Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WES_HoundDog

How do you get a 3% fire chance on your HE shells

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
479 posts
8,529 battles

When you are fireing shells with a 35% fire chance?

According to WOW How it works: On Fire.   If you improve your reduction to fire chance the most it can improve is by slightly over 2%. 

Now 90% of my shells hit a ship that was not on fire.   And when they were on fire almost all of them hit areas that were not on fire.   Thats about 98% of my he shells hitting a spot that is not on fire.   I'm playing the monarch with a 35% fire chance on it's HE shells.

 

So how the hell do i get 1 fire in 20 hits in one game? (5% fires)

the next game 1 fire in 35 hits?  (2.8% fires)

in the next game 2 fires in 24 hits?  (8.3% fires)

The chances of getting this few fires is like 1 in 10,000. yet it happens  3 games in a row

 

This is why i say, welcome to rigged games 2018.

Edited by WES_HoundDog
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,333
[SYN]
Members
7,344 posts
7,771 battles

There's this thing called "RNG." Also, a chance is exactly that, a chance. It isn't a promise written on stone with the blood of an ancient people and then then engraved with a diamond tipped spear. It's a chance, nothing more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
791
[SF-A]
Members
2,949 posts
5,920 battles

The wiki link above is good. Also: any hits on a ship with active DCP have a 0% fire chance, but might add to your denominator there. Same with AP shells. If you count only shells that actually have any chance of fire, it should be in the 35% ballpark.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
137
[FARQD]
Members
447 posts
6,732 battles

Forget everything about the red ship having fire reductions. Just considering the fire chance of 35%, it is theoretically possible to get 0 fires. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
741
[SPTR]
Members
20,128 posts
5,690 battles

"Rigged games" K.

First of all, all ships have a certain Fire Reduction/prevention coefficient. I am not fully aware of how it works, but it reduces the fire chance by quite a lot.

Second would be where you hit. The Monarch can be a rather stupid dispersion and it is very possible that these are hitting armor belts. Alternatively that may be your fault, but let me guess, it never is.

Oh, remember the Fire Prevention skill? That reduces Fire Chances too. As does the Fire Reduction flag and the modules. With the increasing number of fire-bringers like yourself that has become more and more of a necessity. 

Lastly, remember that RNG is a cruel mistress. But you only remember the times it shafts you, never when it helps.

 

Special mention: You are using a very, to say the least, Arsey tactic in playing for fires. You really should reconsider your options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
138
[SPCU]
Members
299 posts
4,342 battles

Yep... active dcp is problem number 1... rng is number 2... number 3 im thinking is where your shells landed... if your entire salvo of shells hit the superstructure thats only 1-2 fires max... if they all smacked the bow thats 1 fire max...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46
[HARU]
Members
72 posts
1,492 battles

First off, you can only start a fire if you hit the top deck of the ship. hitting the side armor does not get a chance. then you have to hit a section  NOT on fire already. then you must defeat the anti fire chance. So you see... fires are NOT so easy like the BB babies would presume.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
443
[WOLFB]
Members
1,831 posts
8,796 battles

Fire remains something RNG. You can have 99% fire chance per shell and land your all your shell against the target, if RNG decides to screw with you, you'll have no fire. Sure it sounds ridiculous but sometime you get that unlucky 1% chance of not getting a single fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
449
[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,073 posts
7,882 battles

A lot of people say "that's RNG" but they're wrong. Sure it's random but when you shoot out so many shells the statistical probability of being closer to average increases. So if you are playing a light cruiser with 100 shell hits, you should see let's say 2 to 4 fires. Since each hit is separately calculated the chance that you will get a result different from the average increases exponentially. So getting 6 fires would be the equivelent of winning a small prize on a lottery ticket, 8 would be winning a million dollar grand prize, and 10 would be winning multiple tickets in a row of a million dollars, making it statistically improbable. This is why in almost 10 thousand games of WOWS I've never had a worse result than a few weeks ago where I hit 32 GK shell hits for only 1 fire, and as far as I know that was the only time where that happened, and that was with a BB hitting few shells instead of a cruiser hitting many. That also includes the non-exponential factors of the enemy uses damage control to stop fires and how some of the shells hit the area that was already on fire. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,325
[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

This is pretty rich coming from the guy that created a topic on the forums bemoaning the practice of Battleship HE spam. What's he doing? Spamming HE..... 

 

Some people's kids, I tell ya.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,539
[HINON]
Members
9,354 posts
5 hours ago, WolfenRepentant said:

First off, you can only start a fire if you hit the top deck of the ship. hitting the side armor does not get a chance. then you have to hit a section  NOT on fire already. then you must defeat the anti fire chance. So you see... fires are NOT so easy like the BB babies would presume.

 

Incorrect, location of the hit is irrelevant and it also doesn't matter if the he shell pens or not. The only time location matters is if it is already on fire you obviously don't start a new one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×