Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Xintross

Has anyone "received an in-game discount" from a mission?

7 comments in this topic

[FLS]
[FLS]
Members
10 posts
245 battles

Just curious as the WoWS website states; 

From November 23 to November 30 you will be able to enjoy a special combat mission chain, by completing which you can receive Black Friday containers, in-game discounts, and many other benefits!

However I've seen nothing anywhere in-game or otherwise suggesting that this is actually possible.  Am I misunderstanding something here?

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/black-friday/

[FLS]
[FLS]
Members
10 posts
245 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I got one after a very productive battle in the Mahan this evening.

Just curious, was it from an actual mission, a container or just randomly rewarded after a battle?  I've been playing quite a lot since yesterday and have yet to see anything.

[FLS]
[FLS]
Members
10 posts
245 battles
2 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

What tier are you playing? Scroll farther down that page you linked, itll show the ship/game mode restrictions. 

The ships need to be  >tier5.

Most of the games I've played over the past two days have been in the Tirpitz and Tirpitz B.  

Members
1,130 posts
8,400 battles
22 minutes ago, Xintross said:

Most of the games I've played over the past two days have been in the Tirpitz and Tirpitz B.  

Yah, scratch what I said.

i think the in-game discounts are just the tier ship discounts and mod discounts, etc etc. Dont think they are related to anything but the timeframe (edit: which doesnt even match up).

Edit: fixed a thing and clarifying how I am interpreting that sentence in the news

That sentence, at the beginning of the article/news, is an overview of what the news post is going to be about. The in-game discounts, is talking about this part of the article. Notice the dates do not align though. So if you plan on using any of these do it before nov 26th and not nov 30th.

In-Game Discounts and Bonuses

From November 22, 3:20 AM PT (UTC-8) to November 26, 3:20 AM PT (UTC-8), don't miss this opportunity to save doubloons and credits when purchasing Premium ships, slots, and consumables!

• You can convert Elite Commander XP into Free XP at the cost of 1 doubloon for 25 35 Elite Commander XP;
  • –50% to the cost of Port slots in doubloons;
  • –60% to the cost of consumables in credits;
  • –50% to the cost of modernizations in credits;
  • –50% to the cost of Equal Speed Charlie London, India Bravo Terrathree, Zulu, Papa Papa, and Zulu Hotel signals in doubloons;
  • –60% to the cost of "Type 1", "Type 2", "Type 5", "Type 6", and "Type 59" camouflage patterns in credits and doubloons;
  • –50% to the cost of US researchable Tier II–V ships in credits;
  • –30% to the cost of US researchable Tier VI–VII ships in credits;
  • –15% to the cost of US researchable Tier VIII–X ships in credits;
  • –50% to the cost of US Tier V battleship Texas in doubloons;
  • –30% to the cost of US Tier VII destroyer Sims and Tier VII cruiser Indianapolis in doubloons;
  • –15% to the cost of US Tier VIII destroyer Kidd and Tier VIII battleship Alabama in doubloons.
Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

Members
33 posts
2,413 battles

I got a 30% if coupon for any “packages” or some word like that implying if I bought more than one of something. I used it for $10 off the 6 pack of bf containers which awarded me the Tirpitz B and Jap destroyer Asamushi or whatever.

Sign in to follow this