You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CTMAADawson

Armada bundle? Why not 50% off everything

16 comments in this topic

[SPV]
Members
117 posts
2,588 battles

Would be nice that instead of their Armada Bundle for $700, they just put up all those ships for 50% off. Seventeen of those sixty-seven are T4 and below, so that automatically makes them just about useless for WoW events. Meaning they'll just collect dust for most users. I'm definitely not spending $700 on dozens of ships I'd be hard pressed to use even once a month. But I'd be a lot more inclined to buy two or three half-off ships that I'll use every day. Maybe if it had some discontinued ships, I might go for it. But they'd have to be ships like the Missouri. What say you all?

Edited by CTMAADawson
  • Cool 1

[FML]
Members
1,921 posts
10,605 battles

There are collectors in this game who feel compelled to have ALL of the ships. 

From these people, WG will take $700. 

For the rest of us, a ship or two here and there. The Black ships are 30% off...

[HYDRO]
Members
1,823 posts
3,940 battles

Keep in mind that if you got the money to spare, you get the full doubloon amount for duplicates. Collectors get the bundle for a few ships they miss and get hundreds of thousands of dubs at 50% off.

[WOLF7]
Members
10,340 posts
44 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Keep in mind that if you got the money to spare, you get the full doubloon amount for duplicates. Collectors get the bundle for a few ships they miss and get hundreds of thousands of dubs at 50% off.

Except they changed that a while back, to where you only receive the discounted ship value in doubloons.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,823 posts
3,940 battles
Just now, awiggin said:

Except they changed that a while back, to where you only receive the discounted ship value in doubloons.

Thankfully in this instance they seem to have made an exception. It's stated so in the description.

[WOLF7]
Members
10,340 posts
12 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Thankfully in this instance they seem to have made an exception. It's stated so in the description.

Perhaps the outrage after the Steam sales made an impression....

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles

1 hour ago, UltimateNewbie said:
1 hour ago, CTMAADawson said:

Would be nice that instead of their Armada Bundle for $700, they just put up all those ships for 50% off. Seventeen of those sixty-seven are T4 and below, so that automatically makes them just about useless for WoW events. Meaning they'll just collect dust for most users. I'm definitely not spending $700 on dozens of ships I'd be hard pressed to use even once a month. But I'd be a lot more inclined to buy two or three half-off ships that I'll use every day. Maybe if it had some discontinued ships, I might go for it. But they'd have to be ships like the Missouri. What say you all?

For the rest of us, a ship or two here and there. The Black ships are 30% off...

I got the 2016 Armada bundle with some Christmas money I had won at work that year. I got all the premiums that were out for sale at the time, but Gremyashchy and Nikolai I were already removed from sale, so they were not in the bundle. That was great for the Christmas boxes that year, as when I got two ships, I got Gremyashchy and Nikolai. I have like 61 of the 67 ships and if I had the spare $700 this year, I could get over 300,000 doubloons from duplicates according to someone's calcs who was missing 10 of the 67 ships. He said it was like $1600 of doubloons for $700, plus getting the missing ships. If you really want to have a lot of ships or if you already have a lot of ships and want duplicate doubloons, then it is a good deal.

[FML]
Members
1,921 posts
10,605 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

I got the 2016 Armada bundle with some Christmas money I had won at work that year. I got all the premiums that were out for sale at the time, but Gremyashchy and Nikolai I were already removed from sale, so they were not in the bundle. That was great for the Christmas boxes that year, as when I got two ships, I got Gremyashchy and Nikolai. I have like 61 of the 67 ships and if I had the spare $700 this year, I could get over 300,000 doubloons from duplicates according to someone's calcs who was missing 10 of the 67 ships. He said it was like $1600 of doubloons for $700, plus getting the missing ships. If you really want to have a lot of ships or if you already have a lot of ships and want duplicate doubloons, then it is a good deal.

Ok, but I’m not sure that $700 for any game constitutes a good deal. 

To each their own!!

