You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Different cv play for pc and console?

13 comments in this topic

[SOV]
Members
660 posts
11,569 battles

After looking at the "tech tree" for cv it makes one wonder if the cv re-work is well thought out?

This move is to grab a mythical player base for console and mobile. Like so many entertainment company's these days like Actavision Blizzard Sony (it seems like all of them) they are telling there current customers to go away we want this other group.

WG instead of trashing your current customers why not just leave the cv as is for PC and make the re-work for consol and moble only?

Bizzard is finding out the current player base does not want mobile and the candy crush crowd does not want wow.

Instead of telling your current customers to "deal with it" why not just make a new experance for moble and console?

And for the cv hater there will be more changes to accomdate the mythical moble customer and next time it will your ship and your game. So dont get on the horse and say yea cv suck because time its your ship that being done away with.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 6
  • Angry 1

[HINON]
Members
9,350 posts

Because most of the PC playerbase has clamored for a rework or hasn't touched cvs period because the system is not very intuitive for new players. They would have made a rework regardless of consoles.

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Members
2,584 posts
5,591 battles

My thoughts on this is there really is no master plan as to where the CV gameplay/interface will fully develop as until the public release. I really think WOW is winging it as it goes as its seems to be adjustment here and there and a delete or add-on as it progresses. Thats my view of it and yours will vary which is not wrong either.  My gut feeling is that the CV intermeshing is not a good fit...It's going to be pretty much the way it is with squadrons as being tested now OR become a WOWp Add in where there will be Pilot recruits not CV Captains.  That way WG can get some side interest from WOWp to join in WOWs so to speak. Is that far fetched?  At this juncture I will not be surprised in the least as to what will pop out.   Anyone care to guess what the possible future(s) will hold ??    As for Console games - I KNOW it takes some big upfront money to get them developed and the risk is high of failure but then again..if you don't take risks you will never know.  I mean who would have known Candy Crush would have been a hit at one point. !!!

[SOV]
Members
660 posts
11,569 battles
54 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Yet another misinformed thread from the CV potato crowd.

Haters have no place in a civil conversation

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[SYN]
Members
7,338 posts
7,771 battles

We've been screaming for a cv rework for years, and while we're getting it, it isnt going to work. That said, the rework isnt for consoles, the rework is because CV's are broken trash, period.

• Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
660 posts
11,569 battles
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Because most of the PC playerbase has clamored for a rework or hasn't touched cvs period because the system is not very intuitive for new players. They would have made a rework regardless of consoles.

Tyre but they never really listen to the community about rebalancing. They did not even ask Farazella to Russia for CC conference.

• Bad 1

[SOV]
Members
660 posts
11,569 battles
1 hour ago, dionkraft said:

My thoughts on this is there really is no master plan as to where the CV gameplay/interface will fully develop as until the public release. I really think WOW is winging it as it goes as its seems to be adjustment here and there and a delete or add-on as it progresses. Thats my view of it and yours will vary which is not wrong either.  My gut feeling is that the CV intermeshing is not a good fit...It's going to be pretty much the way it is with squadrons as being tested now OR become a WOWp Add in where there will be Pilot recruits not CV Captains.  That way WG can get some side interest from WOWp to join in WOWs so to speak. Is that far fetched?  At this juncture I will not be surprised in the least as to what will pop out.   Anyone care to guess what the possible future(s) will hold ??    As for Console games - I KNOW it takes some big upfront money to get them developed and the risk is high of failure but then again..if you don't take risks you will never know.  I mean who would have known Candy Crush would have been a hit at one point. !!!

Your probably right when it comes to a master plan. One would think there would be but it doez seem like a lets try this thing Somtimes.

I have heard that wot wow amd woo would be on the same map at the same time. That might be a pie in the sky dream. It would be cool.

Not having fighter control just seems very strange that what makes this not cv play.

Do you think they could have a pc verson and a console version?

[5D5]
Members
2,403 posts
15,016 battles
9 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Haters have no place in a civil conversation

Making baseless accusations that mimic about a dozen threads saying the same thing makes all of you the haters. Sorry but not sorry.

