Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
johncody1016

Direction Center for catapult changes?

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,556
[PVE]
Members
10,832 posts
7,957 battles
5 minutes ago, johncody1016 said:

Can I get clarification. Is the Direction center skill being changed to not support spotting aircraft anymore via this article?

 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/carrier-underwood/

Yep, DCCA will only work for catapult fighters with the new skill set. Seeing how many of the skills are changing, I would be very surprised if there was no free respec when the skills all change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,533
[HINON]
Members
9,338 posts
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yep, DCCA will only work for catapult fighters with the new skill set. Seeing how many of the skills are changing, I would be very surprised if there was no free respec when the skills all change.

It's a sad thing for spotter Des Moines hehehe. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,183
[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,945 posts
4,837 battles
5 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

It's a sad thing for spotter Des Moines hehehe. 

God that was so much fun to abuse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
32 posts
777 battles

since they are with the captain skils, is it to much to ask to make the majority of them usable for all ships in one or another way? kind of sucks to have 1/3 of the skills with a "cant use" sign. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,556
[PVE]
Members
10,832 posts
7,957 battles
15 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:

since they are with the captain skils, is it to much to ask to make the majority of them usable for all ships in one or another way? kind of sucks to have 1/3 of the skills with a "cant use" sign. 

It's not a can't use sign, but more of a this skill won't help much or at all.

 

IFHE doesn't help BB main guns as it doesn't change the pen values that much. For most BBs the main gun will or will not pen something whether or not you have IFHE. But it helps all BB secondaries. Only a few BBs have the secondary range to make it worth 4pts. So it has the x as it doesn't help most BBs.

 

For CVs, having one more fighter and DB per squadron is very powerful, so it is a one point skill. You only get one catapult fighter, so a 4 pt skill for one more is too expensive. So there is DCCA for ships with catapult fighters and it doesn't work on deck planes so CVs can't abuse that one point skill.

 

Having a dedicated skill tree for each ship type would be great, but there are so many skills that do overlap, that doing that would be highly redundant.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
32 posts
777 battles
40 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

It's not a can't use sign, but more of a this skill won't help much or at all.

 

IFHE doesn't help BB main guns as it doesn't change the pen values that much. For most BBs the main gun will or will not pen something whether or not you have IFHE. But it helps all BB secondaries. Only a few BBs have the secondary range to make it worth 4pts. So it has the x as it doesn't help most BBs.

 

For CVs, having one more fighter and DB per squadron is very powerful, so it is a one point skill. You only get one catapult fighter, so a 4 pt skill for one more is too expensive. So there is DCCA for ships with catapult fighters and it doesn't work on deck planes so CVs can't abuse that one point skill.

 

Having a dedicated skill tree for each ship type would be great, but there are so many skills that do overlap, that doing that would be highly redundant.

not sure if a dedicated skill tree for each ship but it wont kill them to do something along this lines

 

torpedo expert:

-10% torpedo reload
-20% torpedo plane reload

+5-10% to torpedo damage reduction to ships without torpedos

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,556
[PVE]
Members
10,832 posts
7,957 battles
10 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:

not sure if a dedicated skill tree for each ship but it wont kill them to do something along this lines

 

torpedo expert:

-10% torpedo reload
-20% torpedo plane reload

+5-10% to torpedo damage reduction to ships without torpedos

 

 

The torpedo damage reduction only works on ships when the torp hits the torp bulges. So it might be a little unbalanced for when it hits where there is not a torp bulge or for ships that don't have one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×