You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Kiss_The_Donkey

Black Ship doubloon missions are [edited]

63 comments in this topic

[DEP]
Members
194 posts
14,223 battles

So WG releases Black ships  and you are supposed to get 250x10 doubloons in missions for playing games....then afterward changes things to say you must play the normal variant of the black ship to get the missions done. Basically, if you dont own the original ship, you're screwed out of a potential 10k doubloons.  Once again WG has their crap backwards and making bundles look better than they really are. Thanks again for ripping your players off due to technicalities that were your fault to begin with for not being explicit and truthful in your descriptions. [edited]

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3
  • Angry 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,618 posts
13,201 battles

The missions are a compensation specifically for the people who have the original ship.

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[FYL]
Members
252 posts
1,446 battles
10 minutes ago, _Kiss_The_Donkey said:

So WG releases Black ships  and you are supposed to get 250x10 doubloons in missions for playing games....then afterward changes things to say you must play the normal variant of the black ship to get the missions done. Basically, if you dont own the original ship, you're screwed out of a potential 10k doubloons.  Once again WG has their crap backwards and making bundles look better than they really are. Thanks again for ripping your players off due to technicalities that were your fault to begin with for not being explicit and truthful in your descriptions. BIG MIDDLE FINGER to you WG. One pissed off player.

Yea, I had a very similar action. I sent them a trouble ticket asking for a refund, and I'll be much more hesitant about buying their crates at all.

[FGNE]
Members
490 posts
1,093 battles
15 minutes ago, Lert said:

The missions are a compensation specifically for the people who have the original ship.

Please note: Tirpitz B, Atago B, Asashio B, and Massachusetts B are separate ships. If you already have the standard Tirpitz, Atago, Asashio, or Massachusetts in your collection, you can use them to complete a special Combat Mission after purchasing the bundle. Conditions: simply enter battle to claim 250 doubloons. The mission can be completed 10 times on each of the ships listed, which will bring you 10,000 doubloons in total. The mission can be obtained only once per account and completed 10 times until January 31.

I will say their wording, as always, is poor.  They really need to find someone with an English degree to write these up.

Edited by JonnyFreedom

[HINON]
Supertester
19,618 posts
13,201 battles
6 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

I will say their wording, as always, is poor.  They really need to find someone with an English degree to write these up.

Really?

6 minutes ago, JonnyFreedom said:

If you already have the standard Tirpitz, Atago, Asashio, or Massachusetts in your collection, you can use them to complete a special Combat Mission after purchasing the bundle.

Seems pretty clear to me. If you already have the standard versions you can use them to complete the missions. You might take 'them' to mean the Black ships, the subjects of the sentence before this, but in this sentence the subject is quite clearly 'the standard Tirpitz, Atago, Asashio, or Massachusetts'.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[HINON]
Members
9,338 posts

Please note that after you purchase bundles with black ships, these missions can only be completed on standard Tirpitz, Asashio, Atago, and Massachusetts ships.

You already get the black version ships at a substantial discount. The doubloon bonus is an enticement for those who already own these ships to consider picking them up.

• Cool 2

[FGNE]
Members
490 posts
1,093 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

Really?

Seems pretty clear to me. If you already have the standard versions you can use them to complete the missions. You might take 'them' to mean the Black ships, the subjects of the sentence before this, but in this sentence the subject is quite clearly 'the standard Tirpitz, Atago, Asashio, or Massachusetts'.

Conditions: simply enter battle to claim 250 doubloons.

Yes.. .Really

[FML]
Members
1,921 posts
10,605 battles
30 minutes ago, _Kiss_The_Donkey said:

So WG releases Black ships  and you are supposed to get 250x10 doubloons in missions for playing games....then afterward changes things to say you must play the normal variant of the black ship to get the missions done. Basically, if you dont own the original ship, you're screwed out of a potential 10k doubloons.  Once again WG has their crap backwards and making bundles look better than they really are. Thanks again for ripping your players off due to technicalities that were your fault to begin with for not being explicit and truthful in your descriptions. BIG MIDDLE FINGER to you WG. One pissed off player.

