You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

Seeking Container data. Please help. [updated]

21 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles

A friend of mine is engaged in creating a spreadsheet for to players track and summarize the contents of the daily containers that they receive.  Added:  We also intend to use the data for the purpose of establishing the drop rate of each item -- these aren't documented.

Updated:  Anyone who has replays enabled or who logs their container drops can help.  We need the data for container contents any time this year, especially after June 27 (when new resources e.g. Coal were introduced), for Credits, Signals, Consumables, and TYL.  Any format containing:

• Container type
  • Slot 1 contents (known)
  • Slot 2 contents
  • Slot 3 contents

Please note that this data need not be manually logged -- it can be extracted from your replay files by the MxStat program (assuming WG left you any replay files...).

Thank you in advance.  Please PM if you'd prefer, or attach upload here.

Edited by iDuckman
different needs, MxStat

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles

Okay, let me ask a more direct question:  Has anyone ever gotten something other than 4 signals as the first item in a More Signals & Camos container?

Answered: No.

Edited by iDuckman

[XBRTC]
Members
1,659 posts
7,914 battles
16 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Okay, let me ask a more direct question:  Has anyone ever gotten something other than 4 signals as the first item in a More Signals & Camos container?

No.

And if you stand by for a few minutes I'll get you my entire history of containers for the past year.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles
9 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

No.

And if you stand by for a few minutes I'll get you my entire history of containers for the past year.

Bless you, my son!

Standing by.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,659 posts
7,914 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Bless you, my son!

Standing by.

LT_Rusty_SWO-containers-2.xlsx

Sorry it took so long. New version of MXStat came out with new features for 7.11, and it had to re-process 2600+ battles. This is the container data, though. There are some try-your-luck containers, with 9 supercontainers for 115 TYLs. The TYLs show up as "Random Container." 

Not sure if you've used MXStat before, but GETTING a container and OPENING a container are on two separate lines. If all you want is to see what was received in the containers, filter out GETTING in the EVENT TYPE column. If you want to see what type of container was received vs requested, filter for GETTING, then compare BOX TYPE to NAME 1. (Forex, if I requested a TYL and got a small container of crap, it would be RANDOM CONTAINER and RANDOM CONTAINER. If I requested TYL and got a supercontainer, it would be RANDOM CONTAINER and SUPERCONTAINER. Same for resources / signals / whatever. 

If you filter for OPENING, then NAME 1 / NAME 2 / etc are the slots in the container, and you can see what was received in each slot.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles
52 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

The reason the specifics are there is because I put them there yesterday.  Re-wrote the whole first half of the article and threw out some incorrect info.  This data will go into the article too.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles
1 hour ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Sorry it took so long.

No problem, but it's going to take a smidgen longer.  I have Excel 2003, which can't handle .xlsx.  Please SaveAs .xls or even .cvs. 

Looking forward to it.  I had no idea mxstat was capable of this.

[WOLFC]
Members
438 posts
6,228 battles
16 hours ago, iDuckman said:

We need the data for container contents any time this year. 

I can start collecting data tomorrow, but will just a month+ be of value? 

I usually collect only 1 container a day, sometimes 2. And I usually pick resources now as well.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,659 posts
7,914 battles
6 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

No problem, but it's going to take a smidgen longer.  I have Excel 2003, which can't handle .xlsx.  Please SaveAs .xls or even .cvs. 

Looking forward to it.  I had no idea mxstat was capable of this.

Here you go!

LT_Rusty_SWO-containers-2003.xls

MXStat is a truly wonderful program. The amount and granularity of the data it can export is stunning. That said, you do need to upgrade Excel, or get OpenOffice or something that can read XLSX in order to use the exported data.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles
4 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

I can start collecting data tomorrow, but will just a month+ be of value? 

I usually collect only 1 container a day, sometimes 2. And I usually pick resources now as well.

Thanks, but continue collecting data for your own benefit.  I think your last month's will be a close parallel of ours, and we already have about 500 data points.  We're mostly interested in the non-Resources crates.

I do appreciate the offer.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles
9 minutes ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Here you go!

MXStat is a truly wonderful program. The amount and granularity of the data it can export is stunning. That said, you do need to upgrade Excel, or get OpenOffice or something that can read XLSX in order to use the exported data.

Apologies!  I mis-named the file _xlsx when I saved it (this forum s/w appends a bunch of crap to the end of the filename).  My Excel can translate it.  (I seem to recall installing a converter.) 

So received intact, with LOTS of data.  Thank you thank you.  And thanks for the hints about what data is meaningful.  If I have questions, this thread may rise from the nearly dead.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,659 posts
7,914 battles
41 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Apologies!  I mis-named the file _xlsx when I saved it (this forum s/w appends a bunch of crap to the end of the filename).  My Excel can translate it.  (I seem to recall installing a converter.) 

So received intact, with LOTS of data.  Thank you thank you.  And thanks for the hints about what data is meaningful.  If I have questions, this thread may rise from the nearly dead.

No problem! Any time you need data probes, let me know. Most of my clanmates are using MXStat so I should be able to get you pretty substantial data sets.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles

I may ask for more, especially from players that haven't moved over to all Resources since the Arsenal. 

Two questions for the general public:

1. Has anyone ever gotten 900 Coal (or any Coal) from a failed TYL container?  Answer:  Yes.
  2. Do More Credits or More Signals ever drop premium consumables now?  They used to, before the Arsenal.

Edited by iDuckman
1) answered.

[WOLFC]
Members
438 posts
6,228 battles
7 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

1. Has anyone ever gotten 900 Coal (or any Coal) from a failed TYL container?

1. Yes ... I remember because I was really surprised.  Definitely a TYL and IIRC, I got at least 2x Coal (900 sounds right) and maybe even a third item.

If anything similar occurs again I'll send you a screen shot.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles
1 minute ago, DocWalker said:

1. Yes ... I remember because I was really surprised.  Definitely a TYL and IIRC, I got at least 2x Coal (900 sounds right) and maybe even a third item.

If anything similar occurs again I'll send you a screen shot.

One never gets more than one item in a TYL container, Super or failed.  But I'll accept the evidence until disproven.  Thanks.

[PVE]
Members
147 posts
4,612 battles
3 hours ago, iDuckman said:

1. Has anyone ever gotten 900 Coal (or any Coal) from a failed TYL container?

Can confirm.

Spoiler

shot-18_10.20_23_53.52-0461--900Coal-TYLfail.thumb.jpg.acd77bcd83cb111e7d3a876943cd2651.jpg

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles
43 minutes ago, Amaruk said:

Can confirm.

I've never seen it, never doing TYL.  Nor have my other data sources.  But obviously it's a thing.  Thanks. 

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles

Here's another question:

1. Have you ever gotten a Port Slot out of a More Resources container?