Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ENSParker

Cleveland...why is service cost so high?

9 comments in this topic

Members
19 posts
994 battles

Why is the service cost so high on my Cleveland at T8? It's 60K credits even after taking 20% off for the perma camo and signal flag. There are some bad games where I actually lose credits! That has never happened to me on any other ship. It's 50% higher service cost than my other T8 ships.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,658 posts
13,234 battles

Cleveland's service costs are roughly the same as those on other tech tree T8s. Look at your post battle screens to see the breakdown of costs / income.

• Cool 1

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
1,903 posts
19,318 battles

If  you  want  to  play  then  you've  got  to  pay

Members
508 posts
12,799 battles

Tier 8 seems to be the pay wall.

It is not uncommon to lose money after tier 8 unless you are playing premium ships or use premium time. Even then you need a reasonably good game or you still might lose some coins. Think about this: they standardized costs a while back. In the old days you could lose a lot more credits if you got blapped early and sank with little contribution.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,658 posts
13,234 battles
4 minutes ago, Prothall said:

Tier 8 seems to be the pay wall.

He is claiming that Cleveland's service cost is 50% higher than his other T8s.

However:

Cleveland:

fuKYFem.jpg

Chapayev:

KW5v9dL.jpg

Charles Martel:

pFFELZI.jpg

etc, etc

[HYDRO]
Members
1,874 posts
3,968 battles

Are your other tier VIII ships by any chance premiums? This could explain why the repair costs seem higher, cause tier VIII premium ship costs are closer to tech tree tier VI repair costs.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

Members
19 posts
994 battles

Yes, @warheart1992, that's probably it. My only other T8 ships are Alabama and Prinz Eugen. Here are screenshots of the Credits & XP postgame screens from my most recent game in each earlier today. I got my Cleveland at T6 just before the US cruiser line split and got to play it some at T6. When I first played it at T8 the credit results were shocking.

Prinz Eugen

1625315719_PrinzEugen-2.thumb.png.3977932dd3a23c03af45913325252d96.png

Alabama

Alabama-2.thumb.png.647d6f80d5afc2c656649e1f425a7497.png

[HINON]
Supertester
19,658 posts
13,234 battles
39 minutes ago, ENSParker said:

My only other T8 ships are Alabama and Prinz Eugen.

That explains it.

The higher the tier, the more expensive the service cost. Premium ships have a credit bonus and are cheaper to repair. Around tier 8 the service costs start to really get up there, especially for non premium users.

The idea behind this is to - erm - 'encourage' the sales of premium time, premium ships, doubloons, etc. WoWS is free to play, but not free to develop and WG is a for-profit company.

• Cool 1

[VOC]
Members
81 posts
63 battles
On 11/24/2018 at 2:59 AM, Lert said:

That explains it.

The higher the tier, the more expensive the service cost. Premium ships have a credit bonus and are cheaper to repair. Around tier 8 the service costs start to really get up there, especially for non premium users.

The idea behind this is to - erm - 'encourage' the sales of premium time, premium ships, doubloons, etc. WoWS is free to play, but not free to develop and WG is a for-profit company.

This. T8 is IMO the "toppling point" between F2P and P2W in wows. Seeing your stats you're not doing that well. Not to mock you OP. But the fact is the main income source is doing damage. To break even/ make profit you'll either need to take premium account of work on your skills a lot more. Rule of thumb: doing dmg to DD's is more profitable, then to cruisers then to BB's. The tier difference also plays a role: the higher the tier your target has, the bigger the profit. So hitting a Shima once will net you far more profit than hitting New York 50 times f.e. Also a major credit drain are premium consumables. If you can afford it; they'll give you ingame advantages. no doubt about it. Now for Cleveland: premium radar is giving arguments to take it. Sniff out DD's on a faster rate is giving yourself and your team a great advantage. Winning is always more profitable than losing. But the rest? DCP? To fix your rudder/ engine in an emergency. To quench 2 or 3 fires. Yes. Great usage. But once you're focussed out that 30 second reload bonus won't help you because you'll be fire immune long before that. Same goes for def AA. Gladly CV's are neigh extinct in this game so that one out of 50 matches you meet it? Do you need premium def AA? Those clowns won't get near you anyway because you're a Cleveland. And premium sonar? With some MM awareness you'll be able to deduct where the torps are coming from anyway. So apart from premium radar I don't see much point in the other premium cons if you're short on credits. And this goes for nearly all ships. Premium DCP and heal on BB's? Granted. The rest is a perk. Premium smoke on DD's? Granted. a.s.o.

tl;dr. Work on your performance, consider premium account and take a good look at premium consumables.

Edit. Parallel on topic: really, I mean REALLY reconsider taking perma cammo's on silver ships. I got burned with that a lot: Yue Yang now nerfed to uselessness, Shimakaze same thing. Very often there are missions to win a perma cammo as well. It'll save you lots of RL cash when you consider that. Better to invest that in premium account.

Edited by Ferry_25

Sign in to follow this