Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Iron_Salvo921

Radio Location or CE?

9 comments in this topic

[UTWE]
Members
210 posts
2,824 battles

I am currently getting close to being able to get my next 4 point skill on my Jutland, I intend to keep this commander on the Jutland because I love it so much and have another commander ready for when I get Daring. I already have IFHE but I was wondering if it was more useful to get Radio Location or CE on Jutland, I was kinda leaning towards Radio Location for Jutland then put CE on Daring (obviously IFHE too) so that they're a little different, I'd like some variety but what do you guys think?

[TOG]
Members
2,732 posts
15,706 battles
1 hour ago, Iron_Salvo921 said:

I am currently getting close to being able to get my next 4 point skill on my Jutland, I intend to keep this commander on the Jutland because I love it so much and have another commander ready for when I get Daring. I already have IFHE but I was wondering if it was more useful to get Radio Location or CE on Jutland, I was kinda leaning towards Radio Location for Jutland then put CE on Daring (obviously IFHE too) so that they're a little different, I'd like some variety but what do you guys think?

Radio location is the 2nd/3rd  4 point CO skill you pick.  CE is the first one due to being a game where he who is spotted first tends to die first.

• Cool 1

[UTWE]
Members
210 posts
2,824 battles
3 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Radio location is the 2nd/3rd  4 point CO skill you pick.  CE is the first one due to being a game where he who is spotted first tends to die first.

My concealment is 7km and alot of times I get outspotted by ships other then RU DDs but since RN DDs are defensive DDs I don't usually go to a place on the map without islands and I NEVER chase a ship that's running away from me because of the speed, so I think it would be useful but I don't know more useful then Radio Location...

[TOG]
Members
2,732 posts
15,706 battles
49 minutes ago, Iron_Salvo921 said:

My concealment is 7km and alot of times I get outspotted by ships other then RU DDs but since RN DDs are defensive DDs I don't usually go to a place on the map without islands and I NEVER chase a ship that's running away from me because of the speed, so I think it would be useful but I don't know more useful then Radio Location...

He who is spotted first dies first. Doesn't have to be visual. Hiding behind an island..get radared the moment the cap turns red/green. A DD with 5.4 km doesn't even have to shoot you. Just keep you spotted for his buddies to shoot at you. One reason I prefer lighting over Jutland/Daring.

[ARGSY]
Members
65 posts
3,559 battles

Bill is right. Concealment with the Jervis and Icarus is only middle of the pack but with the tier 8 lightning it becomes about one of the best in the game. RN dds are not passive. Used correctly they are cap bullies and if you are playing passive and hiding you are helping your team lose. 

Members
1,034 posts
95 battles
On 11/25/2018 at 12:25 AM, Iron_Salvo921 said:

Unless you are a Khaba (and even then not always), CE is mandatory for DDs. You are useless to your team if you constantly get outspotted and there's not even a point to have RPF if other DD will always outspot you by miles. Strange question.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,419 posts
10,071 battles

Much better to actually see that enemy DD that is spotting you rather than just know where he is detecting you from.

If you can't see him, you can't shoot him. But all his buddies can shoot you.

If you can see him, YOU get to decide whether to pursue or try and run away.

If you see him first, YOU get to decide whether to attack or try and run away.

Being able to get a little bit closer for a stealth torp launch is HUGE!

Being able to go dark 20 seconds sooner is  HUGE!

For most DDs not named Khabarovsk, concealment is life.

Sign in to follow this