Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Killer whale changes, your opinion please

6 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
1,324 posts
5,043 battles

The CV's were removed & BB's added, what do you think about these changes?

You're not dodging torpedoes as much but the 3 BB's in the harbor can citadel BB's so I think the danger of being deleted is about the same.

The main thing I've notice is getting 5 stars is easier with a CV on the team. I've sunk CV's with a single broadside from my New Mexico & Normandie at 14+km.  You don't do that to enemy BB's. I don't know if I've been lucky but the CV's drivers I've seen do better overall in this scenario then before the changes. I've had a couple of new players on CV's as they requested advice at the beginning of the match. They followed the advice and did good. Before this change CV were more often a hindrance than an asset.

For some reason I think people let time get away from them more so now. Not heading into the rendezvous area before the time runs out is by far the main reason for defeats over the last few days. One would have been a five star victory but everyone was too far away. I had gone north in my NM & allowed them to sink me after I took care of the cruiser, BB & forts. Maybe after more runs it will get back to normal.

[IPC]
[IPC]
Members
29 posts

I think its easier now with the BBs. Before I would be screaming at a CV on our team to take care of the enemy CV in port to no avail as the CVs in our teams wanted the easy kills of the base and the outgoing ships. Many times we lost because our team CV did not think much of our request to take out the CVs until we had lost several ships. I can see your points also though. I will say I have been on 4 and 5 star Killer Whale Scenarios now more often than not!

[SF-A]
Members
2,950 posts
5,927 battles

Nothing new. The vast majority of players are useless, and have no drive to get 5 stars. It's still an exceptionally easy mission that the 45%ers of our playerbase are inexplicably drawn to like moths to a flame.

[PQUOD]
Members
455 posts
6,893 battles

I believe the new CV rework removes all odd tier CV's. I can't remember for certain, but was it a T6 Independence or T7 Ranger in that scenario? 

[TDRB]
Members
1,324 posts
5,043 battles
8 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

Nothing new. The vast majority of players are useless, and have no drive to get 5 stars. It's still an exceptionally easy mission that the 45%ers of our playerbase are inexplicably drawn to like moths to a flame.

I prefer 5 stars but defeats = zero stars. I rather have a 1 star victory than a loss. Because it is one of the easiest scenarios I expect a very high win rate.

[RLGN]
Members
8,694 posts
17,952 battles
1 hour ago, Kazandero said:

I think its easier now with the BBs. Before I would be screaming at a CV on our team to take care of the enemy CV in port to no avail as the CVs in our teams wanted the easy kills of the base and the outgoing ships. Many times we lost because our team CV did not think much of our request to take out the CVs until we had lost several ships. I can see your points also though. I will say I have been on 4 and 5 star Killer Whale Scenarios now more often than not!

Must not have ever had me with you.

Get in and instanuke or cripple Nassau; permaspot DD, then chase the Hosho torpies. One more strike in port, then out to the NW corner to attack and cripple or destroy the carriers. Spot the Western and NW destroyers. Attack and cripple or kill the third carrier, then support as needed and move to the exit as the battle winds down.

Did basically that last night; adjusted for having battleships instead of carriers. Such fun! Unopposed CV Ops are the best!

Addmitedly, there was a team or two not watching the clock and trying to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory; but the few of us who were paying attention always managed to pull off the win.

Sign in to follow this