You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Thank you WG for the Black Friday sales.

7 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
7,118 posts
4,839 battles

You got me to open my wallet. Again.

USS Sims - I've been curious about this ship for an age, and with a really good deal on a tech tree doubloon price, this was the time to pounce. 

Buying her seems to generalise what I observed for the Nelson - that tech-tree premium purchases do not include a port slot. Good thing I had a few open.

However, while I was picking up the doubloons to buy her, I also grabbed some to finish off the 2000 I needed for Gadjah Mada's permacamo and enough to buy 10 port slots while they were discounted. I rate these as good quality-of-life purchases with lasting benefits for the duration of the game.

With the handful-of-steel-per-T5+-ship thing looming sometime in the future, I also reacquired the Nicholas and the Omaha.

Putting modules on all these things is going to be expensive, but we have a discount right now (again thank you) and I have silver left to at least equip Cossack when I pick up the final guinea, hopefully sometime later today. Then Sims gets hers. Good thing I've got a couple of weeks of premium time up my sleeve right now!

The T5's I will play around with stock in co-op until after the snowflake event. Then I will sell them, probably for close to the price I bought them for.

• Cool 2

[HYDRO]
Members
1,823 posts
3,942 battles

Still waiting on a good general sale of  tech tree premium ships, here's hoping to some Christmas discounts.

Who knows, might get lucky with one of the free Black Friday containers "cue sitcom laughter". Am pretty satisfied by the collection however and especially the inclusion of Warspite in the missions, will pass Jervis soon and get started with Lightning with the permacamo; if she doesn't receive a nerf later on I smell a keeper.

Nevertheless 2 weeks left for me to grab the Cossack, and judging by NoZoups post I believe she will be quite fun.

Edited by warheart1992

[ARGSY]
Members
7,118 posts
4,839 battles
5 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Still waiting on a good general sale of  tech tree premium ships, here's hoping to some Christmas discounts.

Who knows, might get lucky with one of the free Black Friday containers "cue sitcom laughter". Am pretty satisfied by the collection however and especially the inclusion of Warspite in the missions, will pass Jervis soon and get started with Lightning with the permacamo; if she doesn't receive a nerf later on I smell a keeper.

Nevertheless 2 weeks left for me to grab the Cossack, and judging by NoZoups post I believe she will be quite fun.

Is the 10-guineas-for-1 deal not still available? Or have you missed enough missions that the slack it gives has all been absorbed? If you have every guinea so far, go see if that deal is still on (you have to log in through the main WG site; the in-game premium shop doesn't have it). You have to buy the last two guineas anyway; might as well get 10 for 1 and be ahead.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,823 posts
3,942 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Is the 10-guineas-for-1 deal not still available? Or have you missed enough missions that the slack it gives has all been absorbed? If you have every guinea so far, go see if that deal is still on (you have to log in through the main WG site; the in-game premium shop doesn't have it). You have to buy the last two guineas anyway; might as well get 10 for 1 and be ahead.

Nah, have bought the 10 guineas deal. I took some time off for a week, but then some urgent matters turned it into two weeks, so I missed some guineas then. Today after the final Directive will be at 43 Guineas, so just need 7 more in the following two Stages. Best case scenario all goes as planned and get it without trouble, worst case I give 4-5$ for a tier VIII premium, and based on recent events a good one at that.

[FARQD]
Members
446 posts
6,693 battles

Probably you could have waited for another month as port slots are discounted more heavily during Christmas, at least they did last year.

[WOLFC]
Members
412 posts
6,102 battles
46 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

USS Sims - I've been curious about this ship for an age, and with a really good deal on a tech tree doubloon price, this was the time to pounce.

Gotta agree, Cthulhu.  I don't have many premiums and needed a USN trainer. After getting the Blys on a good deal last month, I really like the level & style of play.

Thinking I'll put my US Ovechkin on her until I train up my Clemson enough to get Nicholas.  (USN DD line was one I never even started until recently)

Edited by DocWalker
spelling

[ARGSY]
Members
7,118 posts
4,839 battles
58 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

Probably you could have waited for another month as port slots are discounted more heavily during Christmas, at least they did last year.

This is true. However, I'm down to port slots I can count on one hand right now and I may wish to acquire other T5+ tech tree ships before 0.7.12 comes. Christmas spending will mostly be for santa crates, and I also have to set aside a chunk to convert free XP for Musashi if I can't grind it all out before she goes away. 

• Cool 1