You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Khazal

Rasputin bundle

19 comments in this topic

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Beta Testers
95 posts
3,489 battles

I get that its a hell of a nice oppertunity for them to offer her for us to buy before she is removed. But still I dont want the black friday containers. Aint worth it for me. Still could we get a bundle without all the extra fluff? Id gladly buy it if it were just the Rasputin. Ya'lls thoughts?

Screenshot_20181123-124703.png

• Funny 1

[FTH]
[FTH]
Members
303 posts
11,573 battles

The thing is, it's the same price as the 24 Black Friday containers, so it's a case of you buy the 24 Black Friday containers, or you buy the 24 Black Friday containers with Rasputin, it's the same price. Since it won't stay in the game after the update, I doubt they'd try selling it by itself, since it would be a literal rental period.

[STRM]
Members
3 posts
2,929 battles

I bought the 40 pumpkin bundle that gave the killer whale.

While it did make the entire event much much easier, it wasn't worth it to me in the end since they removed it. 

It would feel better if they added you some doubloons, or credits even instead of removing the ship as if it never existed.

just my thought on that I guess

Alpha Tester
115 posts
3,514 battles

You want to purchase a temporary ship?

Plus the whole -26% off on an already temporary sale that was created a few days ago and lasts a few days is pretty silly.

I know it is a predictable sale tactic to entice/manipulate the gullible, but really.

Don't get me started on "discounting" virtual sales.

• Funny 1

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Beta Testers
95 posts
3,489 battles
Just now, Purg473 said:

The thing is, it's the same price as the 24 Black Friday containers, so it's a case of you buy the 24 Black Friday containers, or you buy the 24 Black Friday containers with Rasputin, it's the same price. Since it won't stay in the game after the update, I doubt they'd try selling it by itself, since it would be a literal rental period.

I get that though and maybe I wasnt clear. I would have liked it if we could have just paid the cheaper price to play with the ship 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,392 posts
19,430 battles

Why you want to buy 24 container just for a ship that will be gone after they remove the twilight battle? 

It's not that you can keep the ships as the T4 Imperator Nikolai.

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Beta Testers
95 posts
3,489 battles
Just now, mr_angry_eyes said:

You want to purchase a temporary ship?

Plus the whole -26% off on an already temporary sale that was created a few days ago and lasts a few days is pretty silly.

I know it is a predictable sale tactic to entice/manipulate the gullible, but really.

Don't get me started on "discounting" virtual sales.

A tier 3 BB is like 10 bucks roughly. Thats a decent price to pay to play the infamous Rasputin. Thats even if its just a short time thing. Im not saying the sale is bad at all. I just cannot afford nor do I want that many blackfriday containers. 

[ARGSY]
5,392 posts
19,430 battles
4 minutes ago, Khazal said:

A tier 3 BB is like 10 bucks roughly. Thats a decent price to pay to play the infamous Rasputin. Thats even if its just a short time thing. Im not saying the sale is bad at all. I just cannot afford nor do I want that many blackfriday containers. 

It's a T4 BB and infamous for it's hilarious high winrate and average damage. While the Gremyashy turned into a monster after numerous changes in the game mechanics, the ImpNiko was born as such. And removed after a two week sale.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,895 posts
2,705 battles
37 minutes ago, Khazal said:

Id gladly buy it if it were just the Rasputin. Ya'lls thoughts?

Thought:  Who would spend $$ to use a ship for 3 weeks?

[ARGSY]
Members
7,154 posts
4,869 battles
13 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

This.

Only if you want that many Black Friday containers anyway. Otherwise just knuckle down and win 50 games in Twilight mode.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,586 posts
10,041 battles

Like all the effort and finances that went into earning the Hiryu and Independence...   So it was just a rental period after all...

Oh but thank you for a few coins...  Turns out I'm a collector, not a gamer.. 

Too bad they just can't clone the mechanics and keep them all.

T4  Bogue, Langley, Zuiho, Hosho

T6 Ranger, Independence, Hiryu, Ryujo

T8  Essex, Lexington, Tiaho, Shokaku..

You know, it wouldn't be that terrible...  You can change the flavor of each one later.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,895 posts
2,705 battles

I won't be surprised to see them come back after a while.

[WOLF7]
Members
10,355 posts
32 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I really think OP thinks they mean "Removed from premium shop" not "Removed from his account"

WG's wording is typical in situations like this...:Smile_teethhappy:

[PVE]
Members
10,832 posts
7,957 battles
3 hours ago, IEatMetalFromTanks said:

I bought the 40 pumpkin bundle that gave the killer whale.

While it did make the entire event much much easier, it wasn't worth it to me in the end since they removed it. 

It would feel better if they added you some doubloons, or credits even instead of removing the ship as if it never existed.

just my thought on that I guess

The 40 Pumpkin bundle without the Killer Whale was the same price. They just marketed it as a way to get Killer Whale as a free bonus, without having to grind 50k base XP in the sub Operations.

