You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CAPTMUDDXX

PSA Turkey Shoot!

15 comments in this topic

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,122 posts
13,382 battles

Just an observation. If there is a prize yielding turkey on your team it is a good bet that your opponents are going to try and sink it perhaps even with a concerted effort! Therefore it stands to reason that if a few if not most or all of the team made an effort to protect said team turkey the opponents will come to them! That just might work better than the SCATTER LIKE ROACHES TACTIC that usually prevails and results in defeat! 

But hey Whatever Floats Your Boat!

This Public Service Announcement brought to you by Turkey 266! See you out there on the Turkey Briny Seas!

• Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
106 posts
5,948 battles
54 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

it is a good bet that your opponents are going to try and sink it

Yep, most of my games as a turkey have had way over one million potential damage in tier five and six games. Way more than that in higher tiers. So when they are shooting me, you should be shooting them! I have seen players Ignore ships right in front of them  just to shoot at me farther away. Lots of yolo's to try and sink me also. I had a CV send his planes at me all game! Lots of fun out there, these are such awesome events. So glad to be involved with the one.

Turkey_39

Edited by JBR40
spelling
  • Cool 1

[FART]
Members
126 posts
5,059 battles

I make a point to tell my teammates "Hey, they're gonna be focus firing at me, get some good shots in" while I move into a position that draws the enemy closer to me, and into a crossfire. Works a heck of a lot better as an event_turkey than it does in regular play...not to mention just the presence of a turkey on the team seems to seriously impact team communication (mostly) in a good way!

• Cool 1

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,122 posts
13,382 battles

@JBR40    Yes indeed! I suggest they support me but Noooooo! They all just scatter like roaches put still fail to avoid getting stomped!

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
10,340 posts
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Just an observation. If there is a prize yielding turkey on your team it is a good bet that your opponents are going to try and sink it perhaps even with a concerted effort! Therefore it stands to reason that if a few if not most or all of the team made an effort to protect said team turkey the opponents will come to them! That just might work better than the SCATTER LIKE ROACHES TACTIC that usually prevails and results in defeat! 

This Public Service Announcement brought to you by Turkey 266! See you out there on the Turkey Briny Seas!

Don't be a turkey, problem solved.....:Smile_trollface:

• Funny 2

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,122 posts
13,382 battles

@awiggin I signed up for the event was accepted so I must be a turkey through tomorrow evening. Being the object for another's good fortune is great. Team mate Roaches are going to scatter just Potatoes Potate!

[RKLES]
Members
7,507 posts
9,538 battles
1 hour ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Lol what do think this is a Corgi Fleet event where Corgi Captains play well and the teams support and protect them?

Nope this is a Turkey Shoot event... Sounds like it’s living up to the name to me... :Smile_trollface:

Really miss Niko and the awesome Corgi Fleet events, true Niko tended to be more selective about who sailed with the fleet so that it was usually trusted and respectable members of the Forum Community that sailed in the Events. So said players could play well and rally the teams to sail with them and fight well. Although did often mean that newer players would not get a shot at the Corgi fleets until they had a good reputation built up and some experience in game.

Now Pirate and Turkey events still pull a few veterans in, but also seems to allow plenty of newer players a shot at doing it as well which is not without merits as an idea, but does effect overall average of how well battles with event players are played. Like if you are a smart veteran player you will have enough experience to talk to your team in such a way that you can rally at least part of the team if not all of it to deploy in useful and maybe even logical manner if your instructions are polite and make sense. But if you are still a rookie or relatively so, then often the teams will sense it and chaos is far more likely to happen.

[RKLES]
Members
7,507 posts
9,538 battles
45 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@awiggin I signed up for the event was accepted so I must be a turkey through tomorrow evening. Being the object for another's good fortune is great. Team mate Roaches are going to scatter just Potatoes Potate!

Allow me to bestow upon you my experiences being a Corgi Captain and a Pirate...

( And yes this picture sums it up quite well...)

55C17DA2-95D6-497E-87FC-4252CB599587.thumb.jpeg.5db1a022303916943d8391a4f429dbba.jpeg

• Cool 1

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,122 posts
13,382 battles

@Admiral_Thrawn_1 one would think a team would make at least a semblance of effort to keep an opponent from winning goodies. But no! Its one or 2 turkeys and the rest YOLOIDIOTS!

[LEGIT]
Members
1,373 posts
21,852 battles

I thank all the turkeys for their noble sacrifice. 

I was in a battle earlier on the ( very ) losing team, and the red turkey in a low HP AZ could have turned tail and ran after I hit in my Warspite.  One more salvo would do it I figured.  And instead of hiding and running he took my last salvo at game end and died like a noble bird.  Win for his team, win for me, and everyone goes happily onto the next battle.  Except maybe the other 11 on my team, but they were mostly dead anyway.  Point is I think he really got in the spirit of the event and gave up the gold when he didn't have to.

[-BMV-]
Members
1,209 posts
5,725 battles

I just got out of a game with a turkey who was full health when I ran in to him at the end of the match. I was thoroughly surprised I thought my team would have been gunning for him.  

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
261 posts
13,007 battles

One question, can turkeys play CV?

:cap_haloween:

I mean...one of the Shokaku sisters was present at the real Turkey Shoot...

Edited by AbyssAngkor

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,056 posts
4,725 battles

i always tell the teammates to use the turkey as a bait.

i don't know why but they ARE ALWAYS ONY MY TEAM