BLITZBURGH661

Atago B doubloon missions not working

18 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Members
9,317 posts

Please note that after you purchase bundles with black ships, these missions can only be completed on standard Tirpitz, Asashio, Atago, and Massachusetts ships.

• Bad 1

[REKTD]
Members
21 posts
3,451 battles
17 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Please note that after you purchase bundles with black ships, these missions can only be completed on standard Tirpitz, Asashio, Atago, and Massachusetts ships.

Seems like a waste. Truly disappointing. 

• Angry 1

[HINON]
Members
9,317 posts
9 minutes ago, SuperComm4 said:

Seems like a waste. Truly disappointing. 

Not really, they needed a way to entice previous owners of the normal version to spend more money. Those getting the black version already get a great discount.

• Bad 1

[REKTD]
Members
21 posts
3,451 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

Not really, they needed a way to entice previous owners of the normal version to spend more money. Those getting the black version already get a great discount.

You know, that does make sense how you put it. Thanks! 

Edited by SuperComm4

[TSG4]
Members
8 posts
4,923 battles

This is a bait and switch sale.  There is no way they should be allowed to advertise this under the purchase of the Black version of these ships.   This is fraud and is illegal.  There is a good chance a civil suit could be started between the people who purchased this package.  Hopefully  Wargaming does the right thing and allows the black versions to complete this quest or offers a refund.

Edited by Omega_gunner
  • Cool 8

Members
43 posts
3,096 battles

I am bummed that in order to get the doubloons, you have to have the original ships instead of the black ones. To be honest, these ones look cooler and I will not spend any the money just to get the original ones. Having two of the same ships doesn't make any sense.

By the way, I REALLY like these ships I have (Tirpitz and Massachuesetts). Thanks Wargaming. I wanted to get these two ships for a while now and I get them with a cooler camo!!! Just wish the doubloons came with them.

• Cool 1
  • Angry 1

Members
2 posts
2,288 battles

Yea... I might be willing to forgo my WoT/WoW accounts for this misleading crap. I've spent plenty of money on this company, and to be bait and switched because I didn't read the super fine print... Wargaming why do you actively TRY to kill the trust of your customers with this kind of ploy? LAME. I'd say worse but you don't need much excuse for censorship on these boards anyways.

• Angry 1

[0DMG]
Members
1 post
884 battles

COMPLETE bait and switch

"Asashio B;
Port Slot;
Combat Mission for 2500 Doubloon..."

Guess ol' russia style sales pitch, pitch me something I cant even have. Seriously considering a charge-back.

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
15 posts
7,323 battles

They way the sell reads, is you get the discounted ship and the mission for that ship. 

It's a paint job, nothing different than the original.  Get in game, see it's labeled "B" come here and read this.  Not happy.

While it is discounted, part of the way I justified spending the money for it was the Doubloons.

If I see anything else I ever want to buy again, forums first. 

It's not bait and switch though,  right on the purchase page it reads;

"With Black Friday drawing near, replenish your collection with battleship Tirpitz and a unique black permanent camouflage!
Please note: Tirpitz B is a unique ship. If you already have the standard Tirpitz in your collection, you can use her to complete a special Combat Mission after purchasing the bundle. Conditions: simply enter battle on Tirpitz to claim 250 doubloons. The mission can be obtained only once per account and completed 10 times until January 31. "

Some of us just get a little to eager to get one of the ships we always wanted...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
264 posts
4,917 battles
1 minute ago, TheCaptainKurt said:

. . .

If I see anything else I ever want to buy again, forums first. 

. . .

or, you know, actually read the purchase offer :Smile_glasses:

[NOTRG]
[NOTRG]
Members
2 posts
618 battles

got the tirpitz black ship yesterday , and it didnt say anything about not being able to do the personal missions in the specials page where i bought it , it clearly said earn 2500 dabloons for completing the tirpitz gold rush missions  . i submit a ticket and get told i should have read the world of warships .com news , ok maybe i should have read the daily news which i don't normally do , but i believe it should be clear on the specials page in the ship description that it is ineligible for the offered mission , because if it had said that i wouldn't have spent the money for the ship since the dabloons and the ship were the main reason for my purchase , i can guarantee i will be buying nothing more from WOW

This is something i expect from Armored Warfare and MY.Com  no where below does it state tirpitz B is ineligible only that it is a unique ship unique meaning its black i guess

shot-18.11.26_12.12.00-0478.jpg

Edited by Daveyjones_Dad

[IGB]
Members
21 posts
3,401 battles

I also think it's completely crappy to sell a ship with a special mission, which is part of the advertising, that you can't complete with the ship you bought! I think it was done in a very deceptive manner.

[5TH]
Beta Testers
1 post
1,062 battles
27 minutes ago, The_Brett said:

I also think it's completely crappy to sell a ship with a special mission, which is part of the advertising, that you can't complete with the ship you bought! I think it was done in a very deceptive manner.

Indeed, this was totally a "read the fine print" situation, instead of being explicit.  The dubloon mission was part of the selling point for me, thinking I could complete it in the purchased ship.

• Cool 2

Members
21 posts
5,810 battles
On 11/25/2018 at 12:57 AM, Kierwynn1990 said:

COMPLETE bait and switch

"Asashio B;
Port Slot;
Combat Mission for 2500 Doubloon..."

Exactly.

Edited by JosephSantora

[REKTD]
Members
21 posts
3,451 battles

I am definitely happy with Tirpitz and Atago. The black scheme is pretty cool. I did see the above line about these being unique ships, and the above poster hit it on the head:

On 11/26/2018 at 10:42 AM, TheCaptainKurt said:

Some of us just get a little to eager to get one of the ships we always wanted

This more than any deception is what got me. 

That being said: why was it necessary to release an identical ship and call it a "B" in the first place. That in and of itself is a bit odd. Does Wargaming really feel the need to hit premium ship buyers twice for the same ship? Apparently so. 

I justify purchasing ships like this because I want to support Wargaming and the fine job I feel they do. Many of us are that way, so give us a reasonable excuse to support and we will. But if it is even on the line of shadiness or deceptive, Wargaming is best advised to avoid it. Would someone interested in buying a Tirpitz finally buy it if it was offered in black? Yes, I did. But why does it have to be a different Tirpitz? If someone already has Tirpitz, it should have been "you get the value of the ship, 9k dbloons plus the black camo and an extra 2500 dbloons". Much cleaner. 

Besides, if WG wants to leverage those who already bought premiums, offer something else new, like Stalingrad as an actual premium instead of a 750k free xp ship. 

It just seems like a needless controversy that risks creating ire amongst loyal fans. Personally, I still love the game, but I fully understand others frustrations with this and hope WG pulls back from marketing that comes across as too much. 

Edited by SuperComm4
Language violation
  • Cool 1