You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_h2o

Duplicates for collections! Why am I getting them?

22 comments in this topic

[NOBS]
Members
650 posts
6,711 battles

The only collection I'm taking part in is the "royal navy destroyers" all the rest of my collections are completed. I'm still getting duplicates in crates, is there no way to stop that?

• Bad 2

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles

With the new Royal Navy containers, you get a new collection.  Be sure that its setting is "Collect'. 

Duplicates auto-convert to 15,000 Cr.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,174 posts
4,874 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

But if the collections are complete, they should autoconvert into credits.

If the collections are complete, they should have suspended themselves and stop delivering.

[RLGN]
Members
8,688 posts
17,952 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If the collections are complete, they should have suspended themselves and stop delivering.

While I won’t deny that should likely be the case; if it doesn’t interfere with a currently active collection, (hopefully it doesn’t,) what’s wrong with getting extra credits?

[NOBS]
Members
650 posts
6,711 battles
5 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

While I won’t deny that should likely be the case; if it doesn’t interfere with a currently active collection, (hopefully it doesn’t,) what’s wrong with getting extra credits?

Seems to me that it should drop ones from the collection I'm collecting

• Bad 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
3,465 posts

Duplicates should never have been a thing, it should be dirt-simple to code so that a container with an item for a collection first checks the player's collection.  Only after the collection is complete should it switch to a 15k payout of some kind. 

[RLGN]
Members
8,688 posts
17,952 battles
2 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

Seems to me that it should drop ones from the collection I'm collecting.

In that respect I don’t disagree.

[PVE]
Members
10,843 posts
7,979 battles
20 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Duplicates should never have been a thing, it should be dirt-simple to code so that a container with an item for a collection first checks the player's collection.  Only after the collection is complete should it switch to a 15k payout of some kind. 

Sorry, but no. I like the duplicates. I have 1.5M credits in duplicates in the Yamamoto collection when I suspended it for Ovechkin. I have 225k in duplicates in Ovechkin. I'll let them complete on their own as every credit helps me.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
3,465 posts
2 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Sorry, but no. I like the duplicates. I have 1.5M credits in duplicates in the Yamamoto collection when I suspended it for Ovechkin. I have 225k in duplicates in Ovechkin. I'll let them complete on their own as every credit helps me.

In theory eliminating duplicates and changing to payout after the collection is complete would increase the number of credits obtained in that manner.

Unless you're already not using any duplicates to complete collections, in which case it would come out the same in credits.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles
33 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

Seems to me that it should drop ones from the collection I'm collecting

It does.  Are you getting items for collections that you're not collecting?

[PVE]
Members
10,843 posts
7,979 battles
5 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

In theory eliminating duplicates and changing to payout after the collection is complete would increase the number of credits obtained in that manner.

Unless you're already not using any duplicates to complete collections, in which case it would come out the same in credits.

No, it would not be the same as I have over 100 Yamamoto duplicates and only two to go to complete the collection. By your plan, I would have completed the collection LONG ago, instead of farming duplicates for extra credits.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
3,465 posts
24 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

No, it would not be the same as I have over 100 Yamamoto duplicates and only two to go to complete the collection. By your plan, I would have completed the collection LONG ago, instead of farming duplicates for extra credits.

And I keep saying that you'd get the same 15k payouts instead of collection items once the collection was complete.

But even now it's not like you can control when you complete the collection, it's entirely largely random.

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[NOBS]
Members
650 posts
6,711 battles
23 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

It does.  Are you getting items for collections that you're not collecting?

Yes, the only collection I'm collecting are the UK destroyers, but I'm getting items from the other collections

• Bad 3

[PVE]
Members
10,843 posts
7,979 battles
15 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

And I keep saying that you'd get the same 15k payouts instead of collection items once the collection was complete.

But even now it's not like you can control when you complete the collection, it's entirely random.

But when a Collection is completed, you can no longer keep collecting duplicates, so it would not be the same. I'm getting 1,500,000 credits from the duplicates i have now and will probably get more before the Yamamoto completes on it's own.

2 minutes ago, Capt_h2o said:

Yes, the only collection I'm collecting are the UK destroyers, but I'm getting items from the other collections

That's weird as except for the ones you can get from Daily Containers, you can not get the other collections. Bismarck, France, Dunkirk, etc, you can not get. American, Yamamoto, Ovechkin and RN DDs are the only ones you can get from Daily Containers and you can only have one of them active at a time.

Now what you could be be getting are the patches. You have an emblem, but I have a black shield with a red dragon under my name. The patches are also dropped randomly from Daily Containers. Since they keep adding patches, this way you can get new ones, if you miss an event. But you will get a lot of duplicates. It does have the same 15k credit for duplicates, but there is no way to turn that off. It is free credits tho and as WG adds new ones, you should get new ones too every once in a while until you have them all. or they add more.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
3,465 posts
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

But when a Collection is completed, you can no longer keep collecting duplicates, so it would not be the same. I'm getting 1,500,000 credits from the duplicates i have now and will probably get more before the Yamamoto completes on it's own.

Um... I've had several collections where the duplicates just kept coming long after I'd completed the collection...  do they not all work the same or something?

[WOLF5]
Members
540 posts
20,193 battles
11 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Um... I've had several collections where the duplicates just kept coming long after I'd completed the collection...  do they not all work the same or something?

Are you sure you're not getting patches? Those you can get duplicates in perpetuity since technically that's something that will never be completed. 

[PVE]
Members
10,843 posts
7,979 battles
11 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Once I completed the American collection, it never dropped again and there is no way to start it dropping again. Are you getting patches, because those are separate from the collections? And patches do not turn off, because WG adds new ones at times

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
3,465 posts
7 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

Are you sure you're not getting patches? Those you can get duplicates in perpetuity since technically that's something that will never be completed. 

7 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Once I completed the American collection, it never dropped again and there is no way to start it dropping again. Are you getting patches, because those are separate from the collections? And patches do not turn off, because WG adds new ones at times

The patches are separate, I've noticed them as well.

If I can remember which one kept giving duplicates after being complete, I'll come back and note it.

[NOBS]
Members
650 posts
6,711 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Maybe they are patches, I just haven't noticed till today, because today I had one in every container

• Bad 4

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles
3 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

The collections don't all work the same, except that once a collection is completed, no more items drop for it.  Emblems and backgrounds keep coming, though, which is a good thing.

When Ya'mama'toe completes (eventually) I will get no more duplicates from it.