7 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Tyre but they never really listen to the community about rebalancing. They did not even ask Farazella to Russia for CC conference.

ROFL...are you kidding? Many of the changes in the game are due to community complaints, so to name a few:

- Open water firing

- DD concealment

- Last mini CV changes implemented before this rework

- USN high tier BB citadels

- Hakuryu / Midway rebalance

- Detection after firing in smoke

Also they hired one of the game's best CV players in Femennely to work for WG. I think they got it covered.

• Cool 2

[SOV]
Members
660 posts
11,569 battles
3 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Making baseless accusations that mimic about a dozen threads saying the same thing makes all of you the haters. Sorry but not sorry.

ROFL...are you kidding? Many of the changes in the game are due to community complaints, so to name a few:

- Open water firing

- DD concealment

- Last mini CV changes implemented before this rework

- USN high tier BB citadels

- Hakuryu / Midway rebalance

- Detection after firing in smoke

Also they hired one of the game's best CV players in Femennely to work for WG. I think they got it covered.

19 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

We've been screaming for a cv rework for years, and while we're getting it, it isnt going to work. That said, the rework isnt for consoles, the rework is because CV's are broken trash, period.

Another hater. Please go to another thread.

• Boring 2
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

Members
2,584 posts
5,591 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

Your probably right when it comes to a master plan. One would think there would be but it doez seem like a lets try this thing Somtimes.

I have heard that wot wow amd woo would be on the same map at the same time. That might be a pie in the sky dream. It would be cool.

Not having fighter control just seems very strange that what makes this not cv play.

Do you think they could have a pc verson and a console version?

For Game companies having a version on console and PC is a prestigious position to be in. Better also to have a mobile version also as free to entice players to get them into the PC or console to rake in more bucks. But this business model has not always bore fruit for each and every company.  I think it depends on the game...some make it and some don't.  As for me....here goes..console games were as a whole pretty arcady and took 2nd fiddle as opposed to PC games. PC Games due to superior hardware availability were always considered the best platform. Well  now, those consoles are packing a lot of power and in some ways..they are just as good as almost high end PCs. Add to the fact that consoles architecture is uniform, they don't suffer problems of software drivers, OS configuration and other ailments PC's do.  Because I said that, WG may want to program as much as possible the same keys and features to unify both platforms to make it easy for themselves.  So in a sense..the PC players may have to contend with Console controller devices in the future.  Thats my take but a I said..some game companies have not been successful with this view and had to back track due to sudden financial reversals because some idea was so surefire ended nose dived into a mountain!   I had some high hopes for CV's but now I'm not so sure anymore....

I for one would consider more a WOWp idea where there is no CV to play but its a ship thats off a distance where the enemy cannot destroy it but could hit it.   CV could distance itself from enemy ships then be concealed when far enough away.   When it detects no enemy ships it can go toward the 'border' so that flight distance is shorter for its players.  As for CV players..they would be mere pilots on one man missions which can fly the stock versions of planes for that tier battle BUT also..wait theres is MORE...Premium Planes at the disposal of that pilot.  Yeah..you guessed it..would be a WHALE of a Pilot LOL!  AND also premium ammo and whatever else you can think of.hey even smoke as well..as that was a real function.  You fly your mission and whether you have unlimited or limited planes..I can't decide on that..someone else will.  You have to fly back (if you survive) and land..reload.  OR if you choose the same plane..you swoop the deck close enough for instant reload..just like Battlefield1942.   Thats my vision. BUT thats me...In a sense this might promote some team play as other pilots can take off and hover for others to take off and go as a team to strike together a enemy ship...Maybe I'm dreaming LOL!!! 

navy-planes1.jpg

Langley Smoke Screen.jpg

Edited by dionkraft

[WGA]
Administrator
746 posts
309 battles

Folks while we do want feedback on upcoming CV changes, we do ask you provide this feedback constructively.  If you have concerns about our forum policies, please let me know via PM.