. The Gneisenau's upgrade to 15" guns was planned, but never completed, always had the 11" like the Scharn. Cruisers up to Roon existed I think. Not sure on DDs, but most of them are real.

RU: yeah, no.

Seriously, I think a few of them were real, but WG had to stretch things pretty good to fill in the cruiser and DD lines.

RN. Mostly historical. CL up to T8, not sure about Neptune. Minotaur is paper. BBs, Yes up to T7. Monarch, contrary to what WG says, is paper, as are Lion and Conqueror. Vanguard however is very definitely historical, as is of course Dreadnought. Not sure on the DDs, I think up to at least T8 are real. And the upcoming CVs are historical.

France. No idea on the cruisers. Not sure on the BBs, I know T8s were real, the T9 and 10 are not. The others are at least based on real ships.

Premiums: I think all the USN ones are real. The others are all over. Tirpitz is quite real, but Graf Zepplin isn't (was proposed, and even laid down).

Comprehensive list does not exist. Best way is just to google the name of the ship you're interested. Hope this helps.

On 11/24/2018 at 11:12 PM, flufflyfatcat said:

Worcester was a real ship that was built. The USN Tech tree only has 4 paper ships I think, Nicholas, Phoenix, Seattle and Montana. 

Make it 5, forgot about the Dallas.

On 11/25/2018 at 12:50 AM, Snowyskies said:

@Phoenix_jz has a really great thread for this:

Although he hasn't updated it for some of the latest additions (RN destroyers, IJN destroyer branch).

As for premiums the majority existed. This is an attempt at a quick list of the ones that didn't exist or existed but were never completed (ignoring anime ships). I may of course have overlooked some but it should be a reasonable start:

• Ishizuchi - Paper
  • Iwaki - Paper
  • Fūjin - A fictional Kamikaze-class destroyer
  • Ashitaka - Laid down but scrapped due to the Washington Naval Treaty
  • Kii - Paper
  • Graf Zeppelin - Laid down and launched, sunk as target ship after Germany surrendered
  • T-61 - Laid down and launched, destroyed by aircraft before completion
  • Imperator Nikolai - Laid down and launched, ended up scrapped due to the Russian civil war
  • Okhotnik - Paper
  • De Grasse - Paper...ish, laid down but finished as another design
  • Gascogne - Paper
  • Huange - Existed, but not in the form it has in-game

Amagi was a real hull, and was marked for conversion to a CV.

Then came an earthquake, Amagi was damaged and Kaga convereted was instead.

[GULAG]
Members
12 posts
3,882 battles

Fluffyfatcat is right, although it's an iffy thing about the Montana. The Montana-class were designed as replacements for the Iowa-class, but owing to the nature of the war plus the introduction of the Essex-class carriers the Montanas were cancelled before their keels were laid down.

[GULAG]
Members
12 posts
3,882 battles

Also, the Japanese Kii was, I believe, the tentative name for the fourth Yamato-class battleship had it been built. The keel had been laid down, but no work was done, and it was scrapped to make way for the construction of suicide boats later in the war.

Beta Testers
9,203 posts

One might think that many of the Russian ships are paper, which they are.  But there are also real ones.

The upcoming and currently in testing Tier 9 Neustrashimy destroyer happens to be one of the real ones.   While the only ship of its class, laid down the basis for one of the most common Cold War destroyers of the Soviet Navy, the Kotlin class (not the programming language here).  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_destroyer_Neustrashimy

I suspect, a trio of real life Soviet destroyers coming:  T8 - Skoryy class, T9- Neustrashimy, and T10 - Kotlin class.

As Neustrashimy is also the basis for the Chinese Luda class, its hard not to see a Pan Asian T9 based early Luda, possibly under the name Jinan, which is the first of the Luda class.