You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

Asashio B "Gold Rush" mission isn't working

33 comments in this topic

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
151 posts
3,397 battles

I got the AsashioB from one of the prem containers I bought this morning, though after 3 battles in it (and finally a win...) the "Gold Rush" mission is not activating and is staying grey'd out. Here's a screenshot showing the mission as available, and showing my post results after a loss & win (using it in random battles) with no change in the amount of gold that I've got available.  

asa-gold-rush.thumb.jpg.895581746a05b8e74cadf0bd35057338.jpg

[HINON]
Members
9,345 posts

Please note that after you purchase bundles with black ships, these missions can only be completed on standard Tirpitz, Asashio, Atago, and Massachusetts ships.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
702 posts
12,823 battles
5 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Please note that after you purchase bundles with black ships, these missions can only be completed on standard Tirpitz, Asashio, Atago, and Massachusetts ships.

So he need ,,normal assashio,, or jsut change  camo?

What is purpose have 2 same tirpitz then ?

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
151 posts
3,397 battles
17 minutes ago, checksix51_2 said:

You have to use the “plain” normal Asashio that is not the Black Friday edition to get credit for the missions. 

Oh, well that makes about ZERO sense, but whatever. At least it isn't borked... right?

• Angry 2

[HONOR]
Members
11 posts
4,770 battles

I bought the pack with all 4 ships because and only because i didnt have the Atago, Asashio and Tirpitz and i wanted them

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HONOR]
Members
11 posts
4,770 battles

And why would you have/buy the same ship again.................... i mean they all are the same ship(in black) so..........

• Cool 1

[PENND]
Beta Testers
17 posts
4,493 battles

I bought 5 Black Friday boxes and picked up the Tirpitz B.  But then I bought the Massachusetts B because it was such a sweet deal.  And according to the ad, it included the 2500 doubloon mission.  Found out I can take the black camo off and exchange it for a different camo, but CANNOT access the "Gold Rush" mission!  Bait and Switch?  Why would someone who already has a Massachusetts buy a black one?  Misleading at best.

Mass B.JPG

• Cool 6

[WOLF7]
Members
10,359 posts
17 minutes ago, DuckBoom said:

I bought 5 Black Friday boxes and picked up the Tirpitz B.  But then I bought the Massachusetts B because it was such a sweet deal.  And according to the ad, it included the 2500 doubloon mission.  Found out I can take the black camo off and exchange it for a different camo, but CANNOT access the "Gold Rush" mission!  Bait and Switch?  Why would someone who already has a Massachusetts buy a black one?  Misleading at best.

Mass B.JPG

They have to make money somehow....:Smile_trollface:

• Angry 1

[RNGR]
Beta Testers
10 posts
18,304 battles

Sucked me in. I bought a black ship expecting a gold mission. I thought it would be a nice bonus.Apparently I am stupid. Guess I should run for President.

• Cool 3

[PENND]
Beta Testers
17 posts
4,493 battles
5 minutes ago, Gross said:

Sucked me in. I bought a black ship expecting a gold mission. I thought it would be a nice bonus.Apparently I am stupid. Guess I should run for President.

Me too! Need a VP candidate?

[BNKR]
Members
70 posts
2,665 battles

Came here thinking the same thing, whoops, not impressed with it having the missions only if you had the regular ship, guess it is an incentive to buy a black one.  

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
151 posts
3,397 battles

It really seems like intentionally misleading us with the way they set it up. :-(

• Cool 4

[TDG]
Members
39 posts
2,043 battles

It's wrong and a Bait and Switch. There is no justifying this, they knew what they were doing and expected people to be extremely upset and didn't care seems like all they care about nowadays is money money money!

• Cool 3

[PLPT]
Members
759 posts
7,290 battles

I bought the Massachusetts B from the ad and have the same problem. SURELY they will make this right? It’s in the ad...

• Cool 1

[P237B]
Members
11 posts
508 battles
6 hours ago, n00bot said:

I bought the Massachusetts B from the ad and have the same problem. SURELY they will make this right? It’s in the ad...

The more I think about it, the more likely I think that it is just a technical oversight and will get fixed. The fact that I'm seeing a "personal assignment" for it makes zero sense if it is working as designed. It simply would show not list that at all for folks like me who don't have the original Asa.

• Cool 1

Members
68 posts
11,351 battles

Got the Tirpitz B and Asashio B from the X12 container sales. Was disappointed when the first ship that popped out was the Tirpitz B as I have the Tirpitz. The Last container had the Asashio B in it. This morning decided to take it for a spin, and the new personal mission showed up. Played a game and did not see it on the summary screen. Read the fine print and yup, grab your ankles. At less I will be able to use my plain Jane Tirpitz to deal with the Tirpitz B, but why would I even want to spend money out fighting her.

I doubt that this was an oversight from WG, they have been planing this for a while. I can tell you right now I usually spend a lot on the Santa Creates but at this point I I'm planing on spending $0.

• Cool 1

Members
2,584 posts
5,591 battles
22 hours ago, Gross said:

Write up a support ticket if you want as you have a good chance to get refunded. You have nothing to lose if you try. 

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
1,031 posts
6,437 battles

2500 is such a low amount of gold to get upset over, 10$? I too am going to stop spending money but it has nothing to do with this particular issue. The money we pour into this game doesn't go towards hiring the hardcore programmers that work on the actual game engine... it pays to keep warplanes and total war: disaster from going under. Wargaming, stop wasting money on goodlooking chicks, art directors and sets for your stupid videos and make the game better so you keep customers

[ANKER]
Beta Testers
83 posts
7,986 battles

So I am a bit confused. I received all 4 of the new "B" ships in Prem Black Friday containers. I do not see these missions anywhere. Do you only get the missions if you bought the ships outright and not just through containers?

[ANKER]
Beta Testers
83 posts
7,986 battles

Just answered my own question. You have to play a game in the "B" version to enable the mission, then play in the regular ship for the gold.

[LEGIO]
Beta Testers
3 posts
9,555 battles

Why would the mission come up once you purchase the ship or a container that has the XXXX-B ship.

I purchased one container and got an Atago B from it, then the Personal Mission popped up.  Server issue?

• Cool 2

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
151 posts
3,397 battles
14 hours ago, HorrorRoach said:

2500 is such a low amount of gold to get upset over, 10$?

In the big picture of the world, $10 definitely isn't a big deal (at least for the huge majority of folks who are playing WoWS.) However, it is about 30% of the expected value for each of these ship packages (more for the cheaper ships and less for the bigger ones.) And more importantly it is at best a bug that can be addressed and fixed (and replied to,) or at worst, an intentionally misleading and poorly worded bit of information (which has been updated and elaborated on now,) which is really not a smart way to do business in the long run.

Personally,  I'm as irked now that I have a "personal mission" that is listed in the game which I'm not able to complete without spending 9200g. Why it is 'unlocked' for players like me (who don't own the original,) is beyond my understanding. 

• Cool 2

[M-T-B]
Beta Testers
7 posts
2,192 battles

This was a very greasy move by WG and it appears nobody is very impressed with it. I think the those who bought the "Black" ships should be compensated the 2500 gold. It was intentionally misleading. I realize it's only about $10 real money but it's the principle of it. Why piss off your customer base? I, like many others, have given WG a lot of money over the years and if this is not taken care of, it may well be the last money I spend. Do the right thing WG.

• Cool 1