Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GrimmeReaper

Islands of Ice - Epicenter Mode...

17 comments in this topic

[TBOW]
Members
1,342 posts
10,981 battles

I was just privileged to be part of Islands of Ice - Epicenter and oh yeah a Snow Storm.   I just don't know what to say...  Map didn't feel right at all.  We won, but it felt small and awkward.

[TBOW]
Members
1,342 posts
10,981 battles
2 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Ran into it twice yesterday. Dont think players know how to approach it yet. Also I have no idea what the snow storm does.

It is localized effect that reduces visibility in a certain area instead of the whole map, it moves from one side of the map to the other. 

[RLGN]
Members
8,689 posts
17,952 battles

Map doesn’t deserve to be called Islands of Ice; that title belongs to the original, and even the second iteration...

...what it is now should be called ‘Trident Reversed;’ it certainly isn’t Islands of Ice.

Epicenter huh? Haven’t seen that on that map yet; something new with the last update?

Members
3,481 posts
8,660 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Map doesn’t deserve to be called Islands of Ice; that title belongs to the original, and even the second iteration...

...what it is now should be called ‘Trident Reversed;’ it certainly isn’t Islands of Ice.

Epicenter huh? Haven’t seen that on that map yet; something new with the last update?

Islands of Snowy Mountain Range -- And Other Spare Parts. 

• Funny 1

[CSALT]
Members
264 posts
24 minutes ago, GrimmeReaper said:

It is localized effect that reduces visibility in a certain area instead of the whole map, it moves from one side of the map to the other. 

For Epicenter battles, I thought that the storm would or at least could just stay in the middle for the battle and not move side to side like "normal"

[AAA]
Members
473 posts
5,935 battles
20 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

For Epicenter battles, I thought that the storm would or at least could just stay in the middle for the battle and not move side to side like "normal"

It covers the “epicenter” and doesn’t move

[CSALT]
Members
264 posts
1 hour ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Ran into it twice yesterday. Dont think players know how to approach it yet. Also I have no idea what the snow storm does.

Inside the storm, it reduces visability similar to how a cyclone does now.

Outside the storm, it will reduce the range you can spot targets through the storm if no one else on your team has direct LOS to the target.  The storms move across the map except in Epicenter battles where it will remain stationary over the epicenter.

[SALVO]
Members
17,709 posts
18,486 battles
24 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

I miss the old ice map actually...

I miss the original.

Honestly, they should have just given the 3rd and 4th (i.e. current) versions of the map different names and treated them as completely new maps, rather than new versions of an old map.

• Cool 1

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,946 posts
4,837 battles
24 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I miss the original.

Honestly, they should have just given the 3rd and 4th (i.e. current) versions of the map different names and treated them as completely new maps, rather than new versions of an old map.

Agreed.

[FTH]
[FTH]
Members
310 posts
11,642 battles

I must be the only one that halfway likes the snowstorm...then again, I wish they'd take the epicenter battle mode itself and throw it as far away as possible.

[SALVO]
Members
17,709 posts
18,486 battles
39 minutes ago, NashW8 said:

I usually enjoy epicentre. Looking forward to this.

Same.  I get tired of all the whining about Epicenter.  It's a perfectly acceptable battle mode.

[TF-64]
Members
379 posts
13,274 battles

I'm in the camp for bringing back the old islands of ice. New version just feels boring. Epicenter doesn't bother me. Localized storms are kinda interesting. 

Members
5,098 posts
3,075 battles
4 hours ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

Doesn't just reduce visibility, there is also an accuracy penalty for firing at ships inside the storm.

Sign in to follow this