You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Markk9

T8 Matchmaking - though WG fixed it?

37 comments in this topic

[13CLM]
Members
228 posts
1,364 battles

I'm not really complaining, just thought WG fixed the MM in this update. This was my first T8 match, were I was bottom tier with all other teammates being T10.  

Screen Shot 2018-11-23 at 12.34.27 PM.png

[-BUI-]
[-BUI-]
Members
261 posts
2,136 battles

I played a bunch of T8 games last night, only 1 had any T10's in it, and oddly, it was all the Cruisers and Destroyers, only the BBs were T8 (all 6 fo them)

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,671 posts
3,895 battles
5 minutes ago, steelers_rule_2018 said:

It's better for 8's and far worse for 7's. 

It's just more incentive to only play T4, if you ask me. Since it destroys the T7 sweet spot while not making any other middle tier appealing.

• Bad 1

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,203 battles
7 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

It's just more incentive to only play T4, if you ask me. Since it destroys the T7 sweet spot while not making any other middle tier appealing.

Perhapse the word fix means something different in Russian than it does in English heheheheehe

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,671 posts
3,895 battles
7 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Perhapse the word fix means something different in Russian than it does in English heheheheehe

I wouldn't be surprised, considering the Russian idea of maintenance. 

• Bad 1

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,203 battles
1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

ROFLMAO, that is hilarious. I heard a story about this guy who moves to Russia for a job. Once he gets settled in he asks his neighbors for a recommendation for a good quality washing machine. They give him one and he buys it. In two weeks it breaks down and he asks his neighbors about it. Their response was it is quality because it is the easiest washing machine to fix. 

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,203 battles
5 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

When I was in the Navy I remember asking why Russian ship carry between 2-4 different surface to air missile systems and multiple types of anti ship missiles. The answer was redundancy, one or more of those system will always be down.

Edited by Belthorian

[WOLFC]
Members
443 posts
6,265 battles
29 minutes ago, Markk9 said:

I'm not really complaining, just thought WG fixed the MM in this update. This was my first T8 match, were I was bottom tier with all other teammates being T10.  

Working as intended, comrade. :Smile_honoring:

AdmirableAlarmedCat-small.gif

[HINON]
Members
9,355 posts
14 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

When I was in the Navy I remember asking why Russian ship carry between 2-4 different surface to air missile systems and multiple types of anti ship missiles. The answer was redundancy, one or more of those system will always be down.

kQl8Voh.gif

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,671 posts
3,895 battles
12 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

ROFLMAO, that is hilarious.

Relevant to this forum, look up Arkhangelsk, Kursk, and Admiral Kutznetsov for examples of Russian repair work.

• Bad 1

[REVY]
Members
977 posts
7,858 battles

out of my last 15 battles in T8, only 2 could be considered Top Tier or Mid Tier.

All the rest, I was either the only or one of 2 T8 ships against all T10s.

I even had a sail of my Enterprise for something different. Ended up low tiered in another T10 battle vs a Graf Zep.

Enemy team had 3 Woosters and their team stayed near them. Only success I had was an AP strike a few torps on a Roma that roamed (lol) away from the rest. By the time my planes had re-armed, he was back near a wooster.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,203 battles
21 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

kQl8Voh.gif

LOL When I was in the Navy we had the Sea Sparrow short range sam system that was in a 8 cell launcher. That thing failed so much we called it the Sea Chicken. 

[TOG]
Members
2,822 posts
15,797 battles
8 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

LOL When I was in the Navy we had the Sea Sparrow short range sam system that was in a 8 cell launcher. That thing failed so much we called it the Sea Chicken. 

Reminds me of Jessica Simpson for some strange reason...

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,946 posts
4,837 battles

I honestly don't see much of a difference. I can play in either 8 or 9 or 10, it's nothing too special in my mind. 

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,203 battles
1 hour ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Reminds me of Jessica Simpson for some strange reason...

LOL That show ruined every fantasy I ever had about her. On the outside she was PERFECT. However, her pure stupidity dropped her from a 10 to a 3 in my eyes.

Members
3,713 posts
6,424 battles
7 minutes ago, XxX_7_1 said:

Need protected matchmaking for t8 so we don't get hammered by t10.

Many tier 8 can do well in tier 10 games - just have to be careful and play to the strengths.  BBs will be easier than CAs but it is doable and lower tier will get more XP and credits since they are doing damage to higher tier ships.

As for the OP - no one said the fix would completely prevent tier 8s with tier 10.  Much of it depends on how many people are playing the tiers.

• Bad 1

[CVRME]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,376 posts
5,292 battles

Saddening-- The real issue here and the elephant in the room is, and always will be, the "kiddie pool".  Let's be real here... Most who are here to stay don't care about T2-4 getting these preferential, easy mode MM spread.  Creating the kiddie pool spread was the worst thing that could have happened to the MM system, and its only hurt the game's matches overall ever since.  

WG, I doubt you'll listen but in this moment you were outright stupid and short-sighted.  Oh, you want young players to have an easier time?  How about you take the effort to educate them in basics via tutorials instead of leaving the community to develop your playerbase correctly, no less with how fast you speed through T4... all you've done is made them suffer more than they normally would, hitting T5 to be clubbed without a second thought.  Which by the way, is *not* good for player retention.

The very thing WG tries to do for new players you only exasperate the problem in their not-so-distant future.  An average new player takes what?  1-2 weeks at most to hit T5?  At what cost was this to their longer-term experience and everyone who actually plays this game alot or is a veteran at least?

Laughable.

[WOLF7]
Members
10,361 posts
37 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Many tier 8 can do well in tier 10 games - just have to be careful and play to the strengths.  BBs will be easier than CAs but it is doable and lower tier will get more XP and credits since they are doing damage to higher tier ships.

As for the OP - no one said the fix would completely prevent tier 8s with tier 10.  Much of it depends on how many people are playing the tiers.

WG has admitted serious players are a tiny minority in this game, yet you still want to push the same old tiered meme.....:Smile_facepalm:

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,536 posts
3,588 battles

Eh, it's only because many players are racing to get out wins in their T9s and T10s for that easy Steel. Prior to the event but after the MM change, I noticed that T7s were worse off, as they were more often dragged up into T9 battles.

While I don't advocate +/-1 due to being too strict, I feel it could use some tweaking; maybe BBs and CAs get +/-2, CLs and DDs get +/-1, and CVs change to whatever comes with the CV overhaul. If no game is available after 2 minutes of waiting, then MM will expand CLs and DDs to +/-2 instead, starting with those who waited the longest. Then get rid of the T8 MM change and only leave the T4 Protected MM since that one has been working pretty well.

Members
3,713 posts
6,424 battles
39 minutes ago, awiggin said:

WG has admitted serious players are a tiny minority in this game, yet you still want to push the same old tiered meme.....:Smile_facepalm:

Yep - common sense is a tired meme - as much as your tired - one track posts are...  As much as you complain constantly - you should show WG how to do it 'right' by making your own.  I am sure you could do it all by yourself simply by judging your inflated ego via a couple years worth of posts.

Reality is - nothing in my post is a meme of any kind n nor can it be taken that way unless you really struggle to.

• Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Members
3,383 posts
1,465 battles
1 hour ago, CaliburxZero said:

leaving the community to develop your playerbase correctly, no less with how fast you speed through T4...

Laughable.

The laughable part is that the community does anything good for them, most of the time.

Usually, they enter a game, and some puffed up dickhead screams at them that they're worthless and should uninstall.  That's about all I've ever seen from the community *in-game*.  That's not WG's doing...

Edited by mavfin87