You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Explodingdeath

Personal mission Massachusetts

29 comments in this topic

[ROG]
Members
16 posts
8,558 battles

Ummm  I received the Massachusetts-B but my personal mission requires the Massachusetts......um i cannot complete it with a Massachusetts-B.....seems like that should be fixed.

• Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
442 posts
6,228 battles

Please note that after you purchase bundles with black ships, these missions can only be completed on standard Tirpitz, Asashio, Atago, and Massachusetts ships.

If you haven't played the ship yet, and don't want it under these conditions, you may be able to get a refund by submitting a trouble ticket.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,651 posts
13,211 battles

The mission is intended as a compensation for people who have the original Massachusetts.

• Cool 1

[FYL]
Members
253 posts
1,476 battles

You can put in a request for a refund, one of the Devs said they'd honor it if anyone bought it because of the original description or because they didn't realize you needed the standard version

[WOLF7]
Members
10,359 posts
1 hour ago, Explodingdeath said:

Ummm  I received the Massachusetts-B but my personal mission requires the Massachusetts......um i cannot complete it with a Massachusetts-B.....seems like that should be fixed.

Working as intended....:Smile_glasses:

WG wasn't going to give you a 60% discount on the ship, Black Friday or not....:Smile_teethhappy:

• Bad 2

[WOLF3]
Members
6,927 posts
2,724 battles

The description of the black ships states very clearly that they are different ships than the non-black varieties.  Thus a mission for a non-black ship cannot be fulfilled by a black ship.  Still confused?

[ROG]
Members
16 posts
8,558 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

The mission is intended as a compensation for people who have the original Massachusetts.

Then why wouldn't be a camo...then i would just buy the ship....I received it in a BF container and WHEN do you get a personal mission for a ship you don't have? 

I have resented WG since they change the container flags from 5 to 4.....it was the writing on the wall for me and this just pisses me off.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
152 posts
3,405 battles

I think its a bug. Otherwise, why is this mission listed at ALL for me as a personal mission? I don't have the plain Asashio, I only have the B. The mission shouldn't even show up at all, but there it is, under my personal missions. They might as well list all the personal missions for the other Tier 10 ships I don't have as well? I could have those missions if I had those ships, but I don't... just like I don't have the Asashio. But there it is, showing the mission. 

And if it isn't a bug, it is horribly misleading.

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
152 posts
3,405 battles
3 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

The description of the black ships states very clearly that they are different ships than the non-black varieties.  Thus a mission for a non-black ship cannot be fulfilled by a black ship.  Still confused?

FYI - that isn't what the original wording said. Still confused as to why people are upset about it?

• Cool 1

[ROG]
Members
16 posts
8,558 battles
3 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Why would I get a personal mission for a ship I don't have It makes no sense. If they wanted to just give it to players with a Massachusetts they why didn't they just give them the mission, not people without it.....nothing you say can explain that or compensate for how stupid it is.

• Cool 3

[DIEBL]
Members
518 posts
5,648 battles
3 minutes ago, Explodingdeath said:

Then why wouldn't be a camo...then i would just buy the ship....I received it in a BF container and WHEN do you get a personal mission for a ship you don't have? 

I have resented WG since they change the container flags from 5 to 4.....it was the writing on the wall for me and this just pisses me off.

3 minutes ago, TheArc said:

I think its a bug. Otherwise, why is this mission listed at ALL for me as a personal mission? I don't have the plain Asashio, I only have the B. The mission shouldn't even show up at all, but there it is, under my personal missions. They might as well list all the personal missions for the other Tier 10 ships I don't have as well? I could have those missions if I had those ships, but I don't... just like I don't have the Asashio. But there it is, showing the mission. 

And if it isn't a bug, it is horribly misleading.

It is a mission attached to the black ship that requires the regular version for completion as written in the product descriptions.

Edited by SmokeHenge

[WOLF3]
Members
6,927 posts
2,724 battles
2 minutes ago, Explodingdeath said:

Why would I get a personal mission for a ship I don't have It makes no sense. If they wanted to just give it to players with a Massachusetts they why didn't they just give them the mission, not people without it.....nothing you say can explain that or compensate for how stupid it is.

Simple.  Because they know that you obtained the B ship but have no way of knowing whether or not you have the A ship.  So they bundle the mission with the B ship and let those that can do it, do, and those that can't, complain.

