Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ahab1776

Question to CV beta testers

21 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
Members
454 posts
6,888 battles

I've not been able to participate in the CV testing. If you have been able to participate what is your opinion? What do you like or don't like about the new CV play style.

Thanks in advance!

:Smile_honoring:

[RLGN]
Members
8,690 posts
17,952 battles

Can’t stand the controls. Apparently some find them quite easy to use, but I don’t, and have found it impossible to hit anything using them. (Squad controls too sensitive; target reticle swings too wildly; basically worse than it was in the sub event, if you played that.)

Again; others find the FPS perspective interesting; I personally find it boring as hell.

Then there is the restriction of controlling your planes or your ship. Returning to your ship if you need to to defend against a direct attack forces your planes to return.

(edit)

ahab asked; I gave an honest answer I as much as said was personal opinion.

Someone downvoting because of not liking carriers or what I said, does nothing but harden my feelings even more against the rework.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet
  • Cool 6
  • Bad 4

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,392 posts
19,453 battles
3 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Can’t stand the controls. Apparently some find them quite easy to use, but I don’t, and have found it impossible to hit anything using them. (Squad controls too sensitive; target reticle swings too wildly; basically worse than it was in the sub event, if you played that.)

Again; others find the FPS perspective interesting; I personally find it boring as hell.

Then there is the restriction of controlling your planes or your ship. Returning to your ship if you need to to defend against a direct attack forces your planes to return.

This.

Also: all the tactic options you have with scouting and strike different targets at the same time, are gone.  

Alpha Tester
3,496 posts
3,874 battles

Real popularity of CV's in the test server was fairly high, there's a lot of forum backdraft about it. People complained about controls ofc and the AA in test 2 is going to take adjusting to, but overall I think that unless some big mechanical flaw rears its head, the rework is going to be fairly well-received on live.

[RLGN]
Members
8,690 posts
17,952 battles
2 minutes ago, Aetreus said:

Real popularity of CV's in the test server was fairly high, there's a lot of forum backdraft about it. People complained about controls ofc and the AA in test 2 is going to take adjusting to, but overall I think that unless some big mechanical flaw rears its head, the rework is going to be fairly well-received on live.

Until everyone realizes they will just be DoT’d to death, instead of instanuked.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,676 posts
2,358 battles

I liked the idea, implementation needs work. Targeting was tricky, partly due to over sensitive controls and buggy target reticle. Really need a way to DC on CV without canceling strike, don't know why WG is so opposed to giving us that one button.

To those who think it's simplistic, duh. The goal was to make the CV more similar to the other types. They succeeding. If you want a full CV simulator, you're in the wrong game. Bottom line, this rework is coming. If you don't like it, too bad, because you're in the minority.

• Bad 1

Members
663 posts
7,788 battles
17 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Squad controls too sensitive; target reticle swings too wildly

Pretty much this, I barely am hitting anyone... it's pretty much like playing osu! with Raw Input enabled...

[USFTW]
Members
196 posts
1,997 battles

Over it looks and feels good.

The controls are a bit to sensitive. But I didn't find them as bad as some people did.

The aa still feels very random, with nothing you can do to avoid it.

Overall it feels just a bit to shallow, like it needs one more thing to make at great.

It's pretty good overall.

[RLGN]
Members
8,690 posts
17,952 battles
10 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

If you don't like it, too bad, because you're in the minority.

My answer to this is always;

”The more things change, the more they remain the same.”

I doubt the rework is going to make those who support it so fervently as happy as they think it will.

(-)

@TheGill a post a bit rough about the edges, but I can’t say I disagree. (Sorry for no +1, apparently I’ve used up all my votes for today.)

Alpha Tester
3,496 posts
3,874 battles
22 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Until everyone realizes they will just be DoT’d to death, instead of instanuked.

Bots are dumb and burn their DCP too quickly. Practically as long as WG tunes the AA system right(i.e. they don't cave to people saying its hard on first contact- ofc its hard you're new at it) it should ensure that CV can't simply hang around to get a second DoT stack on their target because they lose planes and boost charge.

[RLGN]
Members
8,690 posts
17,952 battles
11 minutes ago, Aetreus said:

Bots are dumb and burn their DCP too quickly. Practically as long as WG tunes the AA system right(i.e. they don't cave to people saying its hard on first contact- ofc its hard you're new at it) it should ensure that CV can't simply hang around to get a second DoT stack on their target because they lose planes and boost charge.

While I understand the point of what you’re saying is; the answer is the same as it is under the current system; fly outside the AA bubble and wait.

