You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
buddahcjcc

Learned what pink meant by trying out torpedoes

14 comments in this topic

Members
24 posts
108 battles

Fired what looked to be a perfect spread of torpedoes at a ship on my first mission in a torpedo ship, the ship I fired at pivoted so that they all missed but lined up perfectly on the friendly ship behind him.

Yeah I wore the pink a while after that -.-

This is how you learn lol

• Cool 3

[SOV]
Members
659 posts
11,565 battles
11 minutes ago, buddahcjcc said:

Fired what looked to be a perfect spread of torpedoes at a ship on my first mission in a torpedo ship, the ship I fired at pivoted so that they all missed but lined up perfectly on the friendly ship behind him.

It happened to everyone once!

• Cool 2

[CK5]
Members
834 posts
7,078 battles
17 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

It happened to everyone once!

Some players never make the connection so it happens more often for them. 

[NG-NL]
Members
5,108 posts
8,510 battles

It can occasionally happen when tunnel visioned. Had to turn hard earlier because a Mahan did just that to my Lion! Happened to me a couple times I got destroyed by a teammate because he fired torps at wrong time and I was too busy fighting to notice until my ship abruptly exploded.

Can make people salty.

[5D5]
Members
2,401 posts
14,988 battles

OMG a pink thread where the OP isn't blaming the friendly that got hit...nominate this for thread of the year.

OP sounds like he learned from his error which I commend. Good luck and may your torps be painful to the enemy (only).

Edited by 1SneakyDevil
  • Funny 2

[WOLF9]
Members
1,149 posts
1 hour ago, buddahcjcc said:

He was obviously a collaborator and had it coming.

• Funny 1

[B_Y_F]
Members
108 posts
6,350 battles

Once in my Asashio...... 2 tropedos from a volley kill a red BB 4km away from me and  the rest of that volley kill a friendly BB retreating at 19km......I did not even notice that before that BB player start $*%#% me.:cap_tea:

[CSALT]
Members
262 posts

It happens to everyone sooner or later.  I had a harder time with CV torpedoes than I ever did with DD torps.

Lately I've found that the IJN cruisers are more lilely to put torpedoes into teammates than any DD out there.  Had a Atago do two torpedo runs at me trying to get the red BB on my other side.  Credit to the red BB driver for keeping me between themself and the 'friendly' Atago though.

Members
1,035 posts
13,270 battles

The ratio of how many times I've been hit by team mates as opposed to how many team mates have been hit by me is one of the few stats they don't keep track of anywhere but maybe it should be.

As others have said it happens to everyone at one time or another. Apologize when you do it and shrug it off when it happens to you; no biggie either way especially in the torpedo soup we have to sail through.

• Cool 1

Members
24 posts
108 battles
3 hours ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

OMG a pink thread where the OP isn't blaming the friendly that got hit...nominate this for thread of the year.

OP sounds like he learned from his error which I commend. Good luck and may your torps be painful to the enemy (only).

Ive learned not to fire torps without considering whats behind them. I have yet to learn that firing them then ducking behind an island would be much cooler if I fired before the torps were firing right into the island :p

I have yet to get the campaign mission to kill 1 ship with torps or even hit one ship with them :p

Out of curiosity, Ive noticed the campaign mission has little completion bars over them if you do the final mission. What do you get for filling up the bar lol

[WOLFC]
Members
423 posts
6,188 battles
5 hours ago, buddahcjcc said:

If it doesn't happen sooner or later, you've either never been in the "fog of war" or you "walk on water". 

Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt ... in more than 1 color. ... I swear, it jumped in front of me! :Smile_ohmy:

car.jpg

Members
182 posts
5,356 battles

Ya big thing is to make sure to say sorry. Lots of players want to blame the target. Best way to find out how extensive my barracks vocabulary is, is to torpedo me then try to tell me it was my fault. A sorry always gets a " sh*t happens :p" and  a move on.

[SYN]
Members
576 posts
6,640 battles
11 hours ago, Cirdane said:

Lots of players want to blame the target

I have wanted to do that. I fire torps at a red BB and an Allied BB moves closer to the reds than I believed possible or advisable. 

It was my limited thoughts on tactics, not the allied ship movements that caused the team damage. 

• Cool 1