Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
SilentSeaDog

Feedback: Duplicate Premium Ships

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5
[HMCSC]
Members
10 posts
2,941 battles

Like many people who bought the Tripitz B, Atago B, Asashio B, Massachusettes B ships, I found out afterward the Gold Rush combat mission is only playable with the original Tripitz, Atago, Asashio and Massachusettes ships. I am not mad because I understand WoWs logic to give a discount to players who already own the original ships and would also like the black version, but I have two points I'd like to put forward.

First, I'd like to explicitly request that any future combat missions for ships with duplicate versions be open to and playable with all duplicate ship versions.

Secondly, the practice of reselling premium ships is not ideal to me and I'm sure many players would agree. Having multiple Tripitz ships for example means retraining multiple captains, or paying doubloons to switch a single captain back and forth to avoid the -50% skill retraining penalty.

There is also no guarantee that future combat missions can be completed with both duplicate ships, potentially leaving players without both ships out in the cold.

I understand WoWs needs to keep profitable and reselling existing ships likely is much more cost effective and logistically simpler than developing new ship models.

However I would rather WoWs sell permanent camouflages instead of reselling duplicate ships. So players can either buy the ship with the new permanent camo, or have the option to buy the camo by itself if they already have the ship.

Thank you.

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,811
[TBW]
Members
6,607 posts
12,463 battles
12 minutes ago, SilentSeaDog said:

or paying doubloons to switch a single captain back and forth to avoid the -50% skill retraining penalty.

There is no penalty for Captains on Premium Ships.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
112
[LANCE]
Members
365 posts
3,665 battles

As previous poster said, there’s no penalty for moving Captains between premium ships. For example, if you have a tech tree German BB, CL/CA, DD Captain you can move them to the Tirpitz/Tirpitz B (or both) with out retraining them. Obviously the Captain skills chosen may not be best suited for the Tirpitz if it’s a DD Captain but you’ll still earn Capt XP for him.

This is the same for any other premiums. As long as the Captain is of the nation your premium is in, you can use him in the premium.

I have a Minotaur Capt I train in my Gallant, Cossack, Warspite, Hood, Vanguard and Belfast. Although the skills chosen aren’t ideal for all ships, I can move him into any of these premiums at no cost.

Hooe this helps and good luck!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
693
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,149 posts
13,552 battles

If anything good is offered! There is always someone to complain about it not being exactly to their liking! 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,011
[SALVO]
Members
17,714 posts
18,486 battles
45 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

If anything good is offered! There is always someone to complain about it not being exactly to their liking! 

Sorry, MUDD, but this idea of selling a total copy of the same ship with nothing more than a different camo is ridiculous bovine excrement.  What they should have done, for example, is sold the regular Tirpitz in a bundle that included the Black camo.  And at the same time, also included the Black Tirpitz perma-camo by itself.  This nonsense of selling duplicates of the same ship is monstrously annoying, and is not "something good".

  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
693
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,149 posts
13,552 battles

@Crucis my apologies for CV torp TKing you the other day! I auto drop and unfortunately your arrival was not expected so close to my target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,011
[SALVO]
Members
17,714 posts
18,486 battles
10 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

@Crucis my apologies for CV torp TKing you the other day! I auto drop and unfortunately your arrival was not expected so close to my target.

Didn't realize that I'd been TK'd.  No problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33
[TAC-B]
Beta Testers
116 posts
9,409 battles

Seriously, how could anyone propose this as being reasonable:

1) buy 'ship X' which comes with a mission offering 2500 doubloons
2) to unlock said mission, you need to play one battle in 'ship X'
3) but to actually do the unlocked mission and earn the 2500 doubloons, you have to run 'ship Y' 

To me, the tied mission thing - where the purchase of 'black ship X' unlocks a mission for 'regular ship X'- which requires ownership of both, sounds like a programming mixup that they are just pushing past.  Yes, they added a belated note on the premium shop page now saying the mission has to be done on the regular ship....but I don't recall that being on the page, when it first came out.

As it turns out, I have all four base models so when/if black versions show up in crates, I'm good to go on the missions.   I don't know how many of the B ship purchasers are in the same situation, and it seems unfair to offer a conditional mission requiring ownership of an essentially identical premium ship to get the promised mission.  

Personally, I'd argue that WG, on request, should either credit 2500 gold to any buyer of a "B" ship that doesn't have the required premium non-B needed to do the offered mission, or offer them a substantial discount on buying the ship required to access the promised mission.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[WOLFA]
Members
31 posts
9,179 battles
On 11/29/2018 at 8:53 AM, joel9507 said:

Seriously, how could anyone propose this as being reasonable:

1) buy 'ship X' which comes with a mission offering 2500 doubloons
2) to unlock said mission, you need to play one battle in 'ship X'
3) but to actually do the unlocked mission and earn the 2500 doubloons, you have to run 'ship Y' 

To me, the tied mission thing - where the purchase of 'black ship X' unlocks a mission for 'regular ship X'- which requires ownership of both, sounds like a programming mixup that they are just pushing past.  Yes, they added a belated note on the premium shop page now saying the mission has to be done on the regular ship....but I don't recall that being on the page, when it first came out.

As it turns out, I have all four base models so when/if black versions show up in crates, I'm good to go on the missions.   I don't know how many of the B ship purchasers are in the same situation, and it seems unfair to offer a conditional mission requiring ownership of an essentially identical premium ship to get the promised mission.  

Personally, I'd argue that WG, on request, should either credit 2500 gold to any buyer of a "B" ship that doesn't have the required premium non-B needed to do the offered mission, or offer them a substantial discount on buying the ship required to access the promised mission.

To add to that I as one of the early buyers clicked on a link to quick buy the Asashio as I had been watching for a sale on her as its not that great of a ship. Link made 0 mention of mission requirements as added later after link was fixed so really I feel I and others that did this were scammed to a good degree.

 

Edited by PoP_56_61
spellin maybe more :0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×