Black ships are identical to their original counterparts except for their camouflage. They are also being sold for 30% off. 

WG changed their policy a while back such that if you bought a discounted ship you no longer got the full amount of doubloons. 

These gold missions are a clever way for WG to give players gold without breaking their policy - and making players more likely to buy the 4 pack for more $ so both WG and players are happy.

The description seemed fairly clear to me ... If you already have the ship, you get the missions. 

Edited by UltimateNewbie
  • Cool 1

[FYL]
Members
252 posts
1,446 battles

They changed the text  about the doubloons after they received complaints this morning.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,618 posts
13,201 battles
1 minute ago, JonnyFreedom said:

Conditions: simply enter battle to claim 250 doubloons.

Yes.. .Really

That comes after it is established that you can use the standard ships to complete a mission. So, yes. It's made quite obvious that you need the standard ships to complete that mission.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,906 posts
15,356 battles
7 minutes ago, Lert said:

Really?

I think where the confusion comes from is seeing this when you enter the Premium Shop.

C3fSuTi.jpg

When you click on the item and read the actual print, it does say pretty clearly to me that the Doubloons Mission requires the original ship.  However, I can see someone getting into the Premium Shop and see, "Wow!  Black Mass!  And a mission for 2500 Doubloons for $39 USD!  Let's go!"  I can see both sides on this, but it's a case of "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is."

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 2

[FML]
Members
1,921 posts
10,605 battles
2 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I think where the confusion comes from is seeing this when you enter the Premium Shop.

C3fSuTi.jpg

When you click on the item and read the actual print, it does say pretty clearly to me that the Doubloons Mission requires the original ship.  However, I can see someone getting into the Premium Shop and see, "Wow!  Black Mass!  And a mission for 2500 Doubloons for $39 USD!  Let's go!"  I can see both sides on this, but it's a case of "If it looks too good to be true, it probably isn't."

So, how do you suggest fixing a description to help people who don’t read it understand what it means?

• Funny 2

[FYL]
Members
252 posts
1,446 battles

Again, they changed the text  about the doubloons after they received complaints this morning. What you are seeing isn't what confused people.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,618 posts
13,201 battles
18 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I can see both sides on this

Eh, I guess?

Not reading the terms is kinda .... [edited] though if you ask me. And then blaming WG for you not reading it - ... WG put all the information right there, ready and available to read. I guess 'doing the most basic research before spending money' is not something that's taught nowadays.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 5

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,906 posts
15,356 battles
18 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

So, how do you suggest fixing a description to help people who don’t read it understand what it means?

I'd remove the "Combat Mission for 2500 Doubloons" on the executive summary when you enter the Premium Shop, as shown in the picture I linked.  And only mention the Doubloons Mission with the specifics for the original ship inside the item description itself when you click on it.  Remove that "Combat Mission" description and you're fine with the impulse buyers.  Once inside the main descriptor you provide all the details.

18 hours ago, Lert said:

Eh, I guess?

Not reading the terms is kinda .... [edited] though if you ask me. And then blaming WG for you not reading it - ... WG put all the information right there, ready and available to read. I guess 'doing the most basic research before spending money' is not something that's taught nowadays.

There's lots of impulsive buyers out there, Lert.  That included me long ago until I got better about it :Smile_trollface:

[SYN]
Members
7,328 posts
7,771 battles
1 minute ago, Tanuvein said:

Again, they changed the text  about the doubloons after they received complaints this morning. What you are seeing isn't what confused people.

No, they didn't.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,618 posts
13,201 battles
18 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

There's lots of impulsive buyers out there, Lert.  That included me long ago until I got better about it :Smile_trollface:

There are [edited] people everywhere. Besides, being an impulse buyer doesn't preclude taking 1 minute to read a bundle's description.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 3

[WOLF4]
Members
403 posts
5,445 battles
18 hours ago, Lert said:

Eh, I guess?