2 hours ago, awiggin said:

I really think OP thinks they mean "Removed from premium shop" not "Removed from his account"

WG's wording is typical in situations like this...:Smile_teethhappy:

From further up thread.

3 hours ago, Khazal said:

Nah, it seems to me he knows it is a temp ship just for the Halloween PvP mode that ends on Patch 7.12, which is probably Dec 12th/19th-ish.

[VOC]
Members
81 posts
63 battles

Ship is temp indeed. So is the captain. On the other hand: the BF containers coming with it are a better deal than two times 12. So should you consider investing in BFC's OP, it might be a very good choice. That temporary ship/ captain for free anyway. And you get to keep the upgrades on the ship mounted off for free after removal. Also you'l save captain XP in your overall pool. So again; should you consider investing in the lootboxes anyway this seems like a sweet deal on closer look.

[PVE]
Members
10,832 posts
7,957 battles
2 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Ship is temp indeed. So is the captain. On the other hand: the BF containers coming with it are a better deal than two times 12. So should you consider investing in BFC's OP, it might be a very good choice. That temporary ship/ captain for free anyway. And you get to keep the upgrades on the ship mounted off for free after removal. Also you'l save captain XP in your overall pool. So again; should you consider investing in the lootboxes anyway this seems like a sweet deal on closer look.

Exactly. When it comes to WG lootboxes, check the value of the least valuable things you can get. Flags, camo and the like. If you don't find those valuable for the price you are paying for the box, don't buy them. If you do buy them and then get some of the really good stuff, bonus. If you only get the less valuable stuff, but still feel it is a deal, then you will be happy. If you only want the valuable stuff and will not care about getting the less valuable stuff, then don't buy the boxes. Even if you really, really want some of the good stuff. I have the spare cash to get the Black Mass and I would like it WAY more than the others. I could try for it in lootboxes, but may not get the Black Mass in 12 lootboxes, so it makes more sense to buy it for $40. If it wasn't for the fact that I really, really want the Black Mass and would only like the others, then going the lootbox path would make sense for me as the other stuff is all valuable to me.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
5,392 posts
19,430 battles
7 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

I thought you cannot mount any upgrades to the twilight battle ships.

The captain XP are meh if you own more then 300 of those XP flags and have a good stock of premiums. I make more captain XP in my Missouri/Jean Bart/Musashi per match then with the twilight battles.

[VOC]
Members
81 posts
63 battles
6 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Exactly. When it comes to WG lootboxes, check the value of the least valuable things you can get. Flags, camo and the like. If you don't find those valuable for the price you are paying for the box, don't buy them. If you do buy them and then get some of the really good stuff, bonus. If you only get the less valuable stuff, but still feel it is a deal, then you will be happy. If you only want the valuable stuff and will not care about getting the less valuable stuff, then don't buy the boxes. Even if you really, really want some of the good stuff. I have the spare cash to get the Black Mass and I would like it WAY more than the others. I could try for it in lootboxes, but may not get the Black Mass in 12 lootboxes, so it makes more sense to buy it for $40. If it wasn't for the fact that I really, really want the Black Mass and would only like the others, then going the lootbox path would make sense for me as the other stuff is all valuable to me.

Well I decided to take the 6 crates. Because I heard and saw the ship drop chance is pretty high. I got Tirpitz (my overall favorite ship) and Atago B out of those. The rest was also real value to my money. And I'm very, very tempted to buy Mass B as well. Being on the 50-50 conviction the whole time for Massachusetts the entire time. But that beyond dope looking cammo will prolly tip me over to the dark side. :Smile_veryhappy: (talking about my EU account to be clear).

[PVE]
Members
10,832 posts
7,957 battles
6 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Well I decided to take the 6 crates. Because I heard and saw the ship drop chance is pretty high. I got Tirpitz (my overall favorite ship) and Atago B out of those. The rest was also real value to my money. And I'm very, very tempted to buy Mass B as well. Being on the 50-50 conviction the whole time for Massachusetts the entire time. But that beyond dope looking cammo will prolly tip me over to the dark side. :Smile_veryhappy: (talking about my EU account to be clear).

Shiny.

If you don't have the Atago, you should like the Atago-B. It is a very nice cruiser and even tho I'm a PvE main, I do fairly well in PvP in Atago and Takao when I loop in and out to fire on the reds, keeping right around my detect range so I can go dark. I really want to like the Tirpitz, but I played it for T8 missions when it was required when I was just barely in the mid tiers. We didn't get along and I have yet to repair the relationship. :Smile_teethhappy:

I'm grinding the NC and I really like playing the Alabama and Mass as well. The Mass is a lot of fun in co-op for all the pewpew brawling as the bots will charge and brawl. I've seen people do very well with it in randoms playing the midrange ship that can still hit you with secondaries.