[DURPX]
Members
5 posts
1,395 battles

It's those who buy that who will help subsidize the people who do play for free or almost free.  If this was a game that cost money to buy I would have more hesitance for dropping any money on it.  (With season passes and such most games now cost 120$ to get the "FULL" game.)

[SPV]
Members
117 posts
2,588 battles
1 hour ago, UltimateNewbie said:

If I were a collector I'd be more inclined to just buy the handful of ships I don't have. Yeah hypothetically you'd get the doubloon value of the ships you already have. But that's assuming you have $700 you can drop at once on a video game. In my humble opinion, WG would probably make a lot more money if they did half across the board. People who have $20-40 extra bucks to spare could buy the ships they want. Which is way better than nobody buying anything at all because they'd have to chose between the month's rent and virtual boats.

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles
5 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Ok, but I’m not sure that $700 for any game constitutes a good deal. 

To each their own!!

I have found it worth it. I used to collect ships as a kid, but most of them got destroyed when my Dad was deployed back to the US from Germany. With my children grown, I could start again, but I have a small house, so nowhere to store them. They are beautiful in game, I can fight then and don't have to build another model and the game is fun to play. Yeah sure, the game will close up shop someday, but if I die, my kids would probably throw away the models as they don't care for them like I would. Plus no dusting or models under foot, which my wife likes. I spend less on this game than a lot of people we know spend at bars and clubs, so it's not like I'm wasting money. I enjoy it, so that works for me. Bars are boring to me, but not for others, so that works for them. 

1 minute ago, slokill_1 said:

And still no Kutusov in there...

It was removed from sale. When I got the 2016 Armada bundle, it did not have Gremyashchy or Nikolai as they were no longer available to sell. I got Kutuzov, Belfast, Fujin and Kamikaze as they all could be for sale or able to be earned at the time. Kamikaze R was not in the 2016 bundle, even though it was in an event that summer, as WG evidently wanted to keep it an event only ship. Probably why it was so hard to get for the Water/Fire event.

1 minute ago, CTMAADawson said:

If I were a collector I'd be more inclined to just buy the handful of ships I don't have. Yeah hypothetically you'd get the doubloon value of the ships you already have. But that's assuming you have $700 you can drop at once on a video game. In my humble opinion, WG would probably make a lot more money if they did half across the board. People who have $20-40 extra bucks to spare could buy the ships they want. Which is way better than nobody buying anything at all because they'd have to chose between the month's rent and virtual boats.

Well when I bought the Armada bundle in 2016, I spending over a $100 on Christmas crates was not a big deal financially and I got the Armada money as a bonus at work. I no longer work at that very high stress job, so spending $700 is not in the cards right now. If I had a similar paying job as my previous, stressful one, I would do it for the doubloons and ships I don't have. Probably along with the Black Squadron bundle.

• Cool 1

Members
135 posts
10,661 battles

I bought 2 years in a row of the Armada.  I'm debating whether I'm going to spend money for a 3rd year.

It would have been an easier decision if they gave level 10 captains and a flag that would give XP, captain XP, and free XP (to help level up all my ships), or given flags to indicate which years you've bought the Armada and then given you a good XP boosting flags for players who have kept most of the regular and premium ships.

If WarGaming had decided not to give the full doubloon values of all the ships I already own, it would have been an easy decision to pass on the bundle as well.

[XBRTC]
Members
1,640 posts
7,895 battles

Probably would also be an easier decision for a lot of people if it included Belfast, Kami, Kami R, Fujin, Nikolai, Missouri, Gremlin, and Kutuzov. I already have Belfast, Missouri, Kami R and Kutuzov, and I've already sworn off giving WG any more money, but if the others had been included I'd have probably opened up my wallet again. I mean, I'd have hated myself afterwards, and probably thrown up in disgust at having spent more on this [expletive deleted] game, but I'd have probably done it.

[FARQD]
Members
446 posts
6,693 battles

I guess I have some 44 premiums (including those "op" ships) but all I play are the tier 10 ships. Having perma camo on all my tier 10s gets me better rewards in terms of commander exp and free exp (maybe a little less credits which i dont mind). So it's more economical per game for me to play tier 10s. 

Edited by sansfaille