It’s poor wording and tons of people make honest mistakes and don’t read the fine print. You don’t have to be an eletist a$# to them. 

• Cool 4

[HINON]
Supertester
19,618 posts
13,201 battles
3 minutes ago, bubbleboy264 said:

It’s poor wording and tons of people make honest mistakes and don’t read the fine print.

You're right that not reading the fine print is a mistake. If you even could consider the very list of contents of what you are buying to be 'fine print'. If believing this makes me an 'eletist' a$# then I am proud to be one.

How hard is basic reading? Too hard apparently. How much hand holding do people need?

• Bad 4

[WOLF4]
Members
403 posts
5,445 battles
Just now, Lert said:

You're right that not reading the fine print is a mistake. If you even could consider the very list of contents of what you are buying to be 'fine print'. If believing this makes me an 'eletist' a$# then I am proud to be one.

How hard is basic reading? Too hard apparently.

When the hell did I ever say reading was hard? 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,618 posts
13,201 battles
1 minute ago, bubbleboy264 said:

When the hell did I ever say reading was hard? 

By claiming that the very list of contents of the bundle you are purchasing is 'fine print'.

• Bad 4

[FYL]
Members
252 posts
1,446 battles
23 minutes ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

No, they didn't.

Why would you say this?

Original text: If you already have the standard Tirpitz in your collection, you can also use her to complete a special Combat Mission after purchasing the bundle. Conditions: simply enter battle on Tirpitz to claim 250 doubloons

Current text: Please note: Tirpitz B, Atago B, Asashio B, and Massachusetts B are separate ships. If you already have the standard Tirpitz, Atago, Asashio, or Massachusetts in your collection, you can use them to complete a special Combat Mission after purchasing the bundle. Conditions: simply enter battle to claim 250 doubloons. The mission can be completed 10 times on each of the ships listed, which will bring you 10,000 doubloons in total. The mission can be obtained only once per account and completed 10 times until January 31.

Post of them telling us it will be changed immediately: https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/109141-psa-black-friday-2500-doubloon-mission/?do=findComment&comment=2739148

[HINON]
Supertester
19,618 posts
13,201 battles
Just now, Tanuvein said:

Original text: If you already have the standard Tirpitz in your collection, you can also use her to complete a special Combat Mission after purchasing the bundle. Conditions: simply enter battle on Tirpitz to claim 250 doubloons

Thank you for posting the original text. Still seems obvious to me that the missions are for the non-black ship.

• Funny 1
  • Bad 3

Members
2,580 posts
5,576 battles
23 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

C3fSuTi.jpg

When you click on the item and read the actual print, it does say pretty clearly to me that the Doubloons Mission requires the original ship.  However, I can see someone getting into the Premium Shop and see, "Wow!  Black Mass!  And a mission for 2500 Doubloons for $39 USD!  Let's go!"  I can see both sides on this, but it's a case of "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is."

When you post something like this its prudent to put in a ASTERISK on the portion which says "Combat Mission for 2,500 Doubloon. *."..to be clear there is precise information in regards to conditions on the doubloon rewards. It is always best to be upfront on these promos so as to keep the players warned there is more than what you see on the front end menu.  Also a note which says SEE DETAILS is also a good move to keep it clear. 

[WOLF4]
Members
403 posts
5,445 battles
2 minutes ago, dionkraft said:

When you post something like this its prudent to put in a ASTERISK on the portion which says "Combat Mission for 2,500 Doubloon. *."..to be clear there is precise information in regards to conditions on the doubloon rewards. It is always best to be upfront on these promos so as to keep the players warned there is more than what you see on the front end menu.  Also a note which says SEE DETAILS is also a good move to keep it clear. 

Yes, that’s what we are all saying that it isn’t clear enough, not that we are illiterate babies.