You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Taylor3006

Clan Wars Rental Ships Bug (?)

11 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,962 posts
18,838 battles

I recently unlocked and purchased some tier 10s including the Gearing and Hindenburg. Just have them in port, rarely use Hindy and today I played a match with a tier 8 ship and that unlocked my CW rental ships (Yam, Gearing, Hindenburg). I didn't think much of it, and since the modules are half price, I outfitted them all with them. Afterwards I got to looking, I have two Gearings (mine and the rental) and two Hindenburgs (again mine and rental).... Is this a bug? I mean I should be using my tier 10s not the rentals in CWs.... Anyways this does not seem right so my questions are #1, is this a bug? My second question is if this is a bug and they remove them, will my modules be demounted for free and put into inventory like when they change rental ships?

[VW]
Members
2,054 posts
12,917 battles

My question is are there clan wars? Last night the button was dark and no time was given for the start.

Edited by monpetitloup

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,962 posts
18,838 battles

I think it is coming up fairly soon. Normally only play a match to farm the flags so don't pay it attention honestly. 

[PIZZA]
Supertester
922 posts
19,425 battles

Clan Battles starts on Wed the 28th of Nov as per the news article about Clan battles.   The rentals can only be used in Clan battles, which is why you have 2 of each.  Good luck in CB's!

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,962 posts
18,838 battles
Just now, BaronVonTom said:

The rentals can only be used in Clan battles, which is why you have 2 of each.  Good luck in CB's!

Yeah I get the idea of rentals for ships you don't own, makes sense. What I am asking is why do they give me a rental Gearing and Hindy when I own a Gearing and a Hindy?

[PIZZA]
Supertester
922 posts
19,425 battles
7 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah I get the idea of rentals for ships you don't own, makes sense. What I am asking is why do they give me a rental Gearing and Hindy when I own a Gearing and a Hindy?

Well, that is a good question now isn't it.  I also have all 3 and got the rentals.....and yes, it is a pain looking at rentals in your port when you don't need them.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,962 posts
18,838 battles
1 hour ago, BaronVonTom said:

Well, that is a good question now isn't it.  I also have all 3 and got the rentals.....and yes, it is a pain looking at rentals in your port when you don't need them.

Yeah it just seems weird is all. I asked about it over in Reddit and someone told me that was normal so when the rentals change, my modules will demount for free. That was my only real concern so everything should be good. 

[5D5]
Members
2,386 posts
14,950 battles

It's always been this way and probably easier to code so they don't have to sort through a slew of support tickets over where's my rental ship.

Members
9 posts
2,938 battles

I am flattered that you allowed me to rent the tier X ships. I was playing Massachusetts as a rental, and that was quite thrilling to me since I had not played past tier VI on Dallas, Pensacola and Icarus. BUT, I will never get to use these wonderful rentals. Not Gearing. Not Hindenberg. Not Yamato. I have no time to synchronize with other players to make joining a clan feasible. I also can sincerely say that I have no interest as well. I have been playing hooky from my real life obligations for a few days and have been having a lot of fun putting in extras playing time in WoWS. BUT, this can NOT last. I may have to skip a week or two right in the middle of Clan Wars, and that would not do. Neither for any mates that depended on my participation nor for me, since I take any obligation worth entering into as being worth honoring. SO, gee, guys. Thanks, but no thanks. This is all a bit of a tease for me. Oh well. Back to the grind. :)

P.S. Indianapolis was even more fun than Massie, but Blyskawica was a bit if a drag. Too big for a DD and too lightweight for a CL. But, give me a choice of ships in the high tiers and I would take Atlanta every time. The rate of fire on Gearing and Hindenberg are also very interesting. So, back to the gripe about the tease …. LOL

[TAC-B]
Beta Testers
116 posts
9,377 battles

Equipment gets removed for free and put in your inventory when the ships go away, so taking spare credits and loading these temp ships up with half-off equipment (and/or 60% off camos and consumables) makes perfect sense. 

Our clan doesn't have enough active players to do CW, so our only practical usage of the rental ships has been to use them as holding spots for discounted stuff.