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
152 posts
3,405 battles
21 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Simple.  Because they know that you obtained the B ship but have no way of knowing whether or not you have the A ship

They could VERY easily check to see if you have the A or not. The same way they can check to see if you already have the ship and just give the doubloons. I'm curious iDuckman, why do you care at all? Are you just here to be condescending and dismissive to those of us who feel cheated by something that we had expected by our purchases?

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,933 posts
5,426 battles

It was a poor design choice.

They really ought to have just sold the black camo separately and given it away free in loot boxes as an inducement to buy the corresponding ship for it.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,592 posts
13,627 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Slattery said:

I have 3 of those missions now.  When do they disappear?  They're clogging up my view!

Jan 31st … Oooo yeah, that's 2 months for people to look at a mission they can't complete lol … Ohhhh WG, when WILL you learn :)

Unlessssssss, the new sales strategy is to make us buy original boats to get rid of the promotion? Russians do things differently 

I actually paid money to keep the 4 clones out of X-mas pool lol 

Edited by Commander_367

[WOLF3]
Members
6,927 posts
2,724 battles
1 hour ago, TheArc said:

They could VERY easily check to see if you have the A or not.

Apparently it's not that easy or they would. 

They do track what you buy in the Premium Shop, but they don't look in your Port.  For instance, I bought Smith in the shop and earned Tachibana Lima in a mission.  Now the shop offers me a "one-time just for you!" deal on TL, but not on Smith.  It doesn't know that I have TL.

Access to a player's game data seems to be off limits to the Shop.  Would it be nice if they could get at it?  In a way, yes.  In another way, no.  It could seriously complicate the programming of the Shop pages, and potentially expose private data.  I'm not upset about the Chinese wall.

1 hour ago, TheArc said:

Are you just here to be condescending and dismissive to those of us who feel cheated

Ah yes.  Feelings über alles.  As you will.

• Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,927 posts
2,724 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Slattery said:

I have 3 of those missions now.  When do they disappear?  They're clogging up my view!

Now that's a feature I'd support.  If I have no intention of completing a mission, let me remove it from my missions list.

[WOLF7]
Members
10,359 posts
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Now that's a feature I'd support.  If I have no intention of completing a mission, let me remove it from my missions list.

But why should it be needed in this case? WG did the least amount of work possible, they could have easily run a check to see if you had the original ship, then posted the mission if it were there.

But it seems like WG would rather inflame some players than actually put some effort into their code....:Smile_facepalm:

[WOLF3]
Members
6,927 posts
2,724 battles
35 minutes ago, awiggin said:

they could have easily run a check to see if you had the original ship,

See above.

I was thinking also of the constant Clan Battles teasers, when I don't play CB.  (Wolf, arooo!)  And the missions for ships I don't have, or don't want to use.  Nobilium Quest is still up, even though I don't have a CV and the modes it would be used in no longer exist. 

WG finds it easier to blast out unwanted missions?  Fine.  Let me hide them and I won't complain.

[WOLFC]
Members
442 posts
6,228 battles
4 hours ago, Captain_Slattery said:

2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

That would also be a good solution for all the "Opt-In" Missions ---> You get ALL missions, Comrade ... Remove the ones you don't want.  DA?!

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
152 posts
3,405 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Apparently it's not that easy or they would. 

They do track what you buy in the Premium Shop, but they don't look in your Port.  For instance, I bought Smith in the shop and earned Tachibana Lima in a mission.  Now the shop offers me a "one-time just for you!" deal on TL, but not on Smith.  It doesn't know that I have TL.

Access to a player's game data seems to be off limits to the Shop.  Would it be nice if they could get at it?  In a way, yes.  In another way, no.  It could seriously complicate the programming of the Shop pages, and potentially expose private data.  I'm not upset about the Chinese wall.

Ah yes.  Feelings über alles.  As you will.

Actually, sometimes things are quite easy but no one ever thinks of it. Being deep in the work that they have sometimes gives them a blindness to the things that people who aren't that deep in the work can spot easily. I've had that kind of issue with some of programming projects that I've worked on over the years.

And as to feelings uber alles, I'm still not sure why you are commenting aside from needling people who feel misled. What is your investment in it? Seriously, do you have that much free time in your life that you just want to be a thorn in the side for others? 

• Cool 1