Additionally, if AA dodging functions as I’ve heard it has; then it is simply a twitch skill that will be exploited by the few who can master it; the way strafe is now.

Alpha Tester
3,496 posts
3,874 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

While I understand the point of what you’re saying is; the answer is the same as it is under the current system; fly outside the AA bubble and wait.

Additionally, if AA dodging functions as I’ve heard it has; then it is simply a twitch skill that will be exploited by the few who can master it; the way strafe is now.

The AA bubble is generally too large to do this effectively, unlike on live where only ships built with AFT/AAGM get 7.6km bubbles, now everyone gets 6.3km base. AA dodging has pretty clear limits due to both the random chance involved in AA bursts- eventually it will serve you a pattern that can't be fully dodged, and more importantly it requires use of boost which will run out on DB and TB. Fighter can sustain longer but even with the large rocket count its hard to stack fires with them(and they have low damage output).

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,058 posts
4,743 battles
59 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

excellent,just like many deaths in game(besides torp barrage and cit galore).

[RLGN]
Members
8,690 posts
17,952 battles
10 minutes ago, Aetreus said:

The AA bubble is generally too large to do this effectively, unlike on live where only ships built with AFT/AAGM get 7.6km bubbles, now everyone gets 6.3km base. AA dodging has pretty clear limits due to both the random chance involved in AA bursts- eventually it will serve you a pattern that can't be fully dodged, and more importantly it requires use of boost which will run out on DB and TB. Fighter can sustain longer but even with the large rocket count its hard to stack fires with them(and they have low damage output).

I only wish I could find this out for myself; one way or another. Not being able to do much more than fly around the sky like a dunkard while getting entire squads shot down like it’s nothing hasn’t helped.

It reminds me of my introduction to Tanks; where my inability to deal with the pacing of the gameplay and the twitch reaction needs left me severely disillusioned about a game I had hoped to have fun in.

Repeatedly dying so fast you can’t learn anything isn’t exactly the best way to be introduced to a game. That Warships is (for the most part,) so much slower paced is why I like it; as well as the current RTS system, (even if I can’t use it in higher tiers, where the pacing of the game is obviously faster; and as a result; overwhelms me.)

NOW I can at least play lower tier carriers in either mode, and higher tiers in Co-op. After the change I doubt I’ll be able to play them at all.

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,058 posts
4,743 battles

what i wish to know is... WG invited me to the CV testing,but the day it launched,i couldn't play until the test 2,and i can only play now with the test 3 coming.

if i got the username and password(that means i'm a CV tester) but never played a game,do i need to sign up again or just wait for 26th november for the new username and password?

[RLGN]
Members
8,690 posts
17,952 battles
1 minute ago, Cruxdei said:

what i wish to know is... WG invited me to the CV testing,but the day it launched,i couldn't play until the test 2,and i can only play now with the test 3 coming.

if i got the username and password(that means i'm a CV tester) but never played a game,do i need to sign up again or just wait for 26th november for the new username and password?

Do you have the Game Center installed? I’m not entirely happy I had too, but so far it hasn’t caused any problems.

Basically you log into the GC with your normal account. The WoWs tab has a drop down where you can choose NA or TST, (or I suppose EU, RU, or SEA?) you pick TST, and log in with the I’d you were given in your invitation email.

Of course; it’s no go for several days until round 3 actually starts.

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,058 posts
4,743 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

Do you have the Game Center installed? I’m not entirely happy I had too, but so far it hasn’t caused any problems.

Basically you log into the GC with your normal account. The WoWs tab has a drop down where you can choose NA or TST, (or I suppose EU, RU, or SEA?) you pick TST, and log in with the I’d you were given in your invitation email.

Of course; it’s no go for several days until round 3 actually starts.

yes,gotta wait for round 3 to start,but the problem remains. i never played a game as a CV tester,do i need to sign up again for a spot or not?

[QAPLA]
Members
6 posts
2,179 battles

The rework has made operating carriers feel more like world of war planes. I prefer to launch multiple squadrons and send them in for a unified strike. The rework only allows for control of one squadron.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
3,475 posts

Even if they're changing the carriers, the AA system should be left alone -- no need to make a mess of the game for everyone, even if it's going to be ruined for CV mains.

[RLGN]
Members
8,690 posts
17,952 battles
6 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

yes,gotta wait for round 3 to start,but the problem remains. i never played a game as a CV tester,do i need to sign up again for a spot or not?

I think you’ll be okay? Especially if they send you the invite again. Turned out my code for part 2 was the same as for part 1, and I played maybe 1-3 games because it took so long to download the client.

Sign in to follow this