You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

Dear Little White Mouse.

59 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
3,359 posts

I will never doubt you again.

This freakin' ship is insane!

Just played my first ever match in Massachusetts B.   First secondary kill: 29,000 damage vs a Pensacola.   3 kills total,  136,000 damage; 39 plane kills;  96 secondary hits and 6 fires.

Mass certainly doesn't have any problems shooting down planes, lol.  Thanks to a Ryujo who had nothing better to do than send every strike squadron he had at me all game.   He only managed to drop 3 torpedoes total, and missed with all of them.

I'm so not used to having decent secondaries on a US BB!   10+km range is crazy!!  So is a 3.6 sec reload.

LOVE the black camo!

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

[USFTW]
Members
196 posts
1,997 battles
2 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Just played my first ever match in Massachusetts B.   First secondary kill: 29,000 damage vs a Pensacola.   3 kills total,  136,000 damage; 39 plane kills;  96 secondary hits and 6 fires.

Mass certainly doesn't have any problems shooting down planes, lol.  Thanks to a Ryujo who had nothing better to do than send every strike squadron he had at me all game.   He only managed to drop 3 torpedoes total, and missed with all of them.

I'm so not used to having decent secondaries on a US BB!   10+km range is crazy!!  So is a 3.6 sec reload.

LOVE the black camo!

Although they might not be the most effective, full secondary builds are by far the most fun.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
3,359 posts
2 minutes ago, AtomicMan3 said:

Although they might not be the most effective, full secondary builds are by far the most fun.

This is missing manual secondaries, as I'm using the 10 pointer that came with it.   It does have secondaries 2; AFT; BFT.   I'll probably take Fire Prevention for my second 4 pointer, as brawling leads to burning more often than not, lol.

[HINON]
Members
9,345 posts

It becomes truly beastly if you go hog wild with the secondaries including AFT, manual secondaries, and IFHE.

• Cool 1

[USFTW]
Members
196 posts
1,997 battles
10 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

This is missing manual secondaries, as I'm using the 10 pointer that came with it.   It does have secondaries 2; AFT; BFT.   I'll probably take Fire Prevention for my second 4 pointer, as brawling leads to burning more often than not, lol.

Probably a good choice, she seems like she is best suited to a hybrid brawler role-good secondarys and accurate primarys. I would probably go with CE first as I thought it had ok concealment but it's mostly just personal preference.

Members
1,130 posts
8,400 battles
5 minutes ago, AtomicMan3 said:

Probably a good choice, she seems like she is best suited to a hybrid brawler role-good secondarys and accurate primarys. I would probably go with CE first as I thought it had ok concealment but it's mostly just personal preference.

No. CE is not a good recommendation for the Massachusetts. 

Go either

The full secondary build or the one with SI/secondaries.

• Cool 1

[USFTW]
Members
196 posts
1,997 battles
Just now, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Go either

Ok I don't have mass just assumed it was kinda like other USN BBs in terms of stealth 

My bad.

I would probably go with manual secondarys rather the fire prevention as fire prevention kinda sucks as a four point skill but then again I don't know anything about this ship so...

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,438 posts
4,041 battles
15 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Go either

CE is a good recommendation for nearly every ship in the game mass included.

secondary builds are never considered competitive.

13 minutes ago, AtomicMan3 said:

Ok I don't have mass just assumed it was kinda like other USN BBs in terms of stealth 

My bad.

I would probably go with manual secondarys rather the fire prevention as fire prevention kinda sucks as a four point skill but then again I don't know anything about this ship so...

you should 

• Cool 1
  • Bad 4

Members
1,130 posts
8,400 battles
1 minute ago, Hanger_18 said:

CE is a good recommendation for nearly every ship in the game mass included.

secondary builds are never considered competitive.

you should 

You are wasting 4 capt points with CE on a Mass.

And from what I understand fletcher mostly plays co op. 

I agree with your secondary builds are not competitive, but in co-op/random, I would play the Massachusetts to it's strengths; not attempt to make up for its weaknesses.

• Cool 3

[USFTW]
Members
196 posts
1,997 battles
5 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

you should

Do what? I'm confused :(

[SALVO]
Members
17,707 posts
18,486 battles
1 hour ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

LOVE the black camo!

While all USN BBs have good AA, the Massachusetts has the benefit of the fact that buffing your secondaries also buffs your AA performance quite a bit too.

• Cool 1

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,438 posts
4,041 battles
25 minutes ago, AtomicMan3 said:

Do what? I'm confused :(

play it with CE. concealment is king, far more important than secondaries

• Bad 3
  • Angry 1

[USFTW]
Members
196 posts
1,997 battles
Just now, Hanger_18 said:

play it with CE. concealment is king, far more important than secondaries

I just got told never to take CE on Massachusetts ah so many mixed messages

Members
327 posts
20 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

You are wasting 4 capt points with CE on a Mass.

Nonsense. CE should be your first 4 pointer for any captain on any ship. Period.. end of story.  The ability to disengage is ultimately what lets you last longer in a battle.  If you don't trust me, Flamu is on record with this same thinking. 

The proper Captain build for a Mass is:

1 point: PT, PM

2 point: AR

3 point: BFT

4 point: CE, AFT, IFHE

Manual secondaries sound great in theory but are pretty useless in practice. Because you really need to be on top of them and make sure they are assigned targets. This is easier said than done when you are in a brawl with multiple targets around you. Plus, having secondaries on auto is a good alarm bell when a DD creeps up on you.  

Save up your secondary flags for the Mass. With the flag, the range increases to 11.3km.  

• Funny 1
  • Bad 5

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,438 posts
4,041 battles
1 minute ago, AtomicMan3 said:

let me make this as clear as possible.secondary builds are not competitive. first the range is limited no matter the build, to even get in range youre going to get HE spammed to the ground. your going to lose mounts because of this. Once you get in range, they are inaccurate, and they aim for the belt. most of them lack pen to get through cruiser plating, so deal no direct damage to those. you might get lucky and start a fire, and deal some damage that way. 

you lose a lot of your ability to disengage in return for something that might be destroyed by the time youre in range.

secondary builds are fun, but they are point intensive, and not very effective.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 5

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,438 posts
4,041 battles
4 minutes ago, General_Lee_Miserable said:

Nonsense. CE should be your first 4 pointer for any captain on any ship. Period.. end of story.  The ability to disengage is ultimately what lets you last longer in a battle.  If you don't trust me, Flamu is on record with this same thinking. 

The proper Captain build for a Mass is:

1 point: PT, PM

2 point: AR

3 point: BFT

4 point: CE, AFT, IFHE

Manual secondaries sound great in theory but are pretty useless in practice. Because you really need to be on top of them and make sure they are assigned targets. This is easier said than done when you are in a brawl with multiple targets around you. Plus, having secondaries on auto is a good alarm bell when a DD creeps up on you.  

Save up your secondary flags for the Mass. With the flag, the range increases to 11.3km.  

khaba.

also no you will not take IFHE on a battleship....AFT/BFT is...meh

BOS, and fire prevention are basically mandatory on most BBs

• Bad 4

[1IF]
Members
86 posts
2,870 battles

BFT sounds good for enhancing secondary (& AA) ROF, but Mass is squishier than German BBs.  She really needs that 5th heal from running SI.  Especially when MM doesn't favor you like it did your first battle.

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
736 posts
1,895 battles
31 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

khaba.

also no you will not take IFHE on a battleship....AFT/BFT is...meh

BOS, and fire prevention are basically mandatory on most BBs

If you want a true USBB you arent buying Massachusetts... youre buying Alabama.

Literally the ONLY reason anyone is going to buy Mass is because they want to run a secondary build. Stop telling the guy to not have fun. he wants a secondary spec BB. In Mass you should very much be taking both BFT/AFT and IFHE.

• Cool 6

[SPCU]
Members
297 posts
4,319 battles

Hanger_18 is right about secondary build/boats not being the tryhard uberleet build/boat of choice... however... it is the most fun one. Hands down. Ignore CE, ignore fire prevention... go full ham on ifhe, manual secondaries, aft, etc... youll have more fun than you thought possible. My KM bbs salute you.

[CMFRT]
Modder, In AlfaTesters
736 posts
1,895 battles
19 minutes ago, Xanshin said:

Hanger_18 is right about secondary build/boats not being the tryhard uberleet build/boat of choice... however... it is the most fun one. Hands down. Ignore CE, ignore fire prevention... go full ham on ifhe, manual secondaries, aft, etc... youll have more fun than you thought possible. My KM bbs salute you.

Absolutely. Man mode secondary builds are tones of fun. I wish I played botes more, otherwise Id own Mass aswell...

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,929 posts
5,426 battles
1 hour ago, AtomicMan3 said:

Ignore the idiots telling you to take CE on Mass.   Full secondary build is the way to go.

If you want to run CE, you should have gone with Alabama.

Mass is probably the best Tier 8 BB in the game right now... but only with a full secondary build.  The anti-secondary guys are clueless.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,438 posts
4,041 battles
1 hour ago, Avalon304 said:

If you want a true USBB you arent buying Massachusetts... youre buying Alabama.

Literally the ONLY reason anyone is going to buy Mass is because they want to run a secondary build. Stop telling the guy to not have fun. he wants a secondary spec BB. In Mass you should very much be taking both BFT/AFT and IFHE.

tell me im wrong though. i said earlier it was fun. but undoubtfully one build is more competitive less fun though it may be.

• Bad 1

[FTH]
[FTH]
Members
310 posts
11,581 battles

In all due respect, this is the Mass...not the rest of the US BB Line...people buy it for secondaries...if they didn't, they'd buy the Alabama..it is literally, other than the heal, the ONLY DIFFERENCE. Leaving the secondaries completely off of it defeats the purpose of having the ship...you may as well run Alabama in that case.

• Cool 2

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,438 posts
4,041 battles
25 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Ignore the idiots telling you to take CE on Mass.   Full secondary build is the way to go.

If you want to run CE, you should have gone with Alabama.

Mass is probably the best Tier 8 BB in the game right now... but only with a full secondary build.  The anti-secondary guys are clueless.

explain to me how a secondary build is good like im a cruiser at 14km. 

fun but, absolutely not not competitive.

though mass is the best ship for seconds at t8.

IF you still want to go down that path, in the name of fun. you can use this. Preventative maintenance does not affect secondaries. you need an 18 point captain to actually make the ship work as intended. people tend to forget secondary build are point hungry. in order of the 4 point skills, i would take AFT>IFHE>MFC

image.png.1d7acf351f7a161a036da8a86cdc39ba.png

